Confidential,Atlanta Manager-Materials, Supply Chain Logistics & Distribution March 2005 through Present
Develop and implemented optimal network strategies that maximize service levels while minimizing operational cost through the management of internal and external functional groups. Materials and Supply Chain experience in the aerospace, automotive and telecom industries with manufacturing experience in high volume and high mix multi-manufacturing operations. Supply Chain expert in master scheduling, production control, shop floor control, logistics, warehousing, distribution and customs. Cross-functional leadership and collaboration with ODM’s, CM’s, FF, 3PL’s and raw material suppliers that focus on delivery and cost reduction. Highly focus on optimizing the flow of raw materials and finish goods through different material flow models applying six-sigma and lean manufacturing. Managed and directed the following functions and programs for the Materials manufacturing solutions organization:
- Warehousing of raw materials (Managed over 24,000) SKU’s of raw material
- Logistics-Collaborated with suppliers 3PL’s, CM’s, FF, transportation carriers and customs brokers (Import/Export)
- VMI Hubs –Managed 3PL warehouses in the USA and Mexico (200k sq ft.)
- Manage Distribution centers 200k sq. ft (pick, pack and ship) shipping $7M daily that included the reverse logistics
- Trade Expertise in NAFTA, IMMEX, MOCEIME and ITAR
- Lead the materials organization in a 6,000 employee manufacturing operation
- Implemented the use of the FTZ and other trade programs
- Lead teams in the implementation of lean manufacturing and six sigma projects
- Developed Materials/Logistics Scorecard (KPI’s) with focus on Shipping DPMO’s , Inventory Turns, On time Delivery and cost reduction
- Supply Chain Management- procurement of indirect and direct materials to support multi-manufacturing operations
- Production control -managed master scheduling and material planners for over2600 SKU’s of finished goods
- Inventory control- (Shop floor control) Managed over $200 million dollars of raw materials per month
Confidential, Regional-Materials Manager/Supply Chain
July 2003 through March 2005
Directed the supply chain organization for multiple manufacturing operations that consisted in forecasting, capacity planning, master scheduling, inventory control, warehousing and procurement. Executed the material production plan and material replenishment process managing the supply chain function through a central organization of buyers, planners and master schedulers. The procurement function consisted of selecting, negotiating and executing contracts with domestic and overseas suppliers for twelve manufacturing plants located in Mexico and Honduras. Managed all direct and indirect material purchases. Coordinated and lead in the implementation of systems, metrics and lead continuous lean manufacturing improvements.
Confidential,General Manager-Logistics Operations-Mexico
March 1998 through June 2003 (1999, 2000 and 2001 Penske President Award Recipient)
Provided in country leadership in strategic and operational planning and execution activities for multiple manufacturing and warehousing operations in Mexico. Responsibility for the region that included business development, profit and loss and operational excellence. Managed customers, people, equipment and resources that impacted project execution, budgets, schedules and revenue. Provided regional leadership and coordinated the business development, legal, governance, environmental and strategic planning. Lead teams to support and execute continuous improvement initiatives utilizing six Sigma, lean Manufacturing in and Synchronize Material Flow process techniques. Developed business cases for business opportunities in Mexico where Penske Logistics would increase market share and optimize resources and capital.
Confidential,Manager Materials-Procurement and Logistics
January 1990 through March 1998
Directed over two hundred employees in a 3000 employee manufacturing operation that produced custom power supplies for the Telecom Industry in Mexico. Directed the functions of procurement (direct/indirect) and internal/external logistics that included a Global provisioning center, receiving, inventory control, shipping, distribution, replenishment, import/export compliance and warehousing engineering. Selected, contracted and managed 3PL’s and transportation providers to support domestic manufacturing operations and distribution centers. Established processes, procedures for import and compliance for manufacturing facilities located in USA, Asia, Mexico and Brazil.
Directed and managed the strategic procurement function that included new product introduction material planning, sourcing, contracting and the implementation of leading edge procurement initiatives. The Material Management function consisted of: Sourcing, Contracting, Purchasing, Transportation, Material Quality Engineering, Incoming warehouse located in Brownsville, Texas. Developed and implemented a Supplier Development Program to reduce cost and bring supplier proximity to the manufacturing Operations.