Diane has over 20 years of experience as a Project and Program Manager. She has a proven track record of successfully leading, managing and delivering on multi - million dollar projects in application development, systems integration, information security, and network, infrastructure and construction. She has extensive background with Fortune 500 and other industry leading companies (industries including: Finance/Banking, eCommerce, Insurance, Automotive and Software). Diane has excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
SOFTWARE: HP PPM, Confluence, Kanban, MS Project Server, MS Office, MS Project, Clarity, MS SharePoint, Primavera TeamPlay, Siebel TeamSales, ITG (Information Technology Governance)
LANGUAGES: Visual Basic, C, Visual 4Test, SQA Basic, SQL
HARDWARE: IBM PCs and compatibles, Mac, Mainframes, Sun Sparc
PLATFORMS: Windows, UNIX (Solaris / AIX), Linux, OS/2, Novell Netware, HP3000, MS DOS
Confidential, Long Beach, CAProject Manager
- Created and implemented (in-person) classroom programs, (virtual) live webinars, and one-on-one coaching on career success strategies for Project Managers and other technology professionals.
- A speaker (as a host, guest, and panelist) for talks in the technology industry, business and women in tech.
- Managed the integration development for the upgrade to a new life insurance software product that holds 90% of the division’s revenue.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management including managing the project team in a matrix organization, the project scope, budget and schedule.
- Worked with project sponsors and stakeholders throughout to ensure meeting project expectations.
- Managed a systems integration, pricing analytics project that included the development of new algorithms for price setting, new logic and code for product promotions, business and vendor pricing requirements for both companies, and environment configurations and customization of the Confidential pricing platform utilizing AWS ( Confidential Web Services) and Confidential ’s Cloud. Tens of millions of online retail products remained buyable on the Zappos front end website while seamlessly migrating onto Confidential ’s back end pricing engine.
- Project Manager for the migration of all Zappos retail product images and video files onto Confidential ’s platform.
- A Project Manager for Zappos’ relocation to its new corporate headquarters in Downtown Las Vegas. Responsible for the new construction, relocation and installation of all technology infrastructure at the new corporate campus. Managed the build-out of a new data center, voice system, network infrastructure, and moving and installing all technology (including desktops, servers and video conferencing equipment).
Confidential,San Francisco, CA
Management and Leadership AuthorResponsibilities:
- Authored “Project Management Secrets: Fortune 500 Project Manager Reveals How to Excel in the Corporate Trenches”. Book Published: July 2013
- Managed financial application development projects, system upgrades & enhancements for the following departments: Product Profitably, Pricing Analytics, Treasury, Cash Mgmt and Business Technology Solutions.
- Managed project schedules, budgets, scope, and (internal & external) project teams in a matrix organization.
- Responsible for multi-million dollar RFPs, facilitating vendor selection processes and vendor relationships.
- Created vendor SOWs, gained contract approvals (from Legal departments) for outsourced, fixed-fee development and QA work, and oversaw contract deliverables provided by the 3rd party, offshore vendors.
- Created and delivered presentations & reports to executives, steering committees, and senior management.
Confidential,Long Beach & Northridge,CA
Senior Project ManagerResponsibilities:
- California Cartage, Toys R Us: Managed the development and implementation of a logistics system. The system automated the physical mechanics of warehouse hardware devices (e.g. conveyer belts), scanning equipment and online product tracking used to schedule and route thousands of daily (domestic & international) inbound and outbound shipments from point of origin (warehouses) to Toys R Us customers.
- Pharmavite: Managed the development and deployment of a new web hosting infrastructure, site migration and content changes for soyjoy.com & naturemade.com (for domestic & international online product sales).
- Managed Project Managers, team leads and offshore development vendors for a $17M Identity and Access Management program using Oracle Identity Management (OIM).
- Responsible for managing the program’s schedule, budget, scope, deliverables, change controls, issues and risks, and overseeing the Project Manager’s project statuses within the overall program.
- Delivered program reports and presentations to Executive Steering Committees and senior management.
- Managed a portfolio of technology projects implementing data security controls across Risk Management, Information Security, Enterprise Infrastructure, Network and Application Development for SAS70 auditing.
- Projects included SOD (Segregation of Duties), developing a Data Security Service Desk, enhancements to Remedy, “Break the Envelope” monitoring/logging, and developing company-wide Info Security policies.
