- Extensive operational experience across all Data Warehousing & BI areas - program/project management, technical management, data architecture, data conversions, requirement gathering, reporting, ETL, change leadership, data governance, support, system upgrades, and hardware re-platforms.
- Accomplished Confidential with broad IT leadership and development expertise across a variety of technologies and financial, retail, manufacturing, high-tech, pharmaceutical, health-care, and supply chain/logistics environments. Familiar with all aspects of a project lifecycle and post production support.
- Formulated and executed global BI strategy and data architecture roadmaps aligned to business objectives
- Hands-on experience with multiple BI tools (Big Data/Hadoop, SAP BW/BI, Cognos, SAS, Business Objects, Microstrategy), ETL products (Informatica, DataStage, Ab Initio), databases (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, DB2), project management methodologies (Waterfall, SDLC, RAD, JAD, Agile), and project management tools (MS Project, Planview, Clarity, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel) with world class clients.
- Built and managed cross-functional, multinational teams; delivered projects on time, within budget. Highly experienced in managing onsite/offshore model.
Technical Project Manager
- Deliver tools and improvements to internal CRM application (custom Facebook solutions): book of business, meeting assistants, quota and forecasting, Work closely with data engineering, BI engineering, front end designers, and sales and marketing stakeholders to drive delivery and adoption of solutions.
- Projects include machine learning logic to automatically connect Facebook ads to relevant CRM organization; application to display, rank and filter book of business information; portal to improve findability of sales & marketing materials; build product to coordinate meetings with external clients; tools to support portfolio management and quota process. Applications are custom built using Facebook data platform on backend (hive, scuba, presto, etc.)
- Defined and implemented project management methodologies and processes across various team pods where no process currently existed. Aligned engineering teams to follow Agile Scrum methodology with iterative sprints and feedback loops.
- Oversee complete project lifecycles - define goals &success metrics, development, testing (pilots, user-acceptance) and deployment processes.
BI/EDW Technical Manager/ Scrum Master
- Responsible for stabilizing, enhancing and support of Hortonworks Hadoop 1.3x Big Data cluster. Standardized acquisition and ingestion methods, created production support process, defined SLA’s, instituted data quotas, upgraded Hortonworks patch level, managed physical migration in data center and addition of nodes. Well versed in the various tools (Oozie, sqoop, hive, pig, espresso, etc.). Prioritize and deliver enhancements working with data scientists, consumers, infrastructure, and application teams. Organized inception phase/planning to migrate to Hortonworks 2.x.
- Set up support teams, establish processes and manage ongoing efforts to address small enhancement requests and defects. The BI Mini Q is a multi-discipline team (ETL, Essbase, Cognos, Microstrategy, Big Data) consisting of onsite and offshore resources. Train teams on Agile methodologies and set up Jira to manage workflow and status reporting. Run daily standups, prioritize stories, and responsible for managing productivity and budget of teams.
- Manage software upgrades: Microstrategy vesion 9.1 to 9.4, and Teradata version 13.1 to 14.1. Defined technical approaches and budgets, created teams and project plans, managed all aspects of project, communications and cut-overs.
- Led project to replatform Microstrategy environment from AIX to Unix. Managed resources across departments (infrastructure, testing, application developers, data center engineers) Defined technical roadmap, budget, detailed project plans. Project included use of automation software (Chef and Jenkins), load/performance testing (Loadrunner), and installation of monitoring tools (Thruk).
- Managed effort to deliver a dashboard using Microstrategy VI (data visualization tool) to Chief Marketing Officer. Worked with UI designer and product managers to integrate EDW data with external spreadsheets and deliver a rich, interactive way to asses performance of campaigns.
EDW Program Manager
- Represent all EDW efforts with the PMO. Responsible for defining, implementing and enforcing processes and operating standards across the projects. Manage the resource pool that supports efforts across the program.
- Manage multiple upgrade projects: SAP Business Objects 3.1 to 4.0 upgrade and conversion. SAP Data Services in place upgrade of 4.0 to 4.1. Teradata 13.10 to 14.0 upgrade. Retirement of Informatica solutions. Installation of new servers/hardware in datacenter.
- Oversee multiple analysis and proof of concepts projects serving as input to a capabilities roadmap including data visualization (SAP Lumira), data quality (SAP Information Steward), mobility, enterprise scheduling, and Big Data (Hadoop POC).
- Manage vendors and full-time employees across the program. Facilitate negotiation and approval of vendor contracts - evaluated RFP responses, interviewed resources, and approved SOW’s. Accountable for $2.1M budget. Responsible for scope, approach, budget and timelines.
Technical Project Manager
- Own defining and partnering with IT and Business Partners to manage and deliver business intelligence capabilities and reporting solutions. Drive program activities necessary to analyze end-to-end activities across the supply chain. This includes driving the project management, thought leadership, solution innovation and change management processes.
- Responsible for creation, maintenance and implementation of BI solutions utilizing Microstrategy reporting, Datastage ETL and Teradata DB applications.
- Project teams comprised of multiple 3rd party vendors in charge of discreet activities (ETL, testing, reporting); I was responsible for coordination and execution of overall project deliverables, a budget in excess in $6M, and a team size in excess of 25 members.
