- Program Manager, Portfolio Manager with over 20 years (14+ years of Program/Project Management) of work experience that envelopes Enterprise program management, handling multiple technology development projects.
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing state of the art information solutions facilitating corporate growth. Lead cross functional teams with diverse technical backgrounds. Designed budget controls. Adept at consensus building, crisis management, problem - solving and negotiating. Well rounded experience of delivery management of 4 full lifecycle large scale programs.
- Maintained continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and enhanced effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent. Steered initiatives towards achievement of organizational goals with focus on Management of Multiple Projects, Strategic Planning, Technology Management, Roadmap Creation, Hardware and Software Evaluation, Business Analysis, Change Facilitation/ Management, Disaster Recovery Management, Backup & Contingency Planning, Cost & Resource Deployment, Process Enhancement / Audits, Risk Management, Business Process Reengineering, Training & Development and People Management.
- Have experience in creating and executing the Master Program/Projects work plan to accomplish program goals within constraints such as Cost, Quality, Scope and Time standards.
- Managed teams of varying sizes (max size: 50 members)
- An enterprising leader with the ability to train and motivate cross-cultural teams in optimizing their performance levels
- Experience in diversified fields of Application Software Development, Maintenance and Re-Engineering projects in Web related applications
- Successfully expanded a team of 2 to more than 30 people and $5M in annual revenue
- Extensive experience with managing clients, budget, project scope, project team and senior management
- PMP certified and instrumental in the achievement of CMMI Level 2 & 3.
- Demonstrated solid Project Management discipline with a track record of projects completions within budget and a talent to motivate teams to achieve their maximum ability
- Proven proficiency in CMMI Levels and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, CMS - MITA Standards.
- Expertise in industry standard software development methodologies and practices
- Developed, maintained and reported to executive management on the project schedules and work plans. Coordinated the tasks with the teams, took remedial actions to stay on schedule.
- Led various enterprise wide initiatives by working with other projects teams to research, develop and present best practices and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills with solid team playing capabilities
Confidential, Washington DC
Sr. Project Manager
- Participated in PMO, Governance, and Change Control Board (CCB) Meetings. Conducted (twice) Weekly Status & Progress meeting with the leads from various verticals within the project.
- Involved in Resource Planning, Allocation and work assignments.
- Encouraged Team building activities encouraged the team to quarrel and shake hands to generate new ideas and increase the “Thought Process”.
- Involved in Risk Planning and Assessment. Created Risk Register, Workarounds & Contingency Plans. Involved in Cross functional training for the resources.
- Involved in creating milestones, and monitored the progress against the milestone.
- At times developed programs or SQLs due to shortage of resources for various reasons.
- 5% failure rate on Budget overruns on other projects.
- Conducted Periodic evaluation of the project progression, analyzed dashboards and made resource & schedule adjustments.
- Leveraged Agile/Scrum and Rapid Application Development (RAD) methodologies on various projects to deliver functional modules for testing on an accelerated schedule. Used various techniques including transfer solutions, enterprise frameworks, prototyping, wireframes, screen mockups, proof of concept
- Developed and provided Status reports for PMO.
- Provided inputs to the CCB to control the schedule of the project.
- Created and documented “Lessons Learned”.
- Created Tools and documents repository for organization for future projects/ fixed price contracts.
Confidential, Linthicum MD
Sr Implementation Manager
- Created and monitored Project schedule in MS project and provided weekly executive reports using Gantt Charts.
- Involved in JAD Sessions, Collecting Requirements. Involved in Analysis and Design, Walkthrough and getting Client Sign-off on the Design.
- Developed project wide goal and objectives. Created Project schedules in MS project and provided executive reports using Gantt Charts
- Provided Project wide status reports and resource allocation and utilization reports to the Client and the Stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiating skills to handle crisis situations and responsible for turn-around by providing efficient workarounds.
- Ensured compliance to program, policy and security and privacy requirements such as related to HIPAA, PII/PHI information by training courses, identifying any gaps and implementing remedial actions. Worked directly with state CIO, IT director and federal agencies ( Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - CMS, Internal Revenue Service - IRS) for implementation and approval of project procedures related to data security guidelines.
