- Certified Senior Project Manager specializing in IT Project/Program Management for Infrastructure Expansion, Data Center Migration, Server and Storage Expansion, Enterprise Software Implementation (ERP, MRP, MES etc.), and Operations Improvement.
- Managed over 130 direct reports. Held P&L responsibility for $100MM operation, supported domestic & international clients (Japan, Europe and the Middle East, suppliers and US Government.
- Core strengths: IT or Technical Program/Project Management, Finance and Operations Management, Organization Change Management.
Management and MIS Consultant
- IT and management consultant for an array of small businesses:
- Doctors, Psychologists, Law Firms, Wholesalers, Manufacturers etc.
Confidential,Long Beach, CAResponsibilities:
- Implemented and managed a pilot program, paid for by the Nationwide Health Information Network, which gave Long Beach Memorial Hospital doctors and medical system members a data warehouse to store and access to patient records (EMR) through their computer systems.
- Managed hardware selection, LAN/WAN architecture, data center installation and configuration of 9 servers (Win 2K3 & SQL 2005) for hosting the HIN application software conforming to HL7 standards and FDA requirements.
- Developed security policies and CMDB for managing small server farm.
- Created team composed of LBMH IT crew and Memorial crew to implement system as well as the CMDB.
- Installation completed successfully, on time and under budget.
Senior Technical Residency Project Manager
Confidential,El Segundo, CAResponsibilities:
- Installed two GigaMAN links, Cisco 9513 switch fabric, DMX4, Celera, 3 CX3 - 80 clusters, 4 Centera clusters, and NS80G NAS.
- Managed cross functional team of 6, project meetings, produced project plan, documentation & validation requirements - including Visio drawings, client communication and project reporting which went to the customer and to Senior EMC management.
- Developed CMDB for project.
- Project successfully completed and handed off to EMC Consulting Group for migration phase.
Initiatives & Implementation Program Manager
Confidential,Los Angeles CAResponsibilities:
- Managed storage and infrastructure projects for Global IT Operations.
- Projects included EMC SAN & NAS storage (DMX, CDL etc.), IBM mainframe and mid-range servers, LAN/WAN infrastructure, OC12 installation, Cisco 9513 switches, Disaster Recovery, backup (TSM) & replication (SRDF) projects, tape (STK 700 & 8500), hardware and software evaluations, business process improvement and business case development, cost and risk analysis etc.
- Developed CMDB for critical servers and tracking backups.
- Budget overruns caused layoff of all contract employees.
IT Project Manager
Confidential,Seal Beach, CAResponsibilities:
- Heavy vendor and Division Management interaction in migrating and integrating assets into Seal Beach Regional Center, preparatory to moving the center to Phoenix, AZ.
- Managed LAN build-out, installation, power, heat load and connectivity issues.
- Switches: (Cisco 9509 / 9513 MDX) and configuration of HP blade (BL25p and 45p, DL385/585/740) and other servers - SUN 150s to midrange; IBM P690, P550 installations, moves and migrations.
- Addressed WAN issues in moving the servers and keeping their functionality.
- Worked with EMC to evaluate present systems and establish process, policies, procedures, support systems, run books and training for region (LAN/WAN, SAN, NAS, HBAs etc.) conforming to ITIL standards (RASCI). (Change & Configuration Management)
- Focal on process development team for storage (EMC & Netbackup), server and disaster recovery processes, security and internal customer support systems. Managed exploration of backups to virtual servers and the cloud.
- Process owner for organization change - wrote standards, developed metrics and training for server consolidation and migration as well as storage management projects using Rational Clearquest tool for change management process within the region. HPUX, IBM AIX, SUN Solaris, Win2K3 OS.
- Developed budgeting and cost models and CMDB database for tracking DCO changes to over 600 servers & storage devices in local data center as well as in other regional locations.
- Part of team implementing Oracle DB for company-wide CMDB and recovery planning.
- Managed over 30 projects, some concurrently, server migrations and integration, data center build out, data warehouse creation and data mining, new installations, backup and DR solutions, application/interface development, (SDLC - Java & ASP) WAN project implementations for regional director and senior management with the use of an Excel-based CSR reporting dashboard.
- Reduced annual operating costs over $600K and over $5MM in server costs through the elimination of over 350 servers.
- Part of a team to evaluate and define strategic direction for regional IT planning by evaluating requirements, costs and risks.
- Managed up to 20 indirect reports.
- Received Boeing’s PMI and Cost certifications.
- Received an award for achievement on DCO program (rare for Boeing.)
IT Project Manager
Confidential,Redondo Beach, CAResponsibilities:
- Managed Space Technology help desk conversion project from Remedy to Peregrine.
- In a matrixed organization, created project budgets, gathered, established and wrote requirements for FAR reporting, process flows & procedures per ITIL standards, set up project planning, process requirements and UAT databases, software development requirements, software evaluation and validation, Data Center and WAN connectivity and network infrastructure changes, identity and interface requirements development - Java (i.e. Agile, Crystal Reports, Web Logic middleware), reporting and metrics requirements (SLA), EVMS, NetApp storage, vendor management and project schedules in MS Project.
- 5 indirect reports.
- Project completed on time and on budget.
Project Controls Engineer
- Set up and managed program controls, cost estimates and budget, risk and costing models, Project Plan, WBS, WBS dictionary, EVMS, Project dashboard, Risk Management Plan and Configuration Management Plan for a $15MM, 5 year NSF scientific software development project (Distributed Data Analysis for Neutron Scattering Experiments.) Assignment completed successfully.
