Highly accomplished product management leader in successfully spearheading growth for top - class cutting-edge technology companies. Extensive product management/development experiences and technical knowledge of security, network, software and cloud services. Proven success in identifying brand new ways of growth opportunities, delivering differentiated products to market, and communicating value through integrated marketing programs and campaigns. A collaborative leader who leverages the team’s talents to deliver result & top performer with awards.
Confidential, Herndon, Virginia
Senior Product Manager- Security
- Develop Security Strategy around Cloud Services and network services.
- Develop managed firewall, NGFW, UTM, advanced threat prevention based on Checkpoint, Fortinet, Cisco firewall solutions for perimeter firewalls.
- Develop Host-base firewall and cloud-base security in conjunction with private and public cloud services
- Develop Secure Web application firewall (Imperva, FortiWeb), web gateway (Bluecoat), Malware Protection (FireEye).
- Develop advanced SIEM services.
- Develop and provide security professional services such as vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and compliance assessment.
- Work as Security SME for solution design.
- Engage Sales organization (Sales & SEs) for go-to-market plan.
- Develop solutions to meet requirements of compliances of PCI-DSS, HIPPA, HITRUST etc.
- Evangelize new technologies of Hybrid Security (on-premise to cloud policy mgmt.), EDR, CASB etc.
- Develop and manage Security product roadmap.
Confidential, Herndon, Virginia
Senior Product Manager
- Launch Managed Security based on premise-base and cloud-base FortiNet UTM
- Launch next-generation Managed Services (Managed network for Internet, MPLS and broadband).
- Lead Managed Services team developing custom solutions of firewall, IPsec, IDS/IPS, and web content filtering on customer premise and XO cloud.
- Develop solutions of MPLS/internet with failover to secondary Internet/broadband/4G based on Prem-based security and Cloud-based security.
- Provide dashboard and performance visibility of Managed Security, Managed Network and CPEs.
- Manage all XO CPE strategies for DIA, MPLS, and Ethernet Point-to-point.
- Manage vendors of Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper and Adtran for Security and CPEs.
- Manage 3rd party MSPs for custom design of managed services.
- Develop cloud controller-based WiFi Solution with UTM features.
- Develop Fluke-packet capture APM and NetFlow-based Application performance management.
- Develop and manage product roadmap and product life.
- Create/Manage Marketing Requirements Documents and Product Requirements Documents.
- Develop management console design strategies and align with superior cloud service experience.
- Manage product roadmap and product lifecycle management.
- Drive Go-to-market plan with cross-groups.
- Perform market research and competitive analysis.
- Provide training, sales tools and materials for Sales, Sales Engineers and Support.
- Develop and provide sales and product presentations for new and existing enterprise customers and Webinars.
- Drive product, engineering and marketing organizations towards a level of excellence that exceed customers and market expectations.
- Work in Agile development process and participate in SCRUM as Product Owner.
- Review & refine the process of products and Improve on-going product management with cross-functional teams including Program/Project Management, Finance, Legal, Network Engineering, Procurement.
- Received Circle of Excellence Awards at Confidential .
- Achieved strong 20 - 50% growth in Managed Security, Managed Services and APM.
- Built up Managed Services team to design custom & complex security & network design.
- Developed 3rd party custom solutions integrating with XO infrastructures.
- Developed NetFlow & probe-based APM services.
Confidential, Herndon, Virginia
Product Principal - Director
- Managed P/L of cloud, Software as a service and Security (SSL, antivirus)
- Responsible for product life cycle management and SDLC.
- Identified and Improved internal processes, efficiency, and customer satisfaction by implementing the collection of key metrics to identify patterns, trends, and over-arching issues
- Develop new business models creating brand new growth engines.
- Create and update product roadmap to obtain competitive advantages and leadership over market players.
- Develop and improve products based on iterative Agile Development process.
- Work with 3rd party solution vendors and ISV partners to develop and implement products to meet customers’ demand.
- Lead the team of product operation manager and marketing operation manager to reach the goal.
- Create business case for new products and enhancements in conjunction with cost analysis and sales projection.
- Lead promotions and business developments with cross-groups (MarCom, Marketing, Sales, and Business development team).
- Drive and manage product innovation through product lifecycle management to increase customer satisfaction and reduce customer churn.
- Lead Engineering team, Operation team and Project team to improve continuous product operation metrics (product utilization and performance).
- Manage SEO and paid search of core products.
