- Highly qualified Senior Leader offering more than 25+ years of technology services management and delivery in Fortune 200 companies. Results - focused and effectual leader with proven ability to proactively identify and resolve problems and build highly scalable solutions automated solutions. Qualifications in all facets of infrastructure optimization, software lifecycle management (SDLC), RFP/RFI review/development, vendor selection and project design and delivery from initial feasibility, analysis and requirements gathering through deployment, training and enhancement. As a career technology services leader managed and directed engineering and delivering of 200+ technology projects across a variety of platforms, technologies and industries, e.g. Healthcare, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Finance, Communications, Public and State & Local Government sectors.Ms. Giblin has more than 20 years of experience in leadership roles across the healthcare industry.
- Prior to joining NQF, Kathleen served as senior vice president for Evolent Health, a healthcare start-up that executed a successful initial public offering in June 2015. Kathleen developed and led Evolent Health’s departments accountable for the design and implementation of value-based clinical models across all clients. Previously, Kathleen spent nine years at Aetna leading strategic initiatives for the Medicare segment before moving to Aetna’s accountable care solutions team (now known as Healthagen), where she led
- Prior to NQF, Jason worked with AARP to develop new features for the organization’s digital community platform, created systems to verify individual AARP memberships with partners, and contributed to payment card industry (PCI) compliance efforts. Jason has led application development and IT operations at organizations including NASA, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Lowell School, Trinity College, and the U.S. military. He received awards for his work on the Military Medical Tracking System, which analyzes clinical data systems to identify soldiers at risk of suicide, and the Confidential, which consolidated thousands of NIH vendors into a single web-based purchasing system.
- Jason is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA, and received a master’s degree in modern European history from the Catholic University of America in Washington, DC. He is a certified scrum master and pragmatic marketing product manager, and his writing has appeared in multiple publications, including Knowledge Quest (the Journal of the American Association of School Librarians), the Private Education Law Report, and The Washington Post.
Confidential,New York, NY
- Leadership, strategy, enterprise architecture, and organizational management to plan and enable healthcare quality platform transformation. Operationally responsible for the Confidential IT Quality Programs, Clinical Quality Reporting, HEDIS and implementation of TrueCare (CaseNet) as well as strategy consulting for the Enterprise Architecture team focusing on the clinical roadmap and transition to the new set of platforms and toolsets for clinical standards and analytics. Resulting in a $60M savings to Confidential YOY.
- Oversight for HEDIS, SQL, SAS and Informatica product development teams, provider data intake initiatives, project execution/risk management and coordination of efforts to ensure successful reporting of measures/quality to NCQA and participating providers throughout the Greater New York City area. Development of these products will result in $120M of revenue to Confidential .
- Interface with HF business stakeholders including Market Leaders, Outreach, HIE, Informatics/Quality and Population Health teams to translate business needs into automated technology solutions and ensure that the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of our internal and 10’s of 1000s of external providers, commercial customers and business partners.
- Direct internal IT clinical application teams and business teams on design and implementation of a more effective Data Governance program including Data Quality, Master Data Management, Meta Data Management plus additional control areas.
Confidential,New York, NYResponsibilities:
- Build QA review teams for data governance and compliance with CMS Meaningful Use (MU) data elements for reporting and 1000+ providers/physicians across North America for STARS/HEDIS program reporting.
- Responsible for driving standardization across provider/physician technology platforms and tools development for software product implementation for the provider/physician product suite. Primary focus was on stakeholder communications, oversight of technology implementation teams and transition to operational support services from an enterprise perspective.
- Developed and implemented a reporting dashboard for performance to target metrics for enterprise-level use. Analyzed provider networks in areas with large (proposed) member acquisitions, and managed discussion with carriers and provider groups as well as UHG Regional Teams.
- Developed partnerships with providers/physicians, data aggregators and 3rd party EMR vendors in an effort to create effective solutions for HEDIS measure validation. Train providers/physicians on necessity for standard data set submission (ICD10, CPTII coding) and standard format requirements (CCD, CCDA, C32) for all UHC membership. This training resulted in a 65%-75% decrease in processing times for HEDIS measures and PCOR reporting (90 days to 3 weeks).
- Documented multi-disciplinary operational readiness plans and risk mitigation plan in response to impacts and issues identified during previous implementations, provide updates to leadership team (cross-organization) on significant business or client risks identified during deployment and implementation activities.
- Influencing and facilitating weekly cross-functional team development in support of UHC’s and Optum’s provider/physician targets and validating that the solution meets the requirements while ensuring all state/federal legal and compliance requirements are met.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in building Organizational Change Management concepts and tools being created for internal clients and provider entities to ensure changes to reporting of any kind are communicated in a timely fashion for both our external and internal constituents.
- Provided IT Operational Interim Leadership, Program Management and advisory expertise in the implementation of EMRs (Epic, Cerner, NextGen ECW, Allscripts, Meditech) Clinically Integrated Networks, Population Health and Community Connect programs.
- As an Advisory consultant spearheaded programs for - Operational Change Management, Product Development for Payor Technologies, IT Technology Strategy, IT Organization Design and Governance, IT Organization Change and Transformation, IT Cloud, Hosting and Staff Sourcing Strategy, Demand Management, IT Project Portfolio Rationalization, M&A Integration, Lead Epic & Cerner Technology EMR and Revenue Cycle Program Planning, Implementation/Optimization and Lawson, and PeopleSoft implementations.
Chief Technology OfficerResponsibilities:
- Restructured IT Organization (435+ staff), partnered with HR on Human Capital Management (HCM) software implementation, staff training and IT market salary rationalization, saving the University $3M/yr.
