- 18 years of strong Program & Project Management experience including 6+ years leading a cross - functional team for development and delivery of a Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse solution and 8+ years in Infrastructure Modernization & Service Operations.
- Proficient at eliciting business needs, finalizing project scope and managing concurrent deliveries to disparate clients.
- Expert in data/process modeling and engineering solutions. Hands-on technical experience in design & development.
- Exemplary critical & analytical thinking and communication skills, sharp business acumen, adept at fostering relationships.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, diligent to details, passionate about achieving targets and ensuring successful solution adoption.
Methodologies: Waterfall & Agile SDLC (Unisys, AT&T IT/UP), UML, PMI, ISO9000/9001, CMM, BPR
Technologies: Oracle (OBIEE/12c/ODI/DRM/MDM/OLS), Microstrategy, Java, C/C#, Pascal, SQL, DB2, COBOL/CICS/JCL
Tools: MS Project/Office/Visio, ER-WIN, QA Complete, Plutora, Subversion, ArcGIS, Salesforce, Sage
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCESenior Director, Operations
- Delivered design, development & productization of BI/DW solution in < 7 months.
- Assisted sales in securing Deutsche Bank as a flagship client < 6 months from product launch.
- Hands-on Project Delivery record: 95% on-time & within budget, 100% client satisfaction.
- Baselined core solution requirements and led Engineering on key architectural specifications & development.
- Supported sales on RFPs, implemented POCs at client sites and directly led all key client delivery engagements.
- Assessed client BI readiness (incl. data quality) & baselined high-level business & technical requirements & project scope & budget.
- Finalized overarching delivery roadmap & project priorities with program sponsors and conceptual BI architecture with IT Dept.
- Updated project artifacts (schedule, risk, budget, resource, QA, change management, training & doc. plans, progress reports)
- Led Agile cross-functional teams to elicit business use cases for feature-driven delivery of custom solution by defining/modeling/prototyping & implementing:
- User classes & reporting needs (stnd./ad-hoc/data mining), Dashboards (KPIs, alerts/escalations, visualizations), Scorecards
- Querying & analytics (OLAP drill - downs/roll-ups, slicing/dicing pivots, custom stats & metrics, trend/predictive-analytics)
- Data sources (CRM, ERP, etc.) & sizing and ETL (connections, schedule, data-flow, -cleansing, -integrity, -exception handling)
- Solution deployment & information architecture, including a customized Data Model with supporting cubes, marts & MDM
- Slowly Changing Dimensions, data historization/time-stamping, security/encryption, archiving, etc.
- Transformations from existing legacy BI system (if any) as well as Operational Data Store requirements (if required)
- Managed team responsible for Data Quality & Governance Improvement Initiatives at several client sites.
- Supervised Test Driven development and drove rigorous QA processes (e.g. ETL performance/DB regression).
- Oversaw project documentation for data sources, custom data model & dictionary, metadata, business logic, analytics, visuals, etc.
- Managed release configuration as well as system and user training efforts for smooth roll out via change management processes.
- Input client specifics to support teams & followed up systematically to ensure effective BI adoption & highest user satisfaction.
Senior Director, Operations
- Directly led large, rapid-deployment, high-performing Engineering & Delivery teams to successfully deliver over 10+ time-critical, strategic, multi-year, $MM+ project engagements at key, high-value accounts to cement business relationships.
- Contributed 18%+ to corporate bottom line by raising resource utilization to over 98% & improving net margins by 20% Y-O-Y.
- Supported Sales to grow service revenues by 500% to $20MM by targeting new and cross- & up- selling to existing accounts.
- Staffed & managed a team of global development & delivery professionals.
- Rapidly built capacity to support concurrent development & delivery of high-value solutions and global client services.
- Directly led key client engagements via scoping SOWs & finalizing project, resource, QA, risk, doc. & training plans, budgets. Clients incl: IBM, FedEx, Citibank, Government of Australia (DIMIA), City Colleges of Chicago, Veba Oil, SDC-Finance, Temenos.
- Coordinated activities between key stakeholders (Biz-Dev, Product Management, Engineering, Delivery, Business Partners).
- Strengthened business processes & toolset to streamline/map resources to meet customer requirement/schedule.
- Developed KPIs to measure resource utilization and productivity in order to optimize project profitability.
- Owner of profit-center activities incl: forecasting, capacity planning, resource management, sales, service & vendor contracts.
Senior Project Director
- Strengthened SW development & project methodologies to achieve 97% success rate: (on-time, in-budget, client-satisfied).
- Strengthened PMO and led ISO 9000/9001 and CMM certifications for development, delivery and support organizations.
- Turned around several $1M+ jeopardized projects from other PMs to successfully deliver mission-critical solutions.
- Managed up to 8 concurrent development & HW/SW solution deliveries to banking and government clients.
- Projects incl: HQ & Branch Automation, Internet Infrastructure & Security, Document Imaging & Processing, Enterprise Asset Management, Data Capture for GIS mapping, Freight Management, complex B2B & B2C Websites and more…
- Produced all project artifacts; including project, risk, resourcing, QA, integration, documentation and training plans, etc.
- Worked with Business and Engineering during SDLC (Agile/Waterfall) for prioritizing and smooth delivery of functionality.
- Managed development, delivery, QA, documentation and training teams.
- Full project P&L responsibility. Worked closely with Finance & Procurement. Managed external partners & procurement.
- Engaged extensively with Sales in bid qualification, proposal development, contract development and client negotiations.
- Managed and grew regional telecom practice from 20 to 140+ high-tech consultants (Revenue Growth: $2MM to $17MM).
- Increased profit margin from 14% to 23% and lengthened average engagement contract by 80%.
- Reduced consultant bench time by 50% to achieve average of 97% billable hours.
- Defined strategy and led sales to penetrate new accounts.
- Worked with recruiters for staffing and managed account teams.
- Direct engagement with key client procurement, senior management and hiring managers.
- Developed technology, process and quality training program for field consultants.