- Reporting to VP of Product Management.
- Achieved double-digit growth in Cloud (hosting) and Security/SSL services in 2011.
- Launched and upgraded cloud hosting service, Domain-validated SSL certs in SSL Certs Portfolio and SaaS-base Exchange service.
- Implemented Arbor networks solution to offer DDOS protection for hosting service.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Director of Product Management
- Created, drove, and executed overall go-to-market strategies, business plans and content publishing plan on Hostway brands (Hostway.com, Gate.com and Valueweb.com).
- Gathered new product or enhancement requirements (MRD) ranging from internal cross-groups (marketing team, tech support team, and sales team (account management team) to major customers on regular basis.
- Created and updated annual product roadmap to obtain competitive advantages and differentiation over market players.
- Created business case for new products and enhancements in conjunction with cost analysis and sales projection.
- Set, managed and updated product pricing strategies and product cost/margins in conjunction with competitive market analysis on quarterly basis.
- Responsible for e-commerce (shopping cart experience, Order Form redesign and payment processing) of Hostway retail product lines to increase inbound traffic conversion.
- Established, and managed key business metrics for continued revenue growth by analyzing sales, cancellation, and support tickets.
- Executed market researches and studies on existing and new products on regular basis in order to capture market trend, addressable market size and competitive landscape.
- Researched, and analyzed end user usability with customer profiling including demography/firmography and behavior analysis.
- Executed end users’ surveys and focus-group interviews to productize new products or concepts.
- Provided and delivered product contents and presentations to customers and major channel partners in collaboration with sales team.
- Developed and updated sales & marketing collaterals, demos, and internal training materials.
- Provided business development proposals, RFI/RFP responses, and service developments with channel sales team (Comcast, CableVision, Qwest and CostCo) and business development team for new alliance partnerships and reseller programs.
- Managed P/Ls of Exchange and SharePoint Service Product lines.
- Managed a team of product managers and solution architect.
- Managed and updated product lifecycle and product technical roadmap with product bug fixes, product hot-patches and release plans.
- Built up new product management team to identify and manage brand new product line-ups to address the demand of medium-size and enterprise markets.
- Launched DDoS protection product based on anycast architecture using Hostway CDN architecture.
- Achieved development of next-generation Hostway OSS/BSS (provisioning, billing and order process) infrastructure to accommodate cloud architecture and SaaS environment.
Hosting Solution Lead, Communication Sector
- Developed business models based on Confidential hosting (SaaS) solutions for service providers with a business case, cost analysis, competitive analysis and sales projection.
- Led go-to-market strategies and marketing for hosting (SaaS) solutions.
- Implemented Windows, Exchange, SharePoint, Office Communications Server-based hosting solutions with solution partners.
- Recruited ISVs, solutions partners to customize Confidential hosting solutions fit into service providers.
- Developed strategic partnerships with key major software solution vendors and hardware vendors.
- Implemented SIP-enabled Confidential OCS and H.323-based IP PBX integrated with MS Exchange Server
- Implemented commercial unified communication solutions combining Exchange server, OCS server with IP PBXs for the first time in Confidential for UniConverse and Korea Telecom (Implemented SIP-enabled Confidential OCS and H.323-based IP PBX integrated with MS Exchange Server).
- Launched hosted Exchange services and Windows-based hosting solutions in major service providers.
- Implemented cloud desktop service in SK Telecom and mobile outlook service in Korea Telecom.
- Led developer boot camps and jumpstart programs for 3rd party ISVs.
- Received “ Confidential Hosting Solutions Outstanding Contributor of the year” in 2006.
- Received “ Confidential CSI champion award” in 2004 by increasing Windows Server Market Share.
Product Marketing Manager
- Managed communication and coordination between OEM accounts & R&D Project Team / factory engineering and QA.
- Coordinated hardware design, architecture, manufacturing process, products and OEM projects, quality, cost, planning, and delivery.
- Managed business forecast based on SAP system.
- Launched embedded DVR (Digital Video Recorder) in North America.
- Ran and organized annual OEM spec meetings with key major OEM vendors.
- Worked as project manager managing from OEM specification to quality assurance.
- Engaged with SAP ERP implementation for business forecast.
- Launched web-based surveillance cameras and transmitters in South America.
Programmer and System Administrator
- Managed data center and network operation center
- Developed army accounting applications with COBOL, and C programming languages
- Managed and updated army MIS