- Managed development teams within the US and India; implemented projects in Geneva, London and the US.
- Project Managed over (12) Application Development, Enterprise Infrastructure and Information Security projects meeting regulatory insurance and compliance requirements, and business initiatives.
- Completed projects successfully by effectively managing schedules, budgets, and scope.
- Managed teams of internal IT resources (within a matrix organization) and external vendors, implementing exceptional leadership skills, facilitating positive team dynamics.
- Developed a Project Management Methodology (PMM) and customized a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) meeting Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) standards and controls.
- Managed the outsourced customization of HP PPM, which supported the new methodology.
- Created process flow diagrams and project documentation templates for Project Managers and IT resources.
Program Management ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Created and rolled-out a customized Project Management Methodology (PMM) for IT and PMO resources (utilizing MS Project Server). Trained and mentored resources on the new methodology.
- Created PMO processes, narratives, process flows and project management documentation templates.
- Documented formal roles and responsibilities for the PMO and IT project team members.
- Formalized and documented a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for all system changes to production.
Confidential,New York, NY
- Managed the build-out of a new ($4M) Disaster Recovery site (building the physical facility and network infrastructure). Upon the build-out of the new DR site, relocated hundreds of backup application and infrastructure servers and telecom and networking devices from NJ to PA.
- Co-managed a $7M build-out of the company’s new North America Data Center. Upon the completion of the new Data Center, relocated all production servers from the (NYC) Data Center to new (NJ) Data Center.
- Managed the project schedule, budget, issues, risks and contingency planning across several departments.
- Managed the project team (consisting of network, telecom, facilities, movers, developers, external vendors).
- Ran the Command Center during weekend server moves for successful shutdown, delivery, installation and testing of equipment moves to the new locations, ensuring seamless operations for next day start of business.
- Oversaw the scheduling and status of hundreds of hardware devices & telecom line purchases required.
Confidential,Jersey City, NJ
- Responsible for ensuring Patriot Act compliance of Confidential ’s (customer facing) web-based brokerage system. Upon project completion, the brokerage system met U.S. government compliance requirements.
- Managed the project and technical team (from project inception to deployment) and served as the liaison between Technology, the Business, the company’s Legal Counsel, Compliance department and executives.
- Managed projects in application development, compliance (Patriot Act, US & Canadian regulatory), and converting private label (e.g. Home Depot) credit card processing onto GE’s Oracle Financials’ system.
- Created and maintained project schedules and budgets, managed project deliverables, issues and risks.
- Gathered business requirements, converting them to functional and technical requirements.
- Managed IT project resources within a matrix organization (in the US and India).
- Served as a liaison between the business and technology, implementing Six Sigma methodologies.
- Managed and enhanced the change control process for a $60M new development project for a global, web-based, Call Center system. The project included 350 dedicated resources throughout the US and India.
- Managed dozens of change control requests per week, from the business and IT, where each was categorized, analyzed by team resources, and assessed for approval within the change control work flow.
- Presented change control requests and impact analysis daily to an Executive Committee for decisioning.
Confidential,New York, NY
- Program Manager for the build-out of a new Data Center for the company’s world headquarters (a new, skyscraper building under construction in NYC), and for the creation of a new Disaster Recovery site in NJ.
- Managed (9) Project Managers within the following silos: Network, SAN, Infrastructure, Facilities, UNIX, Voice/Telecom, Wintel Server, Wintel Desktop and Market Data.
- Oversaw, enhanced and consolidated Project Managers’ project plans into one program project plan.
- Managed and tracked project interdependencies, timelines and deliverables within the program.
- Created and implemented change control processes, issue tracking and automated reports.
- Managed risks and provided mitigation and contingency plans at the program level.
- Managed technical middleware projects for global, banking (client-server, web based) systems.
- Managed technical team resources (in the US, UK and Asia) within a matrix organization.
- Responsible for managing project budgets, timelines, and deliverables from initiation to post-implementation.
- Developed and maintained project plans and managed risks, issues and change controls.
- Facilitated requirements gathering and technical design sessions w/IT, business customers and stakeholders.
- Documented project requirements, SLA’s, and project status reports to the team, PMO and management.
- Coordinated hardware, software and licensing purchases with third party vendors.