PMP Certified Project Manager / CSM Certified Scrum Master with over 20 years of experience successfully helping small to large global size companies build, transform, and grow their network infrastructure and application environments. I regularly participate in major strategic corporate decisions including; infrastructure, acquisitions, and disaster recovery. Carry out my projects using PMBOK, Waterfall, SDLC, Agile / Scum & ITIL Methodologies. Proficient in all areas of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Control & Monitoring, & Closing. Regularly manage budgets of $10,000,000 plus. Contributed to the rapid growth of Countrywide’s desktop environment nation - wide from 5,000 to 45,000 work stations. Ability to multi task major projects simultaneously.
Sr. Project Manager
Confidential, San Antonio, TXResponsibilities:
Sr. Project Manager / Consultant, for a challenging project responsible for building a repeatable process to bring new environments into the corporation. This global company faced several challenges bringing new environments into their network without having numerous failures along the way. Utilizing my PMBOK, Business Process Management (BPM), and Scrum skills, I transformed the process by holding WebEx meetings and interviewing all parties involved and noting Data Base risks previously unrecognized and designing a repeatable project plan that allowed them to utilize the same plan with minimal changes but in corporate all the vital pieces they were falling short of previously. The procedure listed all the targets they looked to achieve and created a bullet list of milestones to insure success. This included load balancing for their Production environment. This plan shortened their time to market by 25% and yielded a much higher level of confidence and success because all their concerns were being addressed. Working with two different vendors from China, and India, I incorporated benefits from the different time zones to create an around the sun clock process, allowing developers of eastern, and central US time zones to work with implementers of India and China to produce changes in the company’s products. This brought needed changes to their environment in a faster, more efficient way.
Confidential, Houston, TXResponsibilities:
I was the Sr. Project Manager for a data center move. Physical to Virtual, Virtual to Virtual, & Lift & Shift from the current DC to CyrusOne DC in Houston, TX. There were over 200 actual migrations throughout the process. This involved vendor management, and attention to detail working with the contract to insure both T- Confidential and Shell met their contractual obligations, and were compliant throughout the project. In charge of writing Change Orders when requests were made, and negotiating costs with T- Confidential and Shell to satisfy both parties. I controlled the project from both a scheduling and financial aspect. I worked with a team to create a factory methodology to perform the migrations. I oversaw the factory builds and migration process where I created both the basic project workflow as well as swim lanes, to clearly show the best path. We utilized Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) to allow us an easier transition. Held daily Scrum meetings via WebEx to insure operations were flowing correctly and make quick adjustments as necessary. Using a follow the sun plan I lead a team of twelve Wintel engineers and two Linux engineers, located around the globe. I also work directly with three SWAT engineers to correct any difficult cut overs. I communicated directly with Shell as well as T- Confidential Executive Management and the technical liaisons of both companies.
Infrastructure Project Manager
Confidential, Houston, TXResponsibilities:
- Upgrading 211 routers throughout 90 countries in the enterprise. This was in preparation for a migration to an AT&T Managed Router Services solution. I worked through the entire project life cycle with a counterpart in Saudi Arabia and a supply vendor for the eastern hemisphere upgrading of the IOS, RAM, or replacement of Cisco routers. It also involved the creation of a ticketing application so that BHI could log tickets to AT&T. I worked with application developers from BHI and AT&T for the collaboration of this solution using the SDLC methodology.
- Requested by senior management for the Implementation of CA Spectrum & CA NetQos. I led the project from POC through Implementation. It involved vendor management, working with the contract to insure compliance throughout the project. Planning with Network Architects, IT Security, Network Engineers and the vendor to develop and deploy a strategy for monitoring, and proper network load balancing of the global network traffic, including the Cloud. I procured and placed numerous Physical and VM servers in 5 strategically positioned locations world-wide in Houston, Aberdeen, Kuala Lumpur, Rio De Janeiro, and Saudi Arabia, to feed information to a web based solution allowing real-time network monitoring, load balancing, and an asset management system from purchase to decommission.
- Implemented a Global Access Request system that allowed users to make request for access to folders through the creation of a web based application which saved over 16,000 tickets to the Help Desk, successfully saving the company $800,000 annually.
- PM on a telecommunications project for off-shore oil platforms located around the world. This project involved using a complex IP Telephony Cisco solution and satellite routing to allow the people to have In-Country phone numbers, while routing the calls through a Houston based Call Manager. I worked with an international team in achieving this project. This helped build relations with the In-Country clientele while saving an est. 200k annually in long distance phone charges.
- Other projects included; adding a wireless solution to a training facility in Calgary, adding Cisco firewalls to 6 production facilities globally to work with a Siemens solution, held discussions for the initiation phase of a corporate wide Windows 7 / Windows 8 Implementation, from Windows XP, re-wiring a 75 person facility, adding a circuit and upgrading them to an IP phone solution.
Business Consultant / Project Manager
Confidential, Charlotte, NCResponsibilities:
- Developed a plan to make the validation as simple as possible for the Support Managers as well as monitoring though the use of Macros.
- Developed and utilized a SharePoint DB to investigate CI’s
- Communicating with over 250 Support Managers
- Validating Platform / Categories, Base Impacts, Change Approval Rules and CI Approval Rules.
- Review of Incident Management policies
- Monitoring Progress.
- Reporting weekly progress.