IT Project Manager
Confidential,Redondo Beach, CAResponsibilities:
- Project Manager for internal IT projects: In a matrixed organization: created business cases and project budgets with the Manufacturing Manager.
- Wrote policies and procedures, business and manufacturing process redesign - process improvement, set up project WBS, EVMS, EAC, cost estimates, cost/benefit analysis. Worked with FAR requirements for DOD projects.
- Prepared budget and NPV analysis, risk analysis, project planning, infrastructure change planning, resource allocation & change control plans, use cases, UAT, software QA, (full SDLC - Agile, some sprints) and project schedules in MS Project.
- Developed tracking database for project status and EVMS reporting.
- Evaluated Niku Open Workbench for use at NG.
- Managed projects involving PMO migration, restricted area manufacturing process control (Solumina MES) and ERP.
- Supply Chain Management - process improvement, vendor information, vendor rating, supplier information requests, collaboration and external Internet access to PLM data warehouse (MatrixOne on Oracle) via authentication middleware, including SAN & datacenter requirements, document imaging, network identity and security issues, online catalogue interface (IBM & Amex), SOX and policy development.
- Developed and managed an interface project for legacy financial systems (AMMS), software evaluation and requirements definition (Agile because of many changes), Web Logic middleware development, planning for migration to SAP, a web based collaboration project (eRoom), building LAN/WAN network and TELCO infrastructure, including a DOD secure network, desktop rollouts and various POC projects.
- Worked to CMMI level 5 standards and with 6-Sigma teams.
- Used Hyperion & Lawson, managed interface, security & conversion issues from Lawson & AMMS to Hyperion (received some training in Hyperion), MPM 3.0, MS Project 2000, Documentum eRoom - web-based program document imaging and retrieval system for NPOESS.
- Supervised vendors and IPTs of up to 12-15 on projects, often through other managers.
Senior IT Project Manager - UNIX systems
Confidential,El Segundo, CAResponsibilities:
- Manager for UNIX environment IT projects: Wrote business cases, set up project WBS, EVMS, cost estimates, risk analysis, cost/benefit analysis, schedules & managed initial phases of $8MM 50TB SAN project, bringing together 3 IT units (Servers, Applications & Networks) to cooperate on the project.
- Managed IPT's for server, network infrastructure and application changes for 480-500 servers using BSS PMP gated process, excel dashboard and MS Project tools.
- Recreated project plan, reestablished controls and WBS for $25MM, two year Disaster Recovery Project and datacenter build out, bringing it back on track (Fiber backbone, dual path, multiple locations (WAN & HA failover).
- Championed the use of EVMS for project cost control; Performed CAD lab and system upgrades, installation of Sun 420R to E10K servers and application changes/data migrations and desktop rollouts (MS Office, Lotus Notes, etc).
- Worked extensively with Senior Management, internal customers, external suppliers, System Administrators, Application Developers, DBA’s, hardware and network technicians etc. building a cooperative team for systems analysis, needs assessments (SDLC), root cause analysis, software evaluation and development, process improvement, security, server and infrastructure upgrades & changes, user acceptance testing and completion of the projects at hand.
- Developed CMDB for UNIX servers.
- Wrote whitepaper outlining the need for SAN implementation for senior management.
- Received project management, UNIX server troubleshooting, Oracle system administration and project costing training.
- Supervised IPTs of up to 28-30 on projects.
Director of Product Development
- Internet startup company providing web based medical assessment and personal profile tools for the B2B market.
- Responsible for the application architecture, logic, development (full SDLC) and testing of web-based interactive medical assessment tools - including graphic design and development of 3500 field medical information tracking database (EMR data warehouse).
- Supervised medical content production staff of 6 developers and 8 doctors in questionnaire / profile design using a VB, ASP interface, SQL backend and RAD methodology (forerunner to Agile).
- Installed and supported network infrastructure and servers (WIN 2K), phone system and servers in two facilities.
- DotCom - out of business.
Manufacturing Operations Consultant
- Developed production, supply chain and distribution systems for startup manufacturer of energy efficient lighting units.
- Worked with US Customs on import export issues and with UL on product certification.
- Established QC and purchasing systems, production forecasting, vendor agreements, reviewed designs for manufacturability, met with vendors and subcontractors, both in the US and in Taiwan to finalize design, manufacturing and quality assurance issues.
- Managed strategic planning and marketing push for new products.
- Completed contract to set up operations.
Confidential,Los Angeles, CAResponsibilities:
- Project Manager for LA Unified School District network installation at Hamilton High School.
- Produced project technical submittals, performed CATV distribution system calculations, produced CATV system and TCP/IP network drawings.
- Managed multimode fiber, Ethernet, CATV, Fire and Security systems installation, testing and certification, from head end and network patch panels to wall jacks and sensors and supervised contractor and team of 18-20 on project.
Operations & MIS Consultant
- Organized operations for wholesale mail-order distributor of grocery products.
- Set up call center for telemarketing effort (60 agents); installed new accounting system, converting to client-server system from standalone installation.
- Installed, point of sale software, converted data and integrated POS system, HRIS and payroll software, call center and accounting systems to central ERP system.
- Installed and configured networks and telephone system in new facilities including a VPN between two facilities and T1 installation (CSU / DSU).
Contract Manufacturing Consultant
Confidential,Newbury Park, CAResponsibilities:
- Evaluated and streamlined operations & management systems for a $15 MM manufacturer of fabricated metal products - sheet metal and machined parts.
- Deliverable was a report on operations and recommendations for process improvements - including evaluation of current accounting/shop floor control software and recommendation for replacement MRP system and focus on lean manufacturing.