- ]Skilled professional with around 7 years of experience developing mobile technologies, including Blackberry/ Android applications, J2ME, Symbian OS, Motorola OS, and Flash Lite.
- Proven history of progressive leadership, most recently as Project Lead on several high-profile projects; managed teams of up to 30 employees.
- Directed all phases of projects, from initial requirements gathering and project kick-off through on-time delivery and final reporting.
- Consistently support multiple projects/systems requiring advanced technical expertise.
- Develop and test generic customizable mobile solutions, such as social networking solution, navigation application, workforce management apps, games, and enterprise data warehousing applications.
- Worked with Social Media API’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter on mobile handsets.
- Extensive knowledge of software development models/standards CMMI and ensured project compliance with them.
- Understanding “As Is” process, process scenarios, gaps, risks and proposing “To Be” process to internal teams and customers.
- Worked with presales team for finalizing the compliance and technical requirements and helped them in finalizing the scope of work.
Environments: Blackberry, Android, Symbian Series 60, Symbian Series 80, Motorola
- Technologies / Languages: J2ME, Blackberry, Flash Lite 1.1/2.0, Java, WML, Android
- Tools: Nokia Series 60/80 SDKs & Emulators, Blackberry JDK4.3.0 and 4.2.1,4.5.0, 4.6.0, 4.7.0, 5.0.0 Java Wireless Toolkit, Sprint WTK, Flash Professional 8
- Flash Scripting Languages: Flash Lite Action Script 1.0, Action Script 2.0
- Devices: Nokia, Motorola, Samsungs, LGs, Sony Ericssons, Blackberry
- Languages: J2ME, Java, Android, Blackberry
- DBMS: SQL Server, MySQL
- Special Software: Perforce, Accurev, CVS, VSS
- Other tools : Eclipse ME®, Blackberry JDE 4.2.1,4.3.0,4.5.0,4.6.0,5.0,6.0 Visual Developer\'s Studio®, Code Warrior®, Flash Professional 8
Confidential, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
May 2011- Nov 2011
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts, US
July 2010- April 2011
Kronos Workforce Mobile
Technology: Blackberry, J2ME, Android, and iPhone
Supported Agile-based development of client server enterprise application consisting of Workforce Mobile Manager & Workforce Mobile Employee. Served as project lead on a team of 15 members and delegated tasks to staff; collaborated and communicated with Boston-based customer team and developed major modules in the application.
Scope of responsibility included:
- Creating code architecture of BB app.
- Was involved in the development of the major modules in the project like the XML parsing, UI layer and Network layer.
- Worked on REST based web-services using HTTP protocol on mobile devices.
- Performed on device debugging to solve certain issues.
- Partnering with UI team to devise wireframes and mockups for app on all platforms.
- Driving Sprint planning and retrospection sessions; conducting technical analyses of Sprint stories.
- Helped team members in solving their technical issues in the project
- Preparing project reports and providing build releases to client.
Confidential, Seattle, Washington, US
Dec 2009- June2010
V CAST Media Manager
Served as Team Lead and managed team of 5 during development of Blackberry client application for Verizon; app allowed users to access media files stored on Digital Vault from Blackberry Storm device and was part of Verizon’s pre-installed app deployment on BB Storm series. Contributions included:
- Gathering initial requirements and presenting technical solution at kickoff in Ireland.
- Leading technical discussions with client and preparing/distributing all project reports.
- Debugging issues on device and Emulator; tracking and managing bugs using JIRA.
- Developing complete Network module in app.
- Performed code integration of UI and Network Layer
- Worked on SOAP based web services in the application.
- Preparing build releases and release notes for client.
Confidential, Los Angeles, California
June 2007- Oct 2009
GPS-based Navigation Application
Technology: J2ME, Blackberry, Ant
Supported design and development of real-time, navigation-based application that has ability to search and map places, including recent searches, favorites, addresses, intersections, and airports. App features Zoom in and Zoom Out functionality, bookmark function, ability to mark favorites, and obtain directions between source and destination locations. Project components included:
- Yellow Pages: Static Navigation Application (July – December 2008)
- AAAMobile: GPS-based Navigation Application (July – December 2008)
- Worked onsite as Team Lead.
- Managed new implementations of added features in AAA code base.
- Identified and fixed bugs; performed porting tasks.
- Consulted with OEMs to investigate pre-commercial phones issues.
- Gokivo Navigator: GPS-based Navigation Application (January - June 2009)
- Developed billing module for Gokivo application onsite.
- Implemented client-server interaction to support trial, subscription, and authentication in billing.
- Debugged issues on device and on Emulator.
- VZ Navigator: GPS-based Navigation Application (June - November 2007)
- Completed device porting on application for different device.
- Implemented enhancements, including whole key handling in BB app; symbol pop-up menu to display special symbols; and double key tapping in application to support two characters on a key.
Confidential, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
July 2005-May 2007
Senior Software Engineer
J2ME Client for Field Survey for HealthCare Organization
Supported development of framework for clients that allows users to access application functionalities offered by solutions built on server. Application consists of server-side framework and collection of thick clients designed for hand-held operating environments. Project drew on expertise with storage on mobiles, as well as compression of XML for using device for mobile communication. Duties included:
- Working on data interaction of application and managing interaction of app with server-side component.
- Developing rules for compressing XML and developing UI for application on mobiles; completed data compression on server side.
Customized Controls Library (InterraIT)
Mlearning Framework (Interra IT)
Technology: J2ME, PHP Script, SQL DB
B.Tech (Computer Science)
Confidential, New Delhi, India – 2005