- Deeper understanding eligibility and enrollment systems rules including Food Stamps, TANF and Medicaid and CHIP
- Re-Structured/Organized & managed the team to improve performance and better utilization of the resources.
- Ensured the Web application and system integration with external systems done in alignment with CMS MITA standards.
- Initiated measures to align scope, schedule & resources to reduce cost and increased revenue to the Company.
- Effectively managed resources to avoid burn-outs for certain resources.
- Conducted Team Building and appreciation activities.
Confidential, Crystal City, VA
Technical Program Manager.
- Carried overall responsibility for the OPP account at Confidential, including managing the client, budget, scope, project team and delivery. Grew the team from 5 FTEs to more than 30 FTEs and $5 million in annual revenue.
- Oversaw the design and development of multiple concurrent web-based Java applications using an Oracle database and Documentum repository. Oversaw the design and implementation of several Business Objects solutions.
- Conducted numerous JAD sessions to gather end-user requirements and implemented a highly visual approach where a clickable HTML mockup application was presented to the users during the JAD session to minimize the risk for misunderstandings and rework.
- Provided key contributions to process improvement and achieving CMMI Level 2 in less than four months.
- Identified business development and 'add-on' sales opportunities as they relate to the specific program
- Establish and manage relationship with Internal and External stakeholders of the Program to Develop or assist in developing strategic/tactical business development plans
- Vendor contracts and Statement of Work / Contracts review and negotiation skills
- Collect and Analyze All Quality metrics / data available to measure project performance
- Help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
Confidential, McLean VA
Sr Technical Manager
- Worked with the team that responded to the RFP and Co-wrote the SOW.
- Successfully hired and managed the 30-member technical team (over $10M dollar budget for 3 years) to build a World-class Integrated Loan Processing Financial system.
- Responsibilities include Leadership and Management of the Global Professional team which included the outsourced components to NIIT Technologies.
- As part of the project’s Executive Steering Committee, presented the Project Technical progress reports with key deliverables and the estimates for any change requests for functionality, providing feedback for various issues/items on which critical decisions had to be made.
- Identified various Risks in advance and presented/implemented mitigation strategies.
- Program/Project management activities, work planning, estimation, issue management, scope management, staffing, conducting interviews
- Interaction with senior IT/ business leaders as well as technical partners at all levels of the organization
- Coordination and successful implementation of simultaneous development of projects
- Responsible for creating and executing the Master Program/Projects work plan to accomplish program goals within constraints such as Cost, Quality, Scope and Time standards
- Developed / identified metrics to measure Quality, Productivity, Utilization and schedule for diversified technology development projects.
- Provided technical leadership during crucial phases of the client initiative, focusing particularly on requirements gathering, technology selection, participation and review of prototypes, proof of concepts and initial system design, handled change requirements and negotiated time and resource norms as required.
- Implement & manage Change Control through out Project Life Cycles across the program.
- Identify, understand and ensure resolution of problems impacting project development.
- Demonstrated ability to identify information critical to the project and use this information to clarify issues and resolve work problems to meet project objectives.
- Identified the skill mix for the project and ramped up the team accordingly, Authorized trainings for the team
Sr Technical Consultant / Architect
- Involved in complete software development life cycle - Requirements gathering, Conceptual Design, Analysis, Detail design, Development, Mentoring, System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Develop the technical design, architecture, Use Cases and manage the project development process-using Rose.
- Analyze business requirements, develop functional and technical specifications, architect the system data flow and interface requirements of the projects.
- Role included performing R&D on newest technologies in the market and applying those successfully to our product.
- Utilized the UML methodology, developed Activity Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams to represent the dynamic view of the system.
- Actively interacted with the clients and train them to completely understand the product. and executed queries against the database to model and/or reproduce problems faced by customers
- Coordinated with team in troubleshooting and fixing production application issues.
- Implementation of automated application build process using ANT
- Designed and developed Enterprise Java Beans components (Session & Entity).
- Created JDBC Connection pool, JNDI entries and deployed outsourcing application in Websphere.
- Used Websphere Application Server to create, debug and deploy individual application modules.