- Over 14 years of IT experience out of which last 10 years have been focused on Maintenance, support and Service delivery.
- Over 4 years of project leading and management activities, with the last 2 years leading end - end migration of legacy Mainframe system to modern system.
- Over 14 years of experience in Analysis, development, conversion, enhancement, testing and support of mission critical business applications using formal software engineering methodologies. Has worked extensively Confidential client’s location and has the expertise in the onsite-onshore-offshore model managing technical teams.
- Involved in Development, Maintenance and Managing of various Applications using Mainframes and Informatica. Ability to work closely with end users and other programmers to turn out quality data processing solutions for the business community.
- Involved in BRD and design HLD and LLD. Technical architect while designing new products in insurance industry.
- Extensive knowledge in Data Analysis, Preparing dataflow diagrams for legacy modernization projects.
- Automation of the processes using VB script, Excel VBA.
- Data Archival using IBM Infosphere Optim, archive inactive data into flat file and restore it to database for analytics.
- Development of automation tools using REXX in mainframes.
- In depth knowledge in DB2 and IMS Databases, experience in DB2 stored procedures.
- Exposure to web-services using MQs.
- Exposure to the full cycle of software development including Requirements Analysis, Program Design, Development, Unit testing, System Testing, Integrated Testing, Maintenance and Documentation.
- Exposure to Agile scrum environment.
- Well versed in Incident Management, fixing batch job failures in Production and pre-production environments, handling tickets, prioritizing production issues, resolving production issues within SLA.
- Worked on to identify the required COBOL and JCL changes on Mainframe and wrote new programs and JCLs for doing conversion and also modified impacted components. .
- Expert knowledge in Life, Health insurance and Incentive Compensation systems. Broad experience in field compensation system.
- Provide trainings of key processes to the new team members to help them understand the business and work on compensation calculations.
- FLMI Level-I Certified (LOMA 280 and 290).
- Ensuring laid down processes are being followed, timely delivery, accurate code modification ensuring optimal performance, rigorous testing procedures Confidential various levels.
Environment: Cobol, JCL, CICS, Java, IMS-DB, VSAM, DB2, SPUFI, QMF, File-Aid, File Manager, Zeke, CA7, SAR, Abend-Aid, Endevor, Change M Service Delivery & Support Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Application Development, Technical Specification, Continuous Process Improvement, CyberLife, Lifepro.
Tools: Microsoft Project, MS Excel Macros, MS-Visio - BPMN, Informatica Power Center, Business Objects, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, IBM Infosphere Optim, TOAD.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
- Supporting Data restores for load testing team.
- Automate existing process to reduce the manual effort. This automation is performed using VB script and Excel macros.
- Schedule new test jobs in CA7.
- Enhance Optim utilities to include selective restore functionality.
- Coordinate with load test team and process renewals when test policies are due for renewal.
- Develop automated scripts to reduce manual effort wherever needed.
- Involved in performance tuning for DB2 queries and stored procedures.
- Extract data from legacy application and provide CSV files for analytics.
- Attend daily scrum calls and provide solutions for data problems.
- Responsible to migrate the code from User to Load Test environment. Coordinate build effort.
- Prepare comparison reports between legacy and modern applications.
- Extracting data as per the constraints provided by Load Test teams.
- Create Archive datasets using IBM Infosphere Optim and restore the database when needed as per business requirement.
ENVIRONMENT: COBOL, JCL, DB2 Optim, Stored Procedure, CICS, CA7, VBA macros, Sync Sort, File Aid, File Aid for DB2.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Worked as a production support analyst as primary on call person.
- Developing new COBOL DB2 programs. Analyzing and modifying existing complex code. Prepare test cases and plans for Unit testing and System testing.
- Developed DB2 stored procedure to web enable current report job.
- Develop online programs using Cobol CICS and IMS to instantly check car scheduling status.
- Create reusable tools using Rexx and Excel macros for data analysis.
- Track Service desk tickets based on priority and make sure to resolve them on time without missing SLA.
- Understand technical architecture and Prepare functional decomposition documents of CSS by drawing flow diagrams using BPMN.
- Work with web-services using MQs.
- Performed Data analysis for legacy modernization project by understanding complex data structures in IMS DB.
- Prepare conceptual and logical data modeling, used BPMN tool to prepare the diagrams.
- Worked on TOAD for querying the DB2 database.
- IMS data analysis using File-Manager.
ENVIRONMENT: COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, IMS DB, Stored Procedure, Xpeditor, MQ/Series, IBM Debugger, File-AID, File aid for DB2, Change Man, CA7.
Sr. Project Lead
- Analyze key processes in legacy ACS system and write the Business requirement documents.
- Prepare Data and logical flow diagrams using BPMN tool, this includes business flow by analyzing programs.
- Meet with end users and department heads to gather and document requirements, establish technical specifications, and set deadlines and milestones.
- Work with team to prepare datasets for Payee, Policy, Premium payment tables in ICM. This involves understanding existing data, extract data and provide CSV files to feed into the new database.
- Extract the rules to develop the rules engine. Prepare data for Rate and Special Rate consideration tables, which are key components to calculate Agent incentives.
