- Twenty six years of Confidential consulting experience in the full life cycle of system development for Mainframe, Client/Server, and Web - based systems as a manager, project manager, scrum master, technical lead, business analyst, and developer using Agile, RUP and Waterfall methodology.
- Two Years of Scrum Master experience
- Ten years of Project Management experience
- Eight years of Business and Functional Analyst experience
- Eliciting business, functional and data requirements through interviews, JAD sessions, surveys, and requirement reviews
- Producing project deliverables including SOWs, Schedules, RACI, Risk Assessments, Staffing Plans, Cost/Benefit Analysis, BRDs, Functional Specifications, Flow Diagrams, Data Dictionaries, Data Models, User Stories, Use Cases, Wireframes, Report Requirements, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Data, Change Requests, Implementation Plans, User Guides.
Scrum Master and Functional Analyst
- Working as a Scrum Master and Functional Analyst on the Agile based Confidential project to build a compliance reporting, investigation and tracking system on BPM platform for EIT/Registration, Policy and Records. Responsibilities include:
- Running daily team scrum sessions, developing user stories,
- Developing BRD and Functional Specification documents to engage outside non-Agile teams,
- Chairing in user story grooming sessions,
- Participating iteration testing review sessions,
- Chairing iteration demonstration sessions with business users and sponsors,
- Chairing iteration retrospective sessions with team,
- Ensuring traceability from user stories through design, testing and functional deliverables,
- Chairing UAT testing including tracking reported errors.
Tools: used: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Remedy, SharePoint, Version One, STAMP
Project Manager/Sr. Business Analyst
- Performed Project Manager and Business Analyst role for web-based applications supporting Confidential Dental MO, Confidential Dental SC and Advantica Dental and Vision proposal generation through policy initiation.
- Worked as a project manager:
- Planning, coordinating and developing deliverables for future releases to define project scope, schedule, resources
- Managing work orders and change requests.
- Reporting status to stakeholders
- Facilitating stakeholder meetings on program status
- Worked as a business analyst for application releases including:
- Performing test planning and testing
- Facilitating meetings with stakeholders to capture and clarify requirements
- Developing business requirements and functional specifications
- Developed and maintaining User Guides for each user role.
- Aided in the development of the ePMO by working with team members to develop processes and documentation templates tailored to the needs of the business and which also industry represent best practice.
Tools: used: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Daptiv, Team Foundation Server, SQLServer, Track Confidential
Consulting Project Manager
- Performed the Program manager role for full suite of products produced for Confidential ’s Cigna, Kaiser, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthcare clients
- Worked as a project manager planning, coordinating and developing deliverables for multiple, concurrent small to medium sized project efforts for Confidential FOS group to produce healthcare cards and correspondence for their Cigna, Kaiser, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthcare clients. Activities Include:
- Worked with the project stakeholders, business area SME’s and Application System Architects to define project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Prepared project documentation including: Statement of Work, Project Schedule, Resource and Staffing Plans, RACI, Risk Assessment, Change Requests, Project Status Reports, and Cost/Benefit Analysis for each project effort.
- Prepared estimates for proposed product development efforts and reviewing estimates with clients.
- Reported weekly status, preparing metrics, managing change requests and managing UAT for all development efforts for my client group.
- Mentored new project managers on PMO requirements.
Tools: used: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint, Access, HP Project Portfolio Management Center
Consulting Functional Analyst
- Worked as a functional analyst on multiple multi-million dollar enterprise projects through the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT). Activities include:
- Working with the project stakeholders, business area SME’s and Application System Architects to translate business requirements into functional requirements and define use cases that fit within the scope of each project.
- Preparing project documentation including: Functional Requirements documents, Use Cases, Flow Diagrams, Data dictionaries, Wireframes, Traceability Matrixes, and User Acceptance Testing Test Plans for each project effort.
Tools: used: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, SQL, Remedy, SharePoint, Clarity, PeopleSoft HR
Project Manager/Business Systems Analyst
- Worked as a project manager and senior business systems analyst on Confidential initiative to convert from Lotus Notes to SharePoint 2010 for applications, department intranet sites and email repositories. Activities included:
- Worked with the project stakeholders and business area SME’s to identify and capture functional and business requirements to define intranet sites and applications.
- Defined timelines, effort estimates, tracked and provided status and metrics to stakeholders.
- Defined data migration specifications to migrate data from Lotus Notes application sites to application sites. Coordinating data migration efforts with vendor. Validating data for completeness and content post migration.
- Worked with business users to provide training to help them use their relocated applications and improve their SharePoint knowledge.
- Produced project deliverables including: timelines and schedules, weekly reports on status, risks, and issues, Business Requirements Documents, Data and Process Flow Diagrams, Data Dictionaries, Traceability Matrixes, Use Cases, User Guides, Unit, System and User Acceptance Testing Test Plans
Tools: used: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint 2010, InfoPath
Consulting Project Manager/Business Systems Analyst
- Worked as a project manager/senior business systems analyst on multiple multi-million dollar enterprise projects through the Enterprise Project Office (EPO). Activities included:
- Worked with core project team to establish effort estimate, work breakdown, and timeline.
- Worked with the project stakeholders, business area SME’s and Application System Architects to identify and capture project requirements, define use cases and user stories that fit within the scope of each project.
- Prepared project documentation including: Analysis Workplans, Business Requirements documents, User Stories, Use Cases, Process Models, Data dictionaries, Traceability Matrixes, User Acceptance Testing Test Plans, Risk/Issue Assessment and Tracking, Change Requests, Communication Planning for each project effort.
- Defined and ordering testing data to meet the testing requirements for each project
- Prepared and provided status reporting to stakeholders weekly and monthly
Tools: used: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Remedy, SharePoint, BluePrint, Clarity, Econometrix
Consulting Project Manager
- Worked as a project manager planning, coordinating activities, developing deliverables and providing management reporting for multiple small to medium sized project efforts for Brokerage Data Management to enhance the Confidential Advisors Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Tools: used: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Remedy, SharePoint, Access, PlanView, STAMP
Consulting Project Manager/Senior Business Analyst
- Worked as a project manager/senior business analyst on a process re-engineering project to refine and rework the product initiation process and redesign the supporting applications to support the new streamlined process flow. Activities included:
- Worked with core project team to establish work breakdown, estimates, schedule and timeline, identify and mitigate risks and issues,
- Facilitated meetings with the 18 collaborating departments to capture business process and business rules for current state.
- Analyzed findings for quick wins, bottlenecks, redundancies, redesign and merger opportunities.
- Analyzed the current data collected and purpose for each the seven stand alone applications involved in the process activities.
- Defined requirements for a single streamlined application merging the functionality for several of the existing applications.
- Developed business process model for proposed future state.
- Defined detailed use cases and data dictionary based on the proposed future state model.
- Provided status reporting to stakeholders.
Consulting Project Manager
- Improved the documentation of each application and the supporting infrastructure within Confidential .
- Developed and distribute eLearning course to improve the knowledge of the unique Confidential challenges of supporting Confidential ..
- Participated in rollout of new consolidated Change Management process for Confidential .
- Developed training materials, facilitated meetings, performed event hosting during event and worked with facility management to arrange for meeting services for 200+ attendees within Confidential for two day workshop to improve visibility for risks and coordinate cross area coverage of post merger Production issues.
Tools: used: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Remedy, Sharepoint