- Executive with business technology strategy development and implementation ownership with Mid - Size and Small entities; delivering products and services for Healthcare, Educational, Non-Profits and the Public Sector. Successful at delivering complex multi-year engagements and launching B2B commercial software products.
- Value creator at delivering state of the art services. Identified as a business leader who can take on pressing technology problems, finding innovative and effective solutions. A fail forward executive, who adapts to changing circumstances and needs of the organization fast. Managed teams of 8 to 45 people covering a gamut of technical talent.
- Forward thinker who leans into a challenge. A can-do leader, who forges relationships to get things done. Possess innate ability to navigate the complex technology landscape to deliver results. Passionate about connecting forward business needs and objectives with technology roadmap.
- My leadership style is collaborative; I seek and value input. I enjoy mentoring teams and developing future leaders. Talented at developing high performance engineering groups. Recognized as a steward of resources and people. Partnered with colleagues that designed SLAs that create value, and improve performance and customer satisfaction. Excellent negotiator, who can deliver agreements that meets the interests of all parties. Current with cross industry’s standards and best practices.
Packages: Epic, Cerner, SAP FICO, NetSuite, Oracle Products and Surgical Information Systems
Analytic Tools: SAS, R, & SQL Server Analysis Services
Reporting/BI: SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI, Crystal Reports & Business Objects Server
Databases & Tools: Oracle 12c & 9, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL & PL/SQL
Data Warehouse: Informatica & Microsoft SQL Data Warehouse
Microsoft: TFS, Project, Project Server, SharePoint, Visio, Power Pivot, Power Viewer, Word, Excel & Publisher
Other: Hadoop, Golden Gate, JIRA, Confluence, GitHub and Bamboo
ASSOCIATE PRODUCTS’ DIRECTOR & SENIOR IT MANAGER
Confidential, Reston, VA
- As the Senior IT Manager and Products’ Team Manager, I managed four engineering teams comprising 26 professional staff including software developers, quality assurance analysts, build, release engineers, SCRUM Masters and a product owner.
- I was responsible for the entire engineering team within the company and owned all software release cycles. I had a wide range of responsibilities including product roadmaps, engineering, solution design and delivery, P&L, mentoring product owners and SCRUM teams, forming new teams to deliver on R&D, and Image and Video processing initiatives.
- In addition, I was responsible for hiring staff, fostering talent, processes, managing performance expectations, training and integrating new hires into our teams. I owned and managed the roadmap development and deliverables.
- I owned development, build, test and pre-release environments and their operational cycles. I evangelized continuous integration, pair programming, test driven development, QA automation and product documentation. I was responsible for end to end release management of three products, including setting release dates in cooperation with product owners.
- I worked with SCRUM masters, product owners and teams to develop epics, stories and tasks. My teams produced internal and external releases of Wide Area Motion Imagery, Global Information Systems and Full Motion Video software products. I managed the development team’s operating and capital budget.
SENIOR IT MANAGER & SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- As the Senior IT Manager, I was responsible for Data Warehouse (EDW), Business Intelligence (BI) and Software Engineering teams. My project initiatives included replacing existing Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) with a new platform, SharePoint, all enterprise portals, and transition to SCRUM.
- As the project manager on several of the initiatives, I was responsible for end to end project lifecycle including program charters, project plans, resource management, deliverables, multi-domain teams and P&L for each project.
- While selecting the EDW platform, we evaluated several industry leading vendors and their products, along with prototyping custom solutions to replace legacy EDW and BI platforms. I was responsible for project scope, requirements, change management and negotiating vendor contracts.
- My teams comprised of supervisors, architects, ETL engineers, programmers, designers and application engineers. We designed, tested and deployed a variety of data solutions including data marts, data cubes, databases, data models and reports. The custom programming team was responsible for customizing our enterprise applications.
- Prior to managing the BI team, I managed the enterprise SharePoint and web portals team. These teams were responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining consumer, patient and staff portals of the organization. The staff portal provided critical information to 5k+ employees, while the consumer and patient Portals had 50k+ users accessing consumer data and patient care information 24x7.
CIO & PRODUCT ARCHITECT
Confidential, Davis, CA
- As the Senior Project Manager, I managed a sizeable team (40+) of data architects, ETL developers, business/QA analysts, and affiliate analysts, to reengineer an enterprise data warehouse. The data warehouse was constructed with core data from IDX/Global Works and Epic-Clarity.
- The data warehouse team extracted data from various source systems (using batch and real-time processes), transformed, loaded and scrubbed the data. We analyzed the datasets for specific use cases and delivered solutions to the customers in report ready format.
- As the Senior Project Manager, I had responsibility for developing and executing the project plans, including assigning and tracking work, monitoring schedules, identifying and mitigating risks, developing and implementing communication plans and delivering status reports.
- As Senior Project Manager, I rescued the SIS project from a standstill of cost overrun, low morale and schedule derailment. Reestablished the project’s scope, budget and schedule baselines, conducted due diligence on the project requirements, reconfigured resources, reset stakeholder expectations, managed constraints, and educated clients and IT staff on rollout standards.
- Analyzed ROI of SIS software and the integration benefits with the enterprise platform. Completed cost benefit analysis, architecture, support structure and developed plans to phase out legacy software. Created partnerships with vendors, departments and IT operations management teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- I coordinated the logistical transfer of all telecommunications equipment, workstations, servers, enterprise applications, security and related infrastructure from the legacy location to the new Pavilion. Established frequent communications with all stakeholders by breaking down information inflow/outflow needs and orchestrated tasks in their proper order to keep the project moving smoothly and on schedule.