Over 15 years with strong supervision of projects and people, including both staff and management level personnel. Strategy, development, implementation and production support of Healthcare Providers and Members customer facing self - service solutions. Business Process optimization, Enterprise SOA Architecture, Software as a Service (Saas), Full Life Cycle System Development, Cost/Budget Management, Performance Metrics. Manage Project Portfolio aligning priorities with Business and IT strategies, goals and timelines. Industries include Fortune 500 Healthcare Payers, Financial Services, Telecom, Cable, ISP, Semiconductor and Consumer Electronics, State/Local Government, and Retail Weight Loss clients. Managed corporate initiatives with budgets of $1MM to $20MM.
- Application Portfolio - Trizeto FACETS for Individual and Small Medium market, NASCO Large Group and Federal Employee Program National Claims Systems, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft HCM, WebSphere J2EE, Message Broker, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and Commerce, Tibco BusinessWork, Informatica PowerCenter and PowerExchange, BusinessObjects, Server Virtualization, Microsoft Project Server, Clarity Portfolio Management and Earned Value System, and Program Management.
- Provider and Member Web Portals and Content Management/Interactive Voice Response Solutions - Provider and Member Verification, Medical and Dental Eligibility, Benefits, Claim Status, Pre-estimates, Medical Authorizations, Voucher/Remittance Status, eBill presentment and payment processing and Summary Billing and Detailed Billing and Payment History inquiries, and Duplicate Invoice request via the IVR for individual consumer market customers, and enterprise call routing.
- Management - Supervision of up to 30 FTEs, including internal and contactor staff and supervisory personnel. Provided Performance Appraisals, salary recommendations, coaching for excellence and improved performance.
ERP Business Systems: PeopleSoft HCM, UPK and Talent Technologies Corporation Resume Mirror Extraction, Oracle Financials eCommerce: WebSphere Commerce
Medical and Dental Claims Systems: FACETS for Consumer Direct and Small/Medium Business, NASCO Large Group, FEP Operations Center National Claims systems.
Sales & Customer Service Systems: Siebel CRM
Collaboration & Content/Document Management Systems: SharePoint, Lotus Domino, Plumtree
Reporting and Analytics: Cognos Impromptu, Crystal Reports, BusinessObjects, Microsoft OLAP Services
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2003, SQL Server 7.0, Microsoft Access, Oracle 11i, 9, 8.x, 7.1.4, DB2
SOA/Middleware Integration frameworks: Tibco Business Works, WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, Message Broker MQ, Rest Architecture and RESTful Web Services, Gateway Servers
Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech: ScanSoft/SpeechWorks, Nuance ASR IBM WebSphere Voice Server
Software Development Environments and Testing Frameworks: Rational Integrated Development Environment (RequisitePro, Rose, Architect, Developer, Test Manager, Source Code Control), Apache Jmeter, HP Enterprise Requirements and Quality Center Testing suite
Programming and Scripting Languages: J2EE, Java, C++, Perl, Eclipse JUNO, Spring Data Java Persistence API and curl
Program Management: Microsoft Project Server (2003/2007/2010 ), CA Clarity, Rational Portfolio Management
Business Software: Microsoft Office 2000/20
UNIX Operating Systems: Solaris 2.x, SUNOS, HPUX, AIX 4.1.3, Linux
Microsoft Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/2003, XP, Active Directory
Directory Services and Identity Management: Tivoli LDAP, Tivoli Identity Manager
Virtual Office Tools: VPN (Cisco, Nortel, Citrix), Wireless, Remote Access
E-Mail: Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003, Outlook 2000/2003/2007, Lotus Notes
Firewalls & Security: Checkpoint-1 Firewall v4.1, Cisco PIX Firewall, IPSEC
Business Continuity: Veritas, Backup Exec, Legato Networker, Symantec Antivirus, McAfee
Networking: Wireless, Fiber, Frame Relay, T1, T3, DSL, ISDN, VPN, VLAN, Cisco IOS, F5 Load Balancer, TCP/IP, Routing
Web Servers: Microsoft IIS, Apache, IBM WebSphere
Server Virtualization: VMware
Unified Communications: Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya
IP Contact Centers: Cisco IPCC, Interactive Intelligence
ACD/PBXs: Lucent/Avaya Definity G3r and Avaya multi-site core switches, Nortel Meridian, Aspect CallCenter, Spectrum and Unified IP
IVRs: Genesys Framework 8.1, GVP, Avaya IR and Avaya Contact Center express IVR, email and Chat and CTI solution, Cisco CVP, InterVoice MTC, Nortel MPS, IBM WVR
Enterprise Call Routing: Genesys ERS, Cisco ICM
Automated Speech Recognition/Text-to-Speech: ScanSoft/SpeechWorks, Nuance and IBM WebSphere Voice Server
Quality Call Monitoring: Verint, Nice Systems, Witness Systems
Workforce Management: Blue Pumpkin and Aspect eWFM
Load Testing: Load Runner, Empririx Load Hammer, IQ Services Load Testing platform
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, Teaneck, NJ
- The objective of this Project is to upgrade the current EDI / ETL platform from Informatica PowerCenter (PC) 9.5.1 and PowerExchange (PX) 9.6.1 to Informatica PC and PX 10.1 SaaS platform, which shall not only provide a better ETL platform and provide significant performance and process throughput improvement. The project includes standing up new environments and migrating 90 production workflows to the new Informatica 10.1.1 environments without interrupting daily business operations. In addition, this project also includes alignment and integration with the Oracle EBS 12.1.3 to 12.2.5 upgrade and upgrade to Oracle Linux Enhancement to Red Hat Linux 7.0, and Teradata EDW 1 .10.
