CPA, CIA, CFE Independent Project Work Assignments for Multi - Billion Dollar Cleveland Area Companies: Responsible for financial, fraud, compliance and operational internal audits, project management, SOX testing, and internal control design, development, remediation & implementation, contract auditing, GRC project work including risk assessment, supplier contract reviews, government compliance audits, process improvements, financial analysis, state, federal and local tax returns including sales/use tax compliance audits. Banking compliance, Manufacturing, Retail, Government, and Public Utility successes.
Accounting Compliance Manager
- Responsible for SOX compliance for Global Relocations reducing 16 material weaknesses to zero.
- Responsible for keeping Confidential Relocation SOX, GAAP and government compliant.
- Conducted successful operational, financial, fraud, legal and tax audits as well as process improvement audits.
- Developed policies to strengthen financial controls and project managed key initiatives for cash flow, tax, client, treasury and SAS 70.
- Project Managed groups from all department’s of Confidential bringing them together to develop and implement policy changes, control implementation, and process improvements that were necessary as Confidential migrated from a public company to a private company saving Confidential millions of dollars.
- Produced divisional risk & key project assessments for Relocation divisions not subject to SOX or annual audits so management could rely upon financial reporting, controls and project effectiveness.
- Supervised & trained staff, consultants, and external auditors to lead various Relocation audit projects.
Internal Audit Senior
- SOX significant compliance project auditor to support 302 and 404 including the design, planning, implementation, documentation, and testing of nearly all project areas. Key areas responsible included most areas of operations, revenue recognition, general & application information technology, planning, creation of audit programs, documentation including flow charting and control self assessments, developing identifications of key controls, and significant assessment & evaluation of processes.
- Retrieved $800K from insurance proceed recoveries and obtained five court convictions due to significant audit work performed regarding collusion involved in a warehouse theft ring.
- Performed audit services in a $34M systems solution provider lawsuit.
- Performed Oracle system implementation audit and corresponding control analysis framework.
- Significant tax, credit card, divestiture, security, freight, and fraud prevention audits.
- Conducted operational & financial audits based upon risk analysis assessments with Management and the Audit Committee as well as providing external audit replacement and consulting work.
- Supervised college co-ops, interns, temporary employees, consultants and accountants to provide internal audit services.
- Developed audit programs & methodologies to better review & assess operations.
- Conducted monthly employee training for 25 Confidential, Inc. financial managers on accounting and financial management topics providing staff CPE credit.
Manager of Internal Audit
- Conducted quarterly divisional reviews for 29 North American Companies including financial, operational, cost, internal control, inventory, banking, warehouse, safety and security.
- Solely responsible for conducting an annual audit of twelve different Premier Farnell operating companies reporting directly to Price Waterhouse Coopers, LLC.
- Responsible for conducting eight different benefit audits for both defined benefit and defined contribution plans including designing audit programs, creating financial statements and managing governmental reporting entities.
- Supervised, trained and consulted corporate and divisional employees to conduct physical inventories.
- Conducted special project audits for operational divisions to improve efficiency, establish internal controls, adhere to group policies and improve operations.
Confidential, Wickliffe, OHResponsibilities:
- Responsible for monthly internal/external managerial inventory reporting and analysis including support for 60 inventory locations providing inventory tax reporting, forecasting and cost accounting.
- Supervised remote inventory audits, as well as create inventory audit procedures. Provided, monitored, and implemented inventory control policies, financial inventory monitoring and upkeep, improved inventory tracking, and strengthened cash flows.
- Responsible for special projects for sales and service, and other operational & financial analysis to support and manage decision making within Confidential . Created techniques to control costs, administered spending savings, monitored and reported sales, and improved operational decision-making.
Supervisor of Disbursements
Confidential, Wickliffe, OHResponsibilities:
- Organized, managed, and improved Accounts Payable and Expense Report Departments. Instituted and created procedures, account analysis and reconciliation techniques, while directly responsible for two supervisors and ten employees.
- Acted as expense/travel manager/negotiator concerning implementation of cost saving techniques, improved cash flow techniques, and acted as a travel manager/negotiator to establish travel policies and obtain preferred rates for our employees decreasing travel & entertainment expenditures by 33%.
- Designed and responsible for the accounting features of a Travel Management system which was implemented and created to save money, improve expense reporting, better financial expense accruals, allow clerks to continually monitor employee activity, and supply future tools for management to reduce costs.
Financial Analyst/Staff Accountant
- Responsible for quarterly divisional financial statement preparation and analysis, including division's SEC reporting, contract bookings, revenue and gross profit analysis.
- Retrieved over $50K concerning past due airline credits while reconciling company travel records.