- Over 18 years of strong hands - on technical, business and project leadership skills in architecting, design, and implementation of large-scale enterprise software applications using Java, JEE technologies including Amazon AWS services and Google Cloud Platform
- A diverse background in architecting technical solutions with experience in creating enterprise architecture documents, product functional specifications, design specification with focus on business priorities.
- Managed and lead successful delivery for medium to large sized, complex technology projects from planning to go-live implementation using a disciplined approach to SDLC (Waterfall and Agile) and project management and risk management best practices.
- Excellent knowledge on designing system architecture and solutions using AWS services - EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, RDS, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Hands on experience configuring VPC, monitoring using Cloud Watch for operational excellence.
- Previous experiences of over 12 years in Application Software Development Platform - Java / JEE, SOA/Web Services, multi-threading, JPA/ORM, UI - HTML/CSS/Java Script/React JS
- Experienced in collaborating and mentoring large multi-cultural, cross functional, development and application support teams in onshore/offshore delivery model for large volume enterprise applications,and in 24*7 production environmentsfollowing ITIL/ITSM best practices and adhering to SLA(s).
- Able to drive multiple projects simultaneously. A self-starter, a fast learner and a team player with high adaptability to new technologies and work environment.
- Excellentwritten and oral communication skills, experienced in setting and managing expectations at various levels of stakeholders.
Platform: EJB, JPA/Hibernate, Spring Framework, XML, JSF, JSP/ Servlet, Struts, MVC, JMS, JDBC, SOA - JAX-WS, JAX-RS, WS-Security, SOAP, WSDL, REST
Frameworks: Spring, Spring MVC, Struts, SOA/Web services/SOAP/REST, Design patterns, integration patterns/ Apache Camel, Liferay portlet (JSR 168/286)
Database: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, working knowledge on DB2 and MS SQL Server
Application Servers: JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty in Linux/AIX
IDE(s) and tools: Eclipse, JBoss Studio, RAD, Git, Jenkins, Stash, JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce, SVN, CVS, Ant, maven/MVN, Clearcase, Junit, TestNG, Selenium, App Dynamics, Static Code Analyzer, Sonar
Enterprise application development in Cloud: AWS and Google Cloud Platform, micro services, Java/JEE/SOA, Web /UI technologies, ORM, mobile applications, Budgeting and Forecasting, Cost controlRisk Management
Client / Vendor Relations: Change Management, Resource Management, Service Delivery, Contract Negotiations, SharePoint, Clarity, MS Project, Power point, Excel, MS Visio, JIRA, Sales Force, Confluence, Rally
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Architect and Project Manager
- Design, architect, and implement next generation system architecture and automation solutions using AWS services - EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, RDS, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, SQS, SNS, ElastiCache, DNS, Route 53
- Hands on experience configuring VPC, monitoring using Cloud Watch for operational excellence. Provide technical leadership, project guidance, in various areas for cloud implementation and migration;
- Advise Confidential ’s technology delivery leadership on translatingclient infrastructure and automation business requirements into executable technology solutions, with transition plans;
- Acts as a technical liaison between project stakeholders, service engineering teams and support;
- Review and audit of existing solution, design and system architecture, and define common development processes, platform and tools usage for solutions and delivery using Spring - boot/MVC. ReactJS, Redux
- Act as subject matter expert in systems, infrastructure, automation, and security architecture conforming to NIST and PCI DSS standards.
- Drive Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery automation project implementation by working closely with delivery teams, network security teams and operations and maintenance teams.
- Interface with cross functional stakeholders to communicate project constraints, risks and key development roadmaps ensuring comprehensive adherence to best practices across all operations.
Environment: - Java SE 1.8, Java EE/ Spring - Boot/MVC, React JS, JPA / Hibernate, Oracle/MySQL, SQL, Eclipse, Veracode, Windows, Linux, Git, Jenkins, maven, Artifactory, Docker, AWS services, micro services and API Gateways - APIGee / Zuul
Confidential, Atlanta, GASoftware Engineer
- Work on customer projects as technical analyst interfacing with clients, functional team and PMO
- Analyze, design and develop custom extensions and enhancements over core product modules using Spring FW, Hibernate, REST and Oracle/DB2
- Triage integration issues, production incidents and provide solution fix.
- Provide deployment guides with instructions to implement the customizations to production environment through Salesforce SDN.
- Configure CI build environments using Jenkins, Gradle, Git, Stash
- Install SCM product suite at client data centers for production environment and integration with other external vendor products, and infrastructure services (AD/LDAP, load balancers, firewall).
- Work closely with cross functional teams (functional, infrastructure, PMO) to support production go-live.