- Led cross-functional teams that included on-shore and off-shore development and QA teams to manage the overall project scope, project schedule and budget, and ensured project deliverables were met on time and with quality, and approved by the Business prior to proceeding to the next phase of the software development life cycle.
Senior Technical Project Manager
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Led cross-functional teams that included on-shore Business, Legacy Mainframe enrollment, eligibility, billing and claims, mainframe enablement, SOA services Center of Excellence development teams, off-shore development teams, telephony infrastructure, and on-shore SIT and UAT test teams for the migration of Cisco ICM, IBM and Avaya legacy call center IVR infrastructure to Genesys Framework 8.1, Genesys Voice Platform IVRs, Avaya Core Switches for East¸ Central and Western Regions, Confidential Integration (CTI) and enterprise intelligent call routing, upgrade to Verint Impact 360 Speech Analytics to meet the Confidential, customization of Java based speech self-service applications for integration with the Facets Claims platform for Claims, Enrollment, Eligibility, Billing and customer service, and data migration of legacy screen scrapping data to the enterprise architecture SOA framework and Mainframe integration enablement with Mainframe Enrollment, Claims and Billing IMS Cobol applications.
- Managed the overall project scope, project schedule and budget using Clarity and Project, and ensured project deliverables were met on time and with quality, and approved by the Business prior to proceeding to the next phase of the software development life cycle. The project scope included an assessment and analysis of the Call Center current state ICM and legacy IVRs applications and mainframe data, solution architecture, User Interface requirements and speech self-service Java applications, and legacy mainframe applications re-design. Migrated mainframe legacy screen scraping to a SOA service design pattern to meet the approved business requirements, development of call and screen flows, and user experience running on a centralized Verizon cloud based redundant IVRs, Genesys CTI and enterprise intelligent call routing. Customization of existing enterprise SOA services and SOAP protocol running on WebSphere J2EE application server, Message Broker and EBS to migrate legacy screen scrapping data to SOA services to adhere to the enterprise SOA architecture framework for Mainframe integration enablement via message broker with Mainframe Enrollment, Claims and Billing Mainframe IMS applications.
- Upon successful completion of SIT and UAT Test execution and approval by the Business, the end-state solution was successfully deployed to Production environment, and allowed the IT organization to decommission non-supported legacy infrastructure and provided the business with reduced Average Handle Time, increase completion rate within the IVR, reduce the number of calls offered to the CSRs, and improve the overall customer experience.
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, Washington, DC
- eBusiness Development Center for MyBlue Member Web Portal used by all FEP members
- Member Out of Pocket for FEP Members
- Digital Communication/MyBlue Portal Cloud Infrastructure for the MyBlue Member Web portal and supported vendor wellness applications
- Wellness Incentive Card Promotion Program to incentivize FEP Members to sign-up and complete wellness programs
Senior Technical Project Manager
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
- Application Portfolio: PeopleSoft HCM, Oracle Financials, BusinessObjects, Informatica PowerCenter and PowerExchange, WebSphere J2EE¸Message Broker and eCommerce, Tibco BusinessWork, Server Virtualization, Tivoli Identity Management and LDAP directory for Web and Speech Self-service Java application. Trizeto FACETS, NASCO and Federal Employee Program National Claims Systems, member and trading partners content management system and portal “ecommerce” sites built using C# and XML documents, and content management. Member on-line electronic bill presentment and Payment, Nuance Speech Server, Genesys Framework 8.1, Genesys Voice Platform and Enterprise Routing Solution, Microsoft Project Server, Clarity Earned Value Management System and Program Management.
