Seasoned, accomplished IT leader with proven success directing technology groups to produce transformative solutions in service to enterprise wide systems. Lead highest caliber of IT professionals in IT strategy and planning, business process improvement, enterprise solution architecture, resource planning, IT policy and governance implementations. Experience forging outstanding relationships with clients, stakeholders, partners, and vendors, and building consensus across all organizational levels. Certified Scrum Master (CSM), with deep expertise in Agile framework and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
Language Skills: Fluent in English, French,Speak Spanish, Farsi
Professional Development: Documentum EPS Administration & Project Management, Siebel Core Consulting Course, BroadVision, Commerce One, MRI, Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Extensis Portfolio Administration, K4 Administration, Aspen SIS, Riverbed, Ariba PASS Buyer, Peoplefluent, Riverbed
Technical Proficiency: Windows, Mac OS, Microsoft Project, Visio, Microsoft Office Suite, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, Woodwing Smart Connection, Oxygen XML Editor, xDoc, SharePoint Site Administration, PMPoint, eRoom, Vjoon (K4), Quickbase, JIRA, EMC Documentum, Editorial Publishing Solution (EPS), Document Sciences, Siebel, Extensis Portfolio, Actuate, BroadVision, Commerce One, Microsoft Business Solutions, Oodle Search Engine, Movable Type, Management Reports International, Aspen SIS, Tableau, Riverbed AppInternals, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamic, Tableau, Certify
Technologies: Microsoft Server, Unix, Linux, Apache, Oracle db, MS SQL Server, MS SSIS/SSRS
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Oversee enterprise information systems within Office of the Chief Operating Officer of $1.2B public school district supporting 112 schools, 47K+ students, and 3K+ faculty / staff.
- Forged short term and long - range technology strategy aligned with client groups objectives. Established IT best practices enforcing FERPA/HIPPA compliance, Service Level Agreements, defining escalation paths, and formalizing release schedules. Serve as solution architect and technology owner; support IT Directors and Managers in the planning and implementation of an array of solutions. Oversee resources allocation, schedules, and budgets from initiation through delivery and operational support.
- Manage a five year $20 million budget with 5 direct reports, 25 staff and contractor resources, four strategic vendor teams, and provide enterprise-wide portfolio governance.
- Providing executive leadership pertaining to collaborative solution definition with student information systems’ stakeholders leading to the formulation of technology roadmaps, vendor selection, and delivery oversight. As a result of such partnerships, the following technology solutions were implemented to support administrative and academic offices in the delivery of critical initiatives such as: Online Enrollment (Admissions) portal; Student self-service portal including course selection, gradebook, attendance, etc.; Response to Intervention; faculty staff professional development portal, and others.
- Managing IT operations of enterprise Student Information Systems by collaborating with Business Units, Help Desk and Training teams to identify enhancement needs. Manage issue resolution; prioritize change requests; and direct vendor team in support to the system’s business continuity.
- Managing relationship and coordinating activities with sister agencies such as the City’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) to maintain/enhance technical infrastructure (network, hardware, Virtual Machines, Operating System, Security Scans, etc.), monitor Service Level Agreements, coordinate IT Staff Augmentation (ITSA / Pipeline) program to ensure appropriate staffing levels on all initiatives.
- Held responsibility for multimillion dollar Student Information System (SIS) selection, acquisition, and implementation effort; currently supervising staff and vendor implementation teams.
- Leading Data Systems’ PMO Policy and Knowledge Management strategy elaboration to support both codification and personalization of knowledge to the various communities of practice producing and consuming the content.
- Rolled out comprehensive Agile Scrum application development framework and established project management best practices based on PMBOK principle to manage software development life cycle (SDLC); maintaining product backlog, providing training, coaching, and mentoring to application team; built and launched a custom project management tool using Quick Base, enabling analysis and management of budgets, schedules, tasks, issues, and statuses.
- Developing and maintain Data Systems’ technologies supporting the continuous effort to improve the capture, management and exchange of student related data for Central Office’s data driven decision reports, and data exchange between DCPS and third party systems.
- Leading the planning and vendor selection for a comprehensive enterprise level data reporting and analytics solution encompassing a data warehouse, frontend self-service reporting and data visualization.