- Involved in extracting the rules to calculate Base compensation, NAP, overwrite commissions.
- Work closely with team and provide technical assistance and support when there is a road block.
- Involved in the web-services using MQs.
- Developing reusable scripts using Sync SORT, batch and online Cobol programs for effective and faster testing.
- Participating in Client’s Change Management and Change Requests (CR’s) for any changes in existing processes.
- DB2 Performance analysis and optimization of stored procedures
- Project deliverables review and functional testing, client handling and communications.
- Played a major role in design and in making sure the following are implemented.
- Error Handling/reprocessing and Data reconciliation
- Data modeling of referential tables instead of file system.
- Maintaining history of the information loaded rather than a truncate reload
- Profiling the historical data to give metrics on data quality, understand the data challenges that could crop up.
- Closely monitoring code/database changes with respect to Change requests
- Development of ETL transformations for reconciliation logic from up steam systems.
ENVIRONMENT: COBOL, JCL, IMS DB, DB2, SPUFI, MQ/Series, Xpeditor, VSAM, Informatica PC, Oracle, SQL Server, ICM, File-Aid, Endevor.
- Analyze the technical components involved in Agency compensation system, document the technical and functional architecture diagrams. Interact with Subject Matter experts and business users and document the understanding.
- Preparation of technical & program specifications, coding of new programs and modifying existing programs in COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2 Stored procedures and VSAM. Building Easytrive programs for ad-hoc reports.
- Enhancement and development of new CICS programs to access the leads information by agents.
- Develop Rexx tools for many short cuts and ad-hoc reports. Also developing reusable tools wherever there is routine tasks involved.
- Incident management and provide L2 production support. As part of support create an EMER packages in Endevor.
- Analysis of Release, Technical Change & Data Change Application Requests (ARs). Post development migrate code into further levels using Endevor tool.
- Writing SQL queries in SPUFI for data extraction and generate reports. Build queries in spufi/qbe for extensive testing and implement optimized SQL queries in new COBOL/DB2 programs.
- Developed On-Line and Batch Mainframe programs using COBOL, CICS and DB2.
- Participation in Business meetings with the users & onsite counterparts. Coordinate with Infogix team when Out Of Balance issues.
- Providing & implementing ideas to improve the efficiency of the system i.e. Performance tuning of the system
- Adaptable to changing priorities, procedures and assignments. Maintaining stable performance under pressure
- Providing alternate designs for the assigned projects & take up new challenges.
ENVIRONMENT: COBOL, JCL, IMS DB, DB2, CICS, Xpeditor, VSAM, Zeke, Easytrive, FileAid, Endevor.
- As a team member responsible for analyzing the given enhancement/maintenance work which comes in the form of ITSR (Information Technology Service Request).
- Work with IT and Business users to evaluate complex user requests, projects, and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs
- Involved in preparing Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Technical Specification Documents (TSD) and Unit Test Plan (UTP).
- We will have a major release for every 2 months and will deliver the enhancement work and fixes for any defects through this major release.
- Analyze complex programs to understand the system and enhanced various functionalities.
- Supporting for Regression testing, System Integration Testing (SIT) defects
- Involved in Unit Testing (UT) for Enhancement work request involved.
- Participate in peer reviews for tech specs and UT Results.
- Code migration to next levels thru Endevor.
- Coordinated with QA team to provide the Business sign off.
- Supporting for SIT defects.
- Production cycle support, batch scheduling using Zeke.
ENVIRONMENT: Cobol, JCL, VSAM, Rexx, Endevor, Changeman, Zeke Scheduler.
Confidential - Plymouth, MN
- Communicating with the Onsite, Boston USA, for analysis and implementation of Work Requests and PM Tickets.
- Executing Work requests which involves analysis, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation
- Changes to the existing functionality / enhancing the existing functionality by making changes to the programs.
- Estimations and preparing technical specifications.
- Unit testing and designing test cases for modified code.
- Data extraction and analysis using SPUFI, QMF from DB2, using Sync Sort utilities from flat files and VSAM.
- Analyze and debug the code using Xpeditor, code migration using Change man.
- To ensure that timely and accurate status and metrics information provided to all levels.
- To review the Deliverables of the other teams within the project
- Work as a point of contact between Onsite and Offshore.
- To ensure quality of deliverables as per laid down processes.
ENVIRONMENT: Cobol, JCL, VSAM, DB2, SPUFI, MQ/Series, Abend Aid, File Aid, CA7 Scheduler, Endevor, Xpeditor.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Analyzing the work requirements and do the necessary maintenance work.
- Generating Adhoc reports requested by Customer.
- Offshore team is responsible for supporting Billing System. Bill Verification, Removals of erred out messages and numbers etc.
- Preparing test cases for testing the fixed problem. This activity includes Setting up test data to test the fixed problem
- Creating test cases and preparing UTR & UTP
- Production cycle support.
- Customer Account Maintenance System (CAMS).
- Service order Processing System.
- Message/Usage Processing System.
- Billing System.
ENVIRONMENT: Cobol, DB2, JCL, CICS, QMF, SPUFI, Endevor, Panvalet, Easytrive, Xpeditor.