Confidential,Columbia, South Carolina ,Aug 2011 - Current
Caterpillar: Precision Pin Product Group, Sumter, SC Aug 2011 to Current.
- Establish 2011 normal cost by identifying current product information to establish baseline.
- Conduct Standard Cost Revisions for over 1,000 products.
- Evaluate, revise, and document closing procedures while maintaining SOX and GAAP compliance.
Confidential, Columbia, South Carolina ,Nov 2007- Sep 2010
Fortune 500 company and nationwide leader in manufacturing, recycling, fabricating, and distribution of steel products.
Project Manager: May 2009 to Sep 2010. Identify opportunities to improve existing operations and assess the financial impact of alternate strategies.
- Team member and financial analyst for the BOD Smart Substitution Project.
- Process map Joist & Deck operations to identify key tasks and eliminate excess.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing operations and assess the financial impact of alternative strategies.
- Update Steel Inventory Procedures and Instructions for Control’s Manual, coordinating with multiple divisions and auditors to reduce risks.
Branch Controller: Nov 2007 to May 2009.Protect company resources and understands the profit motive. Through coaching and training work closely with management staff to understand their budgets and financial decisions and how it impacts operations. Develop staff to optimize focus on company and plant goals.
- Ensure that all accounting policies and procedures are in compliance with SEC, GAAP, and SOX.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and preparation of financial statements.
- Realigned department duties enabling a reduction of staff by 33% in the accounting department.
- Develop and prepare annual business plan, budgets and periodic budget updates and forecasts.
- Manage, direct, coach, lead, and motivate personnel to achieve plant goals and objectives in a timely and safe manner, while continuously striving to improve department efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Manage fixed asset inventory.
- Balance the needs to the plant with corporate requests
Career Note: Member of the Mobilis Steering committee. Ensure the organization’s resources are focused on the appropriate goals, that they are given the means to achieve those goals and that they are making adequate progress towards them. Base decisions on the organization’s strategy and the anticipated cost, payback and time frame of the various projects. Team efforts resulted in a cost savings of $238,000 in 2008 and $1,400,000 in 2009.
Confidential,Columbia, South Carolina ,2006-2007
Nationwide industry-leader of private label pasta production.
Assistant Controller: Hands-on controller of all daily financial functions, setting staff goals and expectations, ensuring safety, and optimizing company performance while keeping financial targets the forefront of manufacturing decisions. Coach managers and staff through establishing roles and responsibilities. Creat staff expectations, which include current roles and growth potentials.
- Continuously analyze opportunities to improve plant cost performance and be proactive in seeking out and implementing new ideas.
- Drive change and continuous improvement through the organization.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Review all internal controls throughout the plant to ensure that they are in compliance with GAAP and SOX to ensure all company assets are properly safeguarded
- Conduct audits in accounting, storeroom, warehouse, and logistics to ensure accurate reporting and controls are in place and make recommendations for changes as needed.
- Supervises accounting staff and maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Prepares budgets and forecast by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data and recommend plans for improvements.
- Prepare special reports by summarizing information and trends.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial reporting and accounting practices.
- Responsible for reconciliations, month end close, and accruals according to GAAP and SOX compliance.
Confidential, South Carolina ,2000-2006
FTSE 100 company and worldwide industry-leader of consumer packaging
- Directs and manages the financial affairs of the plant and prepares financial analysis of operations.
- Develop weekly and monthly variance analysis, actual vs. budget analysis, and financial forecasts.
- Monitor, analyze and review transactions involving inventory, scrap, cost of sales and manufacturing variances.
- Implements accounting policies and procedures that promote fiscal soundness.
- Prepare, develop and present budget and strategic planning.
- Month end closing and financial reconciliation of P& L and Balance Sheet.
- Performs accounting and financial duties in the development and maintenance of corporate accounting records.
- Supervise HR staff and Accounting staff, assisting them with career progression and planning.
- Recognize deficiencies in operations, determine needs for internal controls, establish procedures, and supervise implementation.
Career Note: Team Leader for plant SAP implementation. Work collaboratively across the various business groups to deliver a successful integration of SAP into plant operations.
Confidential,Columbia, South Carolina ,1997-1999
Fortune 500 company
- Prepare and maintain Colonial’s Activity Based Costing Model used to allocate operating expenses to product line for quarterly reports, support pricing for special projects, and analyze trends for Operation and Marketing.
- Maintain Activity Based Costing Model for First UNUM.
- Prepare monthly budget vs. actual expense report and research variances.
- Audit and review expenses, identify and analyze trends.
- Develop budgets at the cost center level.
- Account reconciliation.
- Manage $12 Million Medical Facility budget and $2 Million Support budget.
- Develop operating budgets and defend requirements before committees.
- Plan, implement and evaluate Budget and Cost programs and activities.
- Develop and update five-year budget trend analysis, including actual vs. planned.
- Create monthly and quarterly budget and other financial presentations for submission to the Base Commander.
- Perform Economic Impact studies on military presence in the local civilian market used to assist in base closure decisions and local economic forecasting.
- Designed a cost analysis program with links to other databases resulting in quick and efficient cost calculations.
- Perform analysis and summaries of statistical and accounting data reflecting actual vs. planned performance.
- Perform Economic Analysis/Costing on facility improvement/development.
- Upgrade, maintenance, and troubleshoot PC and network problems.
Master of Science in Management
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
CMC Steel School 2009,The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People 2008,CMC Supervisor’s Workshop 2007,Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Course 2004 ,Workforce Central System Administration 2001 ,Workforce Central Basic Operations 2001 ,SAP Production System Workshop 2000 ,ABC Technologies Integration Basics 1999 ,Customer Service Awareness 1995 ,Quality Improvements 1994 ,Economic Analysis for Decision Making 1994 ,Airman Leadership School 1994 ,Financial Analysis Specialist 1993