- Drove $25-$35M in incremental savings by standardizing technology platforms and leveraging outsourced technology delivery. By partnering with the State of Mississippi, Department of Information Technology and Bureau of Buildings for RFI/RFP services, reduced internal churn, overhead and approvals for state mandated Technology bid process by six (6) months saving operating dollars and financial penalties in the millions.
- Drove the creation of the UMMC business portal to provide electronic automation of all financial transactions (including capital requisitions, fund transfers, petty cash, check requests deposits and travel reimbursement) providing an estimated $1.2M/yr. savings to the University.
- Lead Agile/Lean implementation of Service Desk product for incident and change management tracking and introduced concept of ITSM and process improvement methodologies. Retired Construction and Biomedical service products and incorporated into enterprise SD product saving $300K/yr. in support costs.
- Managed $160M implementation of Epic EMR (Revenue Cycle and Clinical apps) across 6 hospitals and 83 clinics across the state of Mississippi. Retirement of Siemens Mainframe and 23 additional clinical applications resulting in savings of $10M/yr.
Services Delivery ExecutiveResponsibilities:
- Responsible for creating “new” relationships in 100+ accounts in the East and Central United States for Microsoft consulting services.
- Create Partnerships and teaming agreements with top 20 technology and consulting companies in the world to provide integrated technology solutions with Microsoft solutions and products ( Confidential, EMC, Cisco, Quest, Oracle, Siemens, PeopleSoft, SAP, EDS, Accenture etc.) to provide best in class technology solutions to meet customer demands.
- Manage, scope, staff and deliver technology consulting solutions, support and hosting engagements of $40M+ each year.
- Regional Solutions Sales Executive - Lead consulting and total solution sales in the Communications Sector Media & Entertainment vertical in the Northeast Region. Responsible for 10 Fortune 100 clients in the East. Clients included WPP, Omnicom, Dow Jones/IDC and Standard & Poor’s, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, IPG-McCann Erickson, McGraw-Hill, Pearson, Harper-Collins and Zondervan among others.
- Sales of all Microsoft software and solutions - desktop and server solutions (Windows desktop and server clients, SQL, AD, Exchange/OCS, IM, Video Conferencing, SharePoint/Performance Point/BI and Collaboration products as well as integration with 3rd Party Partner Products (EMC/Documentum, SAS, Siemens, Oracle, PeopleSoft) Software + Services, Hosted Services Offerings BPOS, MDOP), Rich Media Collaboration Services (RMCS), digital asset management (DAM) products, multiple partner products for trans-coding and FTP, advertising campaign solutions (Campaign Brief), application development, monitoring and management (near-shore, off-shore).
PRINCIPAL - Confidential Global ServicesResponsibilities:
- Responsible for technology Solution Sales in 13 Major and 4 Global Integrated Accounts in Public Sector, also worked with Financial, Retail, Media and Entertainment and Commercial Sectors
- Grew pipeline for Healthcare and Life Sciences vertical by over $60M in 3 years for both Confidential and 3rd party products
- Created technology solutions and sold/delivered $144M in services and $134M in support revenue over the previous 3 years
- Created Global Clinical Trails Program - Partnered with British Telecom, Confidential, Pfizer and Novartis, The World Bank and 8 Global Service centers across the world with Headquarters at the Confidential Markham, Canada location. Through his program deployed equipment and technology to over 84 countries saving in upwards of $100M in clinical trial costs in a 3-year period
- As a Principal and consultant - provided consultative solution sales, thought-leadership, scoping and delivery of infrastructure, desktop/laptop, application development and data center optimization projects and provided guidance and strategy on customer M&A consolidations.
- Responsible for review and management of local and global PMO’s, deployment teams and 3rd party vendors for data center build-outs and infrastructure consolidations, hosting solutions and staff augmentation projects.
- Collaborate with internal Confidential organizations, outside consulting partners, 3rd party hardware/software vendors to develop cost effective end-to-end solutions to help large enterprise customers solve business problems by leveraging best in breed technologies.
- Other projects included virtualization/high availability computing, remote monitoring/management capabilities, automated software distro, asset management and global helpdesk solutions, On-Demand infrastructure and architecture/design, SOA assessments, asset/software lifecycle management solutions
Director, Professional ServicesResponsibilities:
- P/L responsibility for all managed service projects for North-East Region accounts (45M+)
- Negotiated new and existing strategic outsourced contracts for on-shore and offshore technology programs.
- Secured first-ever 5 year ($2M+/year) application development project for a Large Pharmaceutical
- Negotiated 3-year out-sourcing contact to providing VMS/mainframe consulting services/support for Major Bank FED close application.
- Led numerous global consulting projects for 26 Major (Fortune 100 clients) in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut and globally in the Financial, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Media and Retail sectors.
- Collaborated with C-level executives and IT Managers to assess managed service opportunities, guided new business development and created managed services offerings.
- Directed consultant project staff on transition activities for managed service projects, application development and testing, support, QA methodology and sales-force automation projects.
- Provided P&L and operating budget oversight.
Confidential,New York, NY
Senior Project Manager and Engagement Team LeaderResponsibilities:
- Grew account revenue, drove new business development and provided technical sales support for hardware, software and services. Led programs/project delivery of global desktop, sales force and
- Server deployments, image creation, application portfolio maintenance /distribution, requirements analysis and network designs.
- Spearheaded multiple large-scale projects ranging from $5M to $250M with 3 key projects published in Confidential ’s Quarterly Newsletter to clients/investors as “Best in Class Award” for delivery /client satisfaction.
- Launched institutional investment bank trading portal with 100+ applications in research, equity and dept trade and post-trade reporting.
- Closed largest services contract ever for Professional Services Division with $200M+ in software, hardware deployment and image/application development and deployment services. Realized an additional $50M in services revenue to support implementation/migration of e-mail and messaging, hardware, software and services.