- Senior Business Intelligence & Analytics Leader with nineteen years of hands - on and management experience across multiple business intelligence, data warehouse and analytics platforms.
- Senior PMP certified Project\Program Management leader with experience leading highly complex, mission critical development efforts. Versed in multiple program and project management approaches.
- Expertise in architecting and managing high performance operational data stores, data warehouses and business intelligence solutions.
- Expertise in strategic planning, customer\vendor negotiation and project risk management.
Project Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Project manager for a global 60+ billion-dollar agri-business company.
- Conducted 30 workshops with 100+ stakeholders across the company.
- Created a detailed current-state analysis and comprehensive recommendation for future-state architecture, technology, organizational structure and governance.
- Led workshops to capture data quality requirements and created source system cleansing plans for master data management.
Program Manager, Scrum Master: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsResponsibilities:
- Oversight responsibility for multiple, geographically dispersed development teams.
- Ownership of and accountable for the reporting & analytics strategic roadmap, development best practices and risk based quality assurance standards.
- Spearheaded the introduction and creation of predictive analytics reporting solutions and hosted weekly executive "lunch and learn" educational meetings.
- Mentored and coached staff and project teams in data analysis techniques and “best practice” methods for communicating results to the clients.
Senior Manager, Enterprise Business Intelligence and AnalyticsResponsibilities:
- Led a team of twenty-five analysts, developers and onshore/offshore resources in support of over twenty thousand personnel
- Program responsibility over multiple, large-scale projects and initiatives.
- Provided consultation, technical development and training in a full suite of self-service business intelligence, data visualization, performance management/balanced scorecard and advanced predictive analytics tools.
- Designed and conducted business intelligence maturity assessments and customer satisfaction surveys. Created highly effective department level business intelligence tool usage strategies and training curriculums.
Confidential,Los Angeles, CA
Business Intelligence ArchitectResponsibilities:
- Lead architect for enterprise strategic reporting. Provided thought leadership and direction to the business on “best practice” use of business intelligence and reporting applications.
- Led the reporting team in the development of operational and strategic reporting for a new customer billing system.
- Accountable to senior management for tracking and reporting project milestones, resource constraints, risk identification and risk mitigation. Ensured business objectives and project goals were in alignment.
- Collaborated with other IS Leaders to provide direction on technical methodology, architecture standards, policies, training and other business intelligence and data warehouse related processes.
SAP Business Objects Data Warehouse Project Manager (Consultant)Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day team management responsibility. Tasked with setting team priorities and accurate and timely communication with all stakeholders.
- Partnered with business leaders to establish short and long term objectives in alignment with corporate strategic goals. Communicate major milestones and discuss department risk (opportunities and threats) during weekly management meetings.
- Facilitated discussions with stakeholders and directed the creation of all project documentation.
Business Intelligence Project Manager, Scrum Master (Consultant)Responsibilities:
- Performed cost-benefit analysis, vendor evaluations and vendor negotiation for a new web based real estate business intelligence product.
- Provided technical leadership on the iterative design and development of the application.
- Made use of Agile / SCRUM techniques (two week sprints, daily standup meetings, task board and burn down charts) to successfully complete a highly regarded prototype application.
Sales and Finance Applications Project Manager (Consultant)Responsibilities:
- Program responsibility for a suite of mission critical sales and finance applications with a customer base spanning the United States, Canada and Latin America.
- Led the Sales & Finance division in a company wide data center move that also included significant changes to application architecture. The move was 100% successful.
- Served as Project Manager for the resource scheduling, code remediation, testing and migration of all Sales and Finance division applications from MS SQL 2000 to MS SQL 2005.
- Spearheaded the proposal, buy-in from the business and implementation of an error notification system. The completed application reduced customer response and resolution times to application issues by approximately 45%.
Confidential,Los Angeles, CA
Position: Business Intelligence ManagerResponsibilities:
- Responsible for a portfolio of projects and applications spanning the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence applications, CRM applications, Intranet and Sales Portals, Accounting/Billing systems, Customer Contract systems and a number of custom ‘home grown’ applications.
- Led the formation of the business intelligence group within the company. Created the strategic roadmap, performed vendor tool evaluations and led the iterative development of a multi-terabyte data warehouse.
- Led the development of an automated, web-based Sales Commission analytics application for the national sales team. The application reduced the time to create the monthly sales commission reports by over 80%.
Confidential,Los Angeles, CA
Senior Consultant, Project Manager: Business Intelligence GroupResponsibilities:
- Successfully led the development of custom data warehouse and business intelligence solutions for multiple clients and industries. Used business intelligence and data warehouse tools from a variety of vendors including SAP, Oracle, Cognos, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Microsoft, IBM and Informatica.
- Senior Systems Analyst on the Chase Private Bank data warehouse project. Led a team of 5 in the creation of a gap analysis, data quality analysis and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) strategy on 20 disparate systems located around the country.
- Technical oversight responsibility for the development of a data warehouse prototype for a retail CRM data provider. Prototyped the data warehouse using an Oracle 8i database with a MicroStrategy front-end. Created 40+ OLAP drill down reports.
Position: Systems Analyst / ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Senior Systems Analyst on the Confidential data warehouse architecture project. Captured front-end functionality requirements using USE Case scenarios. Drafted the conceptual framework specification for the new architecture in terms of how the existing and new operation data stores, data marts, and front-end tools would be integrated.
- Designed flow diagrams to model legacy systems on a multi-state integration project for Confidential .
- Systems Analyst on a custom membership and billing application for Confidential . Coordinated and scheduled data loads from 50+ legacy systems and scheduled code fixes. Extracted data and created test scenarios using complex SQL queries.