- Collaborate with offshore support team to better distribute the tasks to test, and deliver customizations within acceptable quality criteria.
- Manage multiple strategic initiative projects for scope, schedule and cost.
- Work closely with functional and technology representatives to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Lead and direct multiple strategic, investment projects (enterprise web application and mobile applications) using a defined standard project management methodology following PMBOK guide.
- Develop and tracks project schedules to ensure timely completion of project
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain standard project management documentation, document best practice artifacts from successful implementations.
- Manages issue, risks and RAID logs including management of issues through to resolution.
- Stakeholder management; coordinate, communicate and support stakeholders, implementers
- Effectively apply project planning methodology and enforce project standards in rigorous daily / weekly / monthly execution rhythms, use templates and diligently manage information.
- Manage multiple projects, negotiate supplier contracts/SOW, managed total yearly Confidential budget of $10M
- Provide technical leadership for new product development using Java / JEE from application design, to application go-live in production.
- Establish performance benchmarks and Service Level Agreement/SLA(s) for responses from service endpoints.
- Design and implement money transfer workflow, integrating with fraud detection engine using asynchronous, even driven programming through JMS.
- Implement web services security for RESTful service endpoints following best practices - session based authentication by establishing a session token by using an API key, input validation and content types, and protecting http methods based on user authentication.
- Provide Failure point analysis for the applications’ CI.
- Provide Operations and technology leadership to application maintenance and 24x7 production support teams.
- Implemented automated applications performance monitoring in production environment for multiple applications.
- Outcome -
- Faster incident triaging and reduced application downtime.
- Effective utilization of team ‘s effort due to reduced handling of Severity 1 & 2 incidents by 75%
- Represent at various levels of technical, operating and project meetings.
- Report engagement status updates and risks to stakeholders at various levels of operations and governance meetings.
ConfidentialTechnical / Architect
- Provide project planning and delivery leadership inclusive of gathering business requirements, scope definition for Citibank’s retail market projects.
- Coordinate team efforts to create detail requirements documents, work break down structure, activity sequence.
- Estimate cost for work packages and determine budgets, allocate reserves for contingencies.
- Determine schedule following iterative approach in terms of delivery and testing.
- Plan for risks management; determine strategies and contingencies.
- Monitor and control project plan to be within the constraints' limits.
- Manage resources across multiple geographies, scope of work, risks, budget up to $4 M.
- Architected, designed and developed the complete solution using OOA/D techniques, using design patterns to process high volume trading data implemented using Java multithreading.
- Provided design documents using UML tools and implemented the framework level library classes that can be reused by application developers.
- Integrated the WS-Security features for the application aligning with Confidential ’s Single-Sign-On (SSO) policy and using Entrust certificates.
- Designed and implemented data transformation framework using Talend Open Source ETL Tool for high volume data processing and transforming relevant pieces of data useful for reporting and analytics by using a data mart.
- Used hibernate advanced features like second level cache with EHCache as cache provider and Oracle Managed View for performance gain.
- Translate business requirements to technical designs using wireframes, proof of concepts, data modeling and application design principles.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to application development and architecture, high level and low level designs using OO techniques and methodologies, design patterns, UML.
Confidential, San Jose
- Design custom pluggable framework components for Confidential ’s Network Management System products.
- Contribute to high level and low level design documents and functional specifications for middle tier and UI components using leading technology stacks of time (GWT, Ajax/dojo, EJB, spring, JPA/Hibernate).
- Design object models for network applications and participate and present design models and service contract definitions (SOA/ JAX-WS) to broader framework architecture team and application users.
- Follow Model Driven Architecture and Design and contribute to a top down approach for frameworks developed from scratch.
- Design major components for the products: Network Topology, Report Frameworks, Fault notification with multithread and asynchronous, event driven UI. Hands on implementation of the above application frameworks and integration with the larger product platform.
- Implemented Fault Manager that serviced high volume of network faults that were rendered in a multi-threaded UI environment. The framework used JMS 1.1 with JBoss MQ as JMS provider while browser based front-end component framework was designed with Ajax and reverse-Ajax (server push model).
- Report framework was designed as a pluggable, distributed architecture where framework provided the report‘s rendering capability using Jasper Reports library. The application plugins were designed to be responsible for capturing reporting data that varied based on applications; performance reports, inventory reports, etc. The core framework was built using EJB 3.0 and a custom registry using XML for applications to provide plugin meta-data. The framework provided a service interface by which the applications will plugin to the Report Framework.
- Implemented portal and portlet (JSR 168/286) development, personalization using Liferay portal server technologies.