- Analytical, highly adaptable Health Information Management professional with extensive experience developing, deploying, and analyzing systems to meet goals.Ready to leverage hands - on administrative experience with high-level HIM knowledge to provide consulting and management in a healthcare organization.
- Skilled at safeguarding patient data to meet HIPAA regulations and Joint Commission regulations; track record as a detailed auditor and reviewer.
- Expertise in compliance (state, federal) for reimbursement as well as in applying National Correct Coding Initiatives (NCCI), NCD, and LCD edits.
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office, EPIC, Citrix, GECentricity, Allscripts, MedAssets, eCW, McKesson, Cerner, Dolbey, Mysis, EncoderPro, 3M encoder and other Electronic Health Record (EHR), billing programs and software.
Director of Operations, Claims EditingResponsibilities:
- Streamlined process improvements and revenue by implementing a new forecasting KPI dashboard utilized for data analysis and productivity reporting.
- Contributed to 50% reduction in outstanding appeals inventory within 60 days of hire by managing a comprehensive departmental restructuring process.
- Delivered more than $1.5M in departmental revenue; a track record of the best month-to-date for the department.
Director, Healthcare CodingResponsibilities:
- Oversaw process improvements to meet targeted departmental goals and team/individual productivity/QA standards.
- Selected to serve as the project manager and committee member overseeing execution of offshore ICD-10 training modules.
Manager, Coding Documentation and ComplianceResponsibilities:
- Contributed to a restitution of $20,000 to $800 within first quarter by successfully challenging a third-party audit request of the Bureau of Program Integrity.
- Supported providers through executing an educational program to increase providers’ understanding of coding regulations, proper documentation, and compliance requirements.
HIM Adjunct InstructorResponsibilities:
- Provided vocational and continuing education college course instruction in the Health Information Management department; developed and delivered lesson plans, course materials, assignments, and tests to promote learning.