- Contact Center/Data Center Infrastructure Modernization and Upgrades - Business continuity, hardware/software for voice and data networks, Session Initiated Protocol, server virtualization, enterprise service bus and reusable enterprise Web Services.
- Contact Center Solution Delivery: Contact Center strategy and architecture, User Interface requirements and application design, development of call and screen flows, and user experience. Avaya ACD/PBX switches, centralized network based redundant Interactive Voice Response (IVRs), Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), enterprise intelligent routing architecture, Verint Quality Monitoring and Speech Analytics, and Speech self-service applications to reduce Average Handle Time, and increase completion rate within the IVR and reduce the number of calls offered to the CSRs.
- NASCO, Facets and FEP Claims Rationalization Project - Completed assessment, design and implementation of a common claims Operational Data Store and Web Service to access NASCO, FACETS and FEP Claims by of down stream systems (Member and Provider online portals and Interactive Voice Response) in a common format.
- ICD-10 Assessment, Remediation and Planning - Completed assessment and implementation schedule and cost for remediation of Data & Informatics applications /systems that affect downstream enterprise applications including but not limited to Claims Operational Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence Cubes, and internal/external reports to vendors, partners and regulatory compliance.
- Medicare Crossover Adjustment Claims Automation - Implemented and delivered automated solution to process high volume low-dollar Medicare related Maryland, DC and Virginia Professional and Institutional claim adjustments received from CMS for the FACETS Claims platform. Used the 837 HIPAA compliant transaction (including original Medicare claim) received from CMS to identify and automatically adjust the original CareFirst secondary claim to issue or retract payments. Significantly improved operational efficiency by driving down the FTEs required for manually processing Medicare claim adjustments. Achieved Return on Investment by reducing administrative cost absorbed by the Consumer Direct (CD) Business Unit to manually process Medicare claim adjustments. Provided efficiency improvements for the Operational First Pass rate for the CD and Small Medium (SaMMD) Business Units
- FACETS Defect Remediation and Enhancements - Managed full SDLC and SIT/UIAT testing and production deployment of 26 critical Enrollment, Billing, Claims and Customer Service Business requested enhancements and Defects/Issues impacting FACETS and surround systems. Improved CD and SaMMD Business Units performance and operational efficiency by driving down the cost associated with external/supplemental resources for claims support. Provided efficiency improvements to the Operational First Pass rate for the CD and SaMMD Business Units. Ensured that CareFirst is compliant with Maryland House and Senate regulatory requirements.
- Supervision of staff up to 30 and budgets $1MM - $20MM. Performance Appraisals, Career Development (Training Recommendations).
Senior Program Manager Inbound and Outbound Contact Center Projects
- Defined project scope, deliverable, milestones and guidelines to execute Inbound and Outbound corporate initiatives.
- Facilitated Joint Application Design Sessions with Business Stakeholders to finalize and prioritize Business requirements, and implementation roadmap.
- Led the creation of Business and Functional Requirements, Use Cases, Technical Architecture, System Integration, User Acceptance and Performance Test Plans, and Test Cases.
- Led design sessions to reach consensus on the Data Integration architecture with the ATG Content Management System to enable automation of outbound sales campaigns.
- Partnered with multiple implementation vendors for the design, Implementation and customization of the Aspect Unified IP Dialer and Avaya Contact Center Express solution, which included IVR self-service, email and chat, and CTI solution to meet the approved business requirements.
- Forged strategic relationship with Data Cleansing and analytics vendor TargusInfo to maximize productivity of Sales Agents through the use of On-Demand Lead Verification service to improve quality and accuracy of sales leads data and boost number of leads successfully contacted and increasing sales closure rates.
- Proactively managed Schedule, budgets and forecasts, Change Requests, and issues and risks.
Senior Technical /Project Manager
Confidential, El Dorado Hills, CA
- Contact Center/Data Center Infrastructure Modernization and Upgrades: Business continuity, hardware/software for voice and data networks, WebSphere J2EE application server and Message Broker, and reusable enterprise Web Services.