- Originally engage by Gap to turn-around a program that was behind schedule, over budget, and technically deficient. Established program controls, re-set scope and expectations, re-configured project teams, and provided an achievable multi-year roadmap for technical and functional delivery.
EDW/Business Intelligence Project Lead
- Represent BI effort within the project PMO. Key member of leadership team responsible for design, implementation, and rollout of project and the definition and support of PMO process and operations
- Manage numerous work streams to implement EDW and BI solutions for SAP ECC Supply Chain (SCM), Plant Maintenance (PM), Human Resources (HCM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) and Finance (FICO). Lead and align plans with Business Units/Business Process Owners to achieve desired program objectives
- Development effort included implementation of SAP BOBJ Data Services 4.0 application and environment. Utilized new Data Services functionality that allows direct access to ECC BI extractors without use of SAP BW to load custom Teradata data models with an SAP BOBJ 3.2 reporting front end.
- Direct management of over 40 resources at peak comprised of full-time staff and onshore/offshore contractors providing daily delivery & operations support. Responsible for all aspects of the program including scope, schedule, budget, and change management (user training and adoption).
- Responsible for 3rd party vendor relationship in execution of project work streams. Accountable for project budget in excess of $3M, including annual budget and project planning, forecasting, invoice reconciliation, and expenditure approvals. Assignment required trip to India to ensure offshore coordination and alignment.
- Create and maintain team goals and objectives and monitor and evaluate vendor, contractor and employee performance
BI Program Manager
- Led EDW integration and conversion following Adobe $1.8B acquisition of Omniture Inc. Assured successful integration of all components within the BI solution as well as interfaces. Managed project budgets, resource planning and project rollout scheduling. Provided regular status tracking and reporting of project progress and managed project trade-offs across program.
- Manage projects to extract, model, load and consolidate separate instances of SalesForce.com into a custom Oracle Enterprise Data Warehouse. Defined real-time data integration strategy utilizing Informatica SFDC plug-in. Provided Business Objects reporting solution to the Sales and Operations team. Responsible for all aspects of the project including scope, schedule, budget, architecture, and user adoption.
- Took over project that had turned red to extract Finance data from SAP BW/BI into EDW. Partnered with Finance organization in KPI evaluations, product reviews, proof of concept, definition of ROI goals and integrity of BI business requirements to develop reporting roadmap, establish EDW best practices and standards for extracting BW data and define project success/closure criteria. Led SAP /BWBI and EDW functional/technical teams to successful completion of multiple project releases. Championed rollout of Business Objects BOBJ WEBI for ADHOC reporting and Xcelsius dashboards to Finance community.
- Managed upgrade and replatform of SAP BO Data Services from version 3.1 on Sun Solaris to version 3.2 on IBM AIX and migrated off legacy DQXI and FirstLogic applications. Designed and built global address cleansing engine and worked with teams across the globe to test and deploy. Responsible for infrastructure, security and decommission plan for legacy systems.
- Regularly analyze project P&Ls to ensure ROI; establish enterprise data warehouse & BI best practices and standards; develop, coach and motivate team members. Manage project budgets to $5M.
BI Program Manager
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects with development teams of up to 20 resources each. Define project plans, manage resources, identify risks, resolve issues, and approve all artifacts. Create, maintain and present weekly status reports and adjust staffing as required to meet budgets, milestone and completion dates.
- Chair steering committee for OSM program. Drive agenda, ensure projects align to strategy. Developed 2010 project priorities and cost/benefit models to deliver value and ensure funding needs for program met.
- Developed data governance process to help business move to standard product hierarchy and ensure current and future projects adhere to standards.
- Projects include email campaign analysis, product sales dashboard development, marketing dashboard development, integration of new data sources and data modeling to support third party search analytics. Deliverables used to measure and improve online sales and marketing efforts.
- Oversee report and dashboard development of Microstrategy/Teradata solutions utilizing vendor data sources such as Omniture, MediaPlex, Optimine and Unica.
- Liaise between business and technology teams to translate functional and non-functional requirements into architectural and reporting solution options.
Director Business Intelligence
- Provide oversight, team assembly, resource allocation, and budget and scope control on regional business intelligence initiatives within a larger enterprise BI program. Work involved a variety of technologies and platforms including BO, SAS, Cognos, Teradata and Oracle and diverse health plan projects including Revenue Cycle, Hospital Utilization, Claims, Self-Funding and financial analysis.
- Developed multi-year strategic plan complete with tactical roadmap, governance structure and business case for moving Northern California region away from legacy point solutions and towards an enterprise architecture.
- Reviewed and evaluated existing tools, procedures, and technical landscape to deliver reporting solution options that fit within BI roadmap while fulfilling business requirements and cost constraints.
- Partner with senior level business partners to understand their analytic and infrastructure needs, and work within highly matrixed technology organization to deliver tangible BI solutions. Formed and chair regional BI steering committee to prioritize and approve initiatives, communicate on projects, and ensure strategic alignment.
- Manage production support team (on-shore/off-shore) for enhancements and bug-fix to existing applications, and transition team towards off-shore/off-site only model. Manage relationships and coordinate work across global teams.