Results - oriented project controls manager with a solid track record of success with large, high-profile projects for leading companies in the energy sector. Proven ability to oversee all aspects of projects, including cost controls, estimating and budgeting, strategic planning, and risk management. Hands-on experience in project management control functions for large EPCM capital (CAPEX) and turnaround (TAR) projects and programs. Talent for overseeing diverse, cross-functional teams and managing contractors. Strategic leader with a history of designing innovative automated approaches and developing solutions for business challenges. Strong communication skills and fluent in English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Senior Project Controls Consulting ManagerResponsibilities:
- In charge of interacting with clients, managing and coaching Project Controls client teams, analyzing Project Management and Controls client issues, building, developing and implementing client solutions, and creating complex top management reports.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Project Controls Cost LeadResponsibilities:
- Oversaw cost management activities for $100MM TAR project with multiple projects at LyondellBassell oil & gas local refinery.
- Performed ad hoc $1.2B 9-year program estimate studies, including overall forecasts for cost and schedule; presented report to Board of Directors.
- Developed diverse Project Controls Report (PCR) Systems, fully automated by VB macros, to improve control efficiency and decreasing reporting time from 6 hours to 10 minutes.
- Designed, established and maintained new consistent methods of Project Controls, ensuring that information provided and project status reports were produced efficiently and accurately.
Sr. Project Control Mgt. ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Oversaw project controls management for national and international clients in Canada and Brazil.
- Created and generated managerial reports and presentations to top management. Directed program integration, schedule management, schedule analysis, risk optimization, audits, and schedule and claims forensic analyses. Oversaw cost controls, maintained budgets, forecasts, change management, and cash management.
- Brazil - Puma Project, EPCM Capital Project, constructed two boilers for CBC Chemical Plant.
- Canada - Oshawa Project, EPC Capital Project - Largest Canadian shopping center, Can$132 MM.
- Brazil - EPCM Capital Project - Petrobras Netherlands FPSO P-55 Lower Hull Project, US$385 MM.
Sr. Project Controller at ExterranResponsibilities:
- Managed cost team activities for $75MM capital project requiring international team integration. Directed cost management, progress control, risk management, change management, forecasting, trending, reporting, EAC analysis, variance analysis, cash flow control, and development and implementation of a complex cost control system. Wrote and delivered monthly project review reports, led presentation for all project teams related of cost and schedule items.
Confidential, Pearland, TX
- Provided freelance master scheduling services. Developed fully-loaded master schedule, including custom layouts, levels, and baselines for critical Oak Grove Project.
- Key Project: US - Williams Oak Grove, shale natural gas processing plant de-ethanizer.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Lead Project Controls ManagerResponsibilities:
- Led program and project control management for national and international programs and projects in all phases, in a global PMO setting. Developed a sophisticated integrated cost estimating tool. Supervised and mentored PC members. Prepared check estimates, monthly reports, proposal/bid analyses, schedules, elaborated policies, best practices, guidelines, procedures, reports, forms, standards, and dashboards.
- Managed Program Controls full scheduling functions for three $125+MM PCM oilfield programs with multiple projects. Coordinated, led and mentored the work done by Project Controls staff and contractors; led to properly standardized, audited, and updated reports. Managed company cultural change processes toward full PMI-style Project Controls functions.