- Contact Center Solution Delivery: Contact Center strategy and architecture, User Interface requirements and application design, development of call and screen flows, and user experience. ACD/PBX, centralized network based redundant Interactive Voice Response (IVRs), Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), enterprise intelligent routing architecture and Speech self-service applications to reduce Average Handle Time, and increase completion rate within the IVR and reduce the number of calls offered to the CSRs.
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Successfully executed the design and implementation of the IT Infrastructure, and Application Architecture, Infrastructure to support the business opening and operating a new 63,000 SQ. FT 400 Seat Contact Center facility in New Braunfels, Texas.
- Successfully deployed the Data/Voice and IT infrastructure (Data and Voice Circuits, Network and Aspect ACD/Telephony Equipment, Application Servers and PCs), and Oracle Application Architecture in San Diego to support Functional, Integration and User Load Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by the Customer Service organization.
- Led the installation, configuration, integration, testing and production deployment of the Computer and Server rooms, Structured Cabling, Data/Voice circuits and IT infrastructure, and Oracle Application Architecture to enable start-up of the New Braunfels Contact Center, and support the business to operate in a Multi-Contact Center environment.
CRM Strategy Engagement Manager
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Led one-on-one sessions with IT, Customer Care, Customer Care Operations, Field Operations, MIS Customer Support, and Business Operations organizations to conduct a current state assessment of the Customer Care business processes, infrastructure and supporting technologies to identify opportunities to solve the client’s customer service and technical support process and technology challenges. Developed and presented a five-year Customer Care and application architecture roadmap strategy to the Stakeholders for review and incorporated feedback, and published the finalized strategy and roadmap.
Senior Program Manager
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Managed Business and IT strategy, Customer Information Systems (CISs) and Billing solutions including data migration, data cleansing and data conversion from the legacy CIS and Billing system to the IBM CIS and Billing system, Enterprise Systems Integration, Business Process Improvement though Multi-channel Customer Facing and Self-service applications, Biometric Authentication and Identity Management solutions, Business Process Optimization, Infrastructure, Enterprise Business Systems Outsourcing and Full Life Cycle System Implementations.
- Responsible for the creation of Biometric authentication and Identity Management Web and Voice Self-service solution assets and collateral on the Genesys, Avaya and Cisco contact center solutions. Collaborated with corporate Marketing, R&D, and legal organizations to package and price solutions. Elevated awareness and perceived value of packaged solution to accelerate engagement delivery.
- Advising on troubled projects to determine root cause and developing turn around recommendations.
- Coordinated and managed a matrixed project team of 10-30 (Business Analysts, Technical Architects, Infrastructure, Software Developers, Test, CM, and QA) and budgets ranging $4MM-$20MM. Responsible for team Appraisals, Employee Development, and Salary increases.
Principal/Director/Program Manager IT Solutions
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Project and Program Management for client engagements that included Confidential, Confidential, MSN ISP, Confidential and Confidential for Los Angeles
Senior Manager/Principal Consultant
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Focused on business and IT strategy, improving business performance through the development and implementation of new e-business applications, multi-channel customer facing OSS/BSS and Billing strategy and solutions, process improvements and Full Life Cycle System Implementations.
- Creation and delivery of e-business, OSS/BSS, EAI and CRM custom and packaged applications, solution assets and collateral. Created reusable components to streamline project delivery. Software includes, and is not limited to: Siebel, Tibco, Vitria
- Managed staff of 10 to 20 (Business Analysts, Technical and Infrastructure Architects, Software Developers, Test, CM, QA consultants). Administrated budgets ranging from $1MM - $10MM. Conducted Performance Appraisals and created Employee Development Plans.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Formulated Business and IT Strategy for Utility clients’ entry into entry into the deregulated Electricity Market.
- Handled Full Life Cycle system implementations of new Customer Information and Billing (deregulated market), Multi-channel Customer Facing Strategy and Solutions for Retail Banking clients. Experience with Oracle Financials for reporting and a Packaged Billing/Customer Information solution.
- Managed of budgets ranging from $1MM - $2MM and supervised 5 to 10 staff (Business Analysts, Technical and Infrastructure Architects, Software Developers and Test, Configuration Management, QA consultants)
- Conducted team Performance Appraisals and mentored junior staff.