- Acted as principal architect specializing in data warehousing and data integration.
- Planned, constructed, and lead developments of data warehouse, integration and custom OLTP solutions for multi - terabyte and high transaction volume implementations.
- Performed both high and detail-level business requirements definition and developed logical, physical and dimensional data models based on business requirements and performance needs. Designed both tool-based and custom ETL solutions and integration modules.
- Engineered enterprise reporting strategy and architecture. Performed vendor analyses, including cost/benefit. Conducted an infrastructure planning for Data Warehousing and reporting solutions, including determining licensing and support costs for all the solutions’ components (hardware, software and people costs).
- In recent years was involved in establishing architecture, interfacing with and evaluating NoSQL solutions and platforms.
- Adopted activities as Database Programmer, Oracle DBA, ETL designer, Report Developer and Data Analyst.
- As a project manager, administered enterprise-wide solutions with up to 21 professionals in project staff. Developed and maintained project budgets and project plans, staff phasing and customer expectations management documentation.
- As practice manager, managed day-to-day activities of a Data Warehousing practice, including P&L, personnel and methodology aspects. Supervised organizations up to 52 reports, including 6 managers.
- As a career manager (mentor), provided career management and counseling for up to 9 individuals at a time.
Management: Division, Practice, Project, Program, Small Enterprise
Analysis: Functional Analysis and Design, Database Architecture and Design, Technical Architecture
Methodologies: Kimball, Inmon, Imhoff, Zachman, TOGAF, TPM, Six Sigma
Databases: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Informix, Teradata, Netezza, Vertica
NonStructured: MongoDB, SQL-on-Hadoop (Hbase, Hive), MarkLogic
Data Warehousing Tools: MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Oracle Express, MS Analysis Services, Informatica, DataStage, DecisionBase, Actaworks, DSS
CASE Tools: Power Designer, S-Designor, ER-Win, ER-Studio, COOL-BIZ
Programming Languages: C, C++, Pascal, FORTRAN, BASIC
Version Control: VSS, PVCS
Standards: PPDM, HIPAA, ASC X12, HL7, ACORD, IAA, ARTS, GJXML
Senior Program manager
Confidential, Sacramento, CAResponsibilities:
- Provided data architecture and management support of CoveredCA data management group
- Organized program management structure, reporting and suggested system of measures to decrease work in process.
- Designed outline of SQL Server data repository.
- Defined processes and standards for incremental ETL control.
- Adopted roles of Data analyst and Develop as needed
Chief Data Architect
- Performed proposal preparation and assisted marketing with all aspects of bidding for State of California’s agencies.
- Performed a detailed analysis and review of MarkLogic for the purpose of integration bid.
- Assisted CDCR with few technical issues related to integration and reporting from ARMS system.
- Lead skills development of junior developers in terms of data and NoSQL systems.
- Provided technical leadership in production data warehouse based on largest US mature gas basin (over 9000 wells).
- Participated in planning and scoping, business requirements, data modeling, physical architecture, PPDM mapping, performance tuning for fully-developed, timely and on-budget “tactical” SQL Server solution as well as initial stages of Teradata and PPDM-based long term strategic solution.
- Developed statistical predictive models for daily production by well and frozen meters.
- Architected final solution(s)-based combination of Teradata/SQL-Server/HDFS with Informatica/Spotfire.
- Assisted with data design and performance of various applications.
Chief Data Architect
Technologies: MongoDB, SQL*ServerResponsibilities:
- In a short project assisted start-up company to define business requirements to personal health data, the preliminary form X12 837 and develop data framework to serve needs for years to come.
- Worked with CIO, external physician consultant, client health insurance company, and development team to fit requirements into aggressive schedule.
- Established MongoDB schema and integration framework.
Principal Data Architect
Technologies: Vertica, Teradata, HDFS IntegrationResponsibilities:
- Lead appliances research and preliminary architecture for initial phase of planning and scoping a large project that reconciled data from disparate Teradata subsystems into a consolidated Vertica/HDFS platform.
- Established methodology and KPIs for technology transformation. Guided source and gap analysis.
- Performed PoC design and scoped PoC development effort.
Principal Solutions Architect
Technologies: Oracle, ER*Studio, Informatica, MicroStrategy, GoldenGate, HDFS IntegrationResponsibilities:
- Supported and enhanced an existing data platform and simultaneously researched and developed a completely new data warehousing and integration platform which supported restructuring of Apollo business offering.
- Managed small team of individuals including mentoring and skills development.
- Performed research, PoCs and preliminary vendor selection of hardware and appliances evaluating multiple appliance vendors (Netezza, Exadata, MS PDW Hardware Appliances and Teradata, Cognitio and Vertica’s software only option) as well as open-source options (PostgreSQL, Enterprise DB).
- Created and tested hardware platform based on low-cost commodity SSD infrastructure.
- Worked closely with Hadoop architecture and team ETL (Talend) establishing common integration open-source framework. Performed Hive/HBase performance analysis and rationalization of HQL/MapReduce access methods.
Data Architecture Team Lead
Technologies: Oracle Exadata, Oracle, ER*Studio, Informatica, MicroStrategyResponsibilities:
- Acted as a technical lead on 837 (4010 and 5010) re-factoring project.
- Acted as a designer and an architect of a back-end of data quality validation module of main data processing platform (evaluation of over 2.5 billion new data records per month).
- Acted as an IT technical oversight on global (multi-national vendors) drug integration initiative.
- Participated in development and tuning proprietary statistical prediction model for generating missing Rx records.
- Performed performance analysis and various PoCs related to Oracle Exadata implementation, resolving architectural challenges of different architectural foundation as compared to legacy Netezza/Oracle solution.
- Participated in architecture review board and process improvement activities.
Technologies: MS SQL Server, Oracle, SSIS, SSRSResponsibilities:
- Performed architecture, design and management of all technical aspects of project that provided a reporting solution for Health Care Services.
- Performed various implementation functions as required to successfully deliver two phases of a project on time.
- Notable technical aspect of the project was trickle-feed based on Oracle materialized view logs in average window of 29 seconds.
- Position reporting to Vice President GEIP. Provided strategic data architecture, management consulting for CIBER’s clients.
- In addition to primary responsibilities, participated in organization methodology and human capital development of then-recently formed Global Enterprise Integration Practice.
Architect, Enterprise Consultant
Technologies: Oracle, Informatica
- Performed business analyses, data modeling, architecture, design and mapping for Delivery Systems EDW expansion. Consulted client in area of process improvement, architecture and design best practices, templates and methodologies.
Technologies: Oracle, ER-WIN, DataStageResponsibilities:
- Performed business analysis, physical data modeling and architecture of the drug module. Lead lifecycle effort from architectural concept to UAT.
- Performed various roles to fill gaps in understaffed team, including PL/SQL programming and test planning.
Information Domain Architect
- Position (reporting to CTO) entitled ultimate responsibilities for enterprise data architecture and engineering and included voting privileges on enterprise architecture council, representing data domain.
- Executed strategic planning, IT organizational budget related to data systems, development and enforcement of standards and methodologies, project review and architectural assistance and data stewardship oversight.
- Responsible for technology and vendor selection and licensing negotiations.
- Participated in data architect and reviewer capacity in every major data, data warehousing, integration and reporting project in-flight and in-planning.
Technologies: Oracle, ER-WINResponsibilities:
- Performed business analysis, logical data modeling, and reference technical architecture of the first phase of law enforcement data integration for the Confidential that integrates over 200 disparate data sources for HLSA needs and local crime reduction.