Accomplished leader of traditional waterfall and agile scrum project methodologies managing complex infrastructure, platform and software projects throughout the entire project lifecycle. Expert at building strong relationships with diverse cross - functional teams based on trust, transparency, respect, collaboration and conflict resolution. An advocate of agile scrum principles and methodology with excellent early identification and communication of potential opportunities or risks assuring maximum business value.
Contract Project Manager
- Traditional project manager for several large-scale, high profile infrastructure solutions requiring strict change control and strategic risk mitigation.
- Responsible for assembling the project team, defining scope and dependencies, building a work plan, estimating the material and labor budget, submitting change requests for review by a governance board and ensuring project completion on schedule, within scope and budget.
Technical Project Manager / Agile ScrumMaster
- Managed all aspects of a traditional project from detailed requirements gathering through close, balancing scope, schedule and cost with close attention to quality, risk and change management.
- Successfully delivered several projects challenged with insufficient capacity by scaling existing hardware and developing/deploying a Confidential database redistribution software solution resulting in increased space, processing power and customer satisfaction, extending the Confidential customer support lifecycle program. (i. Confidential . Disney, Woolworth)
- Lead project manager for multiple IT Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service projects comprised of both on-shore and off-shore cross-functional resources, delivering Hadoop and Confidential Vertica solutions. Projects included transitioning IT from traditional infrastructure to converged appliance-based solutions, infrastructure replacement programs, and disaster recovery and data center relocation efforts.
- Extensive data center experience throughout career, including hardware, software, network and storage working closely with solution and data center architects to provide maximum customer benefit while adhering to the organizations best practices.
- Team escalation manager providing 24/7 first line of contact on all world-wide big data production incidents. Team change manager for all things data center related including any scheduled or unscheduled maintenance.
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects and resources in parallel, adhere to organizational change management policies/processes, and document all lessons learned for training or future projects.
- As a Subject matter expert, provided technical input to Confidential legal with development of the project statement of work documentation, detailing the scope, validation and technical acceptance criteria required to gain external stakeholder approval.
- Presented daily status to all stakeholders, highlighting milestones, issues and risks, and estimated vs. actual completion dates for each phase of work. Maintained a close functioning relationship between Confidential sales, configuration and customer IT management to provide end-to-end solutions that fulfilled all customer requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for all Scrum practices and rules including sprint planning, daily standup meetings, tracking using Confidential agile management software tool, escalating and removing impediments and facilitating product demos and retrospectives.
- Facilitated and mentored Scrum teams responsible for platform software development and deployment, and cluster manageability including software upgrade automation and 24X7 monitoring for IT next generation solutions.
- Facilitated a Scrum software team to develop and deploy a repeatable security solution and training program improving organizational concern over existing production database and OS policies.
- Provided expert technical guidance to the Scrum Product Owner on all aspects of story development, story sizing and grooming of the product backlog.
- Reported twice a week at “Scrum of Scrums” meeting with all stakeholders on progress and any cross-team impediments that needed further inspection or resolution.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Managed the daily customer request queue by adhering to the organizational service level agreement, including scheduling required 24 X 7 personnel coverage and weekly/monthly reporting to management.
- Project manager for current and future data center requirements and design including space, HVAC, power, network, expansion and any relocation efforts.
- Capital coordinator/asset manager for all new and existing equipment; managed inventory levels and new capital purchases at, or under budget at all times.
- Principal architect/project manager for rollout of a new service request tool to replace an underpowered legacy system, providing management with much improved reporting capabilities.
- Core member of committee tasked with separating the business organization into two independent entities including personnel, capital equipment and data center space.