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
- Washington Post / Newsweek Interactive: Engaged to manage the development of a web platform integrating blogs, private label classified section, Google Map mash-up with proprietary data, and web-based polling application.
- Comter: Served as Acting Practice Director, with overall responsibility for quality delivery of client engagements, and maintaining top relations with major accounts, including Department of Labor, Department of State, and the Smithsonian.
- Cranium Softworks: Served as Acting Vice-President Business Development. Lead business development and marketing activities for content management and entitlement management products. Collaborated with CEO in defining pricing and promotion strategy. Produced responses to RFP and RFQ and coordinated pre-sales activities.
Confidentialm Washington, DC
Sr. Project Manager & Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Confidential (ACS), Chemical & Engineering News Magazine (C&EN): Managed key engagements with primary client, ACS—the world’s largest scientific association; served as Senior Project Manager and System Owner for planning, development, deployment, and maintenance of media-neutral content production and delivery platform serving print, web, and mobile channels.
- Shepherded the architecture and adoption of a best-of-breed content production solution featuring integrated custom / COTS application with the following capabilities: content management, document management, digital asset management
- Led end-to-end project planning and orchestration of the full software development life cycle (SDLC), leveraging Agile Scrum framework to drive application road mapping and iterative development and release effort; consulted with stakeholders, sponsors, and business process owners.
- Supervised staff, contractor and vendor resource, managed capacity planning and the development of a custom SharePoint knowledge management sites in support to various communities of interest impacted by this project.
- Steered risk assessment and mitigation initiatives, requirements analysis, business rule definition, technical / functional specification development, sprint planning / review meetings, project issue tracking, project status reporting, and release scheduling; directed cross-functional project and development team, as well as coordinated with technical service staff, such as DBAs, Network Administrators, and System Administrators (Microsoft and Linux).
- Researched and evaluated content / data management models, and contributed to the selection of the National Library of Medicine DTD to provide a comprehensive print, web, and mobile content solution.
- Assumed responsibility for post-release application management and support, including issue resolution and bug fix; application enhancement and new functionality development; software version control; and patch release / version upgrade deployments.
- Formalized production system administration, pre-deployment testing, and support processes.
- ACS, Editorial Office Operation (EOO):
- Planned, managed, and delivered a .Net based custom CRM solution enabling EOO team to manage relations with 300 Editors-in-Chief and Associate Editors of 36 peer-reviewed journals published around the world.
- Lead requirements analysis / definition efforts, produced requirements traceability matrices, and conducted Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
- Managed the development of a Java based custom data extraction, validation, and mapping application to migrate peer-review and manuscript production workflow metadata to archive repository; managed deployment of Actuate reporting platform for canned and ad hoc reporting.
- ACS, Meetings Department:
- Lead requirements elicitation, RFP development, and vendor selection in support to ACS’ meetings registration, membership management. Coordinated technical
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
- Built business within federal, state, and local government sectors, while managing and retaining strategic accounts.
- Held responsibility for winning and managing Federal, State and Local client accounts and engagements; consulted at the executive level to present solutions and value propositions. Initiated the creation of a knowledge repository supporting proposal development effort by capturing, coding, categorizing, and indexing, historical proposals for content re-use by proposal teams across the organization.
- Directed the software development life cycle (SDLC) and defined product roadmap for an innovative eCommerce portal using the BroadVision Platform—eBiz Express for the B2B and B2C sectors.
- Created rapid deployment methodology enabling client implementation / activation in under 4 weeks.
- Played integral role in prospecting, consulting, needs analysis, solution planning, RFP response, and statement of work (SOW) development.
- Attended diverse industry events and trade shows as product representative.
- Enporion: Orchestrated $3M online procurement application development and hosting engagement, including migration of Commerce One Buy Site, Market Site, and Dynamic Commerce modules.
- Ingersoll Rand: Prototyped a Siebel-based sales automation solution and managed post-development unit, system, and user acceptance testing (UAT) phases.
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
Director of Business DevelopmentResponsibilities:
- Won new business for eCommerce application service / internet service provider (ASP/ISP).
- Spearheaded eCommerce web solution design, pricing, web development, and deployment for 50+ custom sites.
- Forged strategic partnerships among ISPs, data centers, and software distributors.