- Experienced IT project manager with over 17 years of experience in developing, implementing and managing complex projects within time and budgetary constraints.
- Proven ability to lead and manage small and large cross functional teams . Managed geographically distributed scrum development teams. Experienced in managing onshore and offshore agile development teams.
- Conducted resource planning, project scope and budgeting for IT projects ranging from $100K to $4M . Tracked and controlled costs to adhere to budgetary limitations.
- Transformed existing SDLC to Agile development using Scrum . Experience in Waterfall, extreme programming, RUP, Agile using Scrum and Kanban.
- Technical expertise in Cloud, big - data, AWS , SaaS, business intelligence and Web technologies. Worked on Cloud, database migration projects.
- A dedicated team player , committed to providing high-quality support and excellent problem solving skills to all organizational levels.
- Led various IT projects like new software development, infrastructure changes, change management, upgrades, refactoring, support and maintenance.
- Delivered large/small scale projects on-time, in budget with quality by managing risk through discipline Agile process (Scrum). Switched between Agile and Waterfall approaches depending upon project specifics and business goals
- Coordinating stakeholders and development to maintain compliance with organization standards, processes and SLA’s
- Created successful roadmaps, release plan, KPI, project plans, SOW, RFP, SLA, RFI, schedules, communication plan and WBS
- Administer Scrum process by working with Agile teams - managing themes, epics, user stories and sprints
- Document monthly/weekly/quarterly/annual progress reports - clearly highlighting progress, impediments, and risks with mitigation strategies
- Led major technological implementations using AWS, Oracle, J2EE, .Net and WEB2.0
- PMO member and best practices contributor ensure compliance with the project management methodologies
- Technology delivery, People Management, PMO
- Agile/Scrum/JIT/TDD/Extreme Programming
- Product Owner, Scrum Master, DevOps, AWS
- Custom s/w development
- Systems Engineering, infrastructure
- System Migrations/Integrations
- Enterprise-wide Implementations
- Software upgrades and refactoring
- Requirements Analysis
- Product backlog management, Sprint plan ROI Analysis
- Project Scheduling, Costing, Budgeting
- Testing, QA, Rollout, Support, Change management, Scope management, Cost Management, Risk Management and Quality management
- Cross-Functional Supervision
- Align business strategy with technology
- Team Building & Mentoring
- Client Relations & Executive Presentations
- Business & IT Planning
- Vendor Management & stakeholder Management
- Onsite/Offshore management
Cloud: Amazon Web Services (AWS, S3, EC2, VPC, RDS, IAM, EMR, SQS), MapReduce, HDFS, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Impala.
Software: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, MS Build, Telerik, Dundas Charts, UML, Talend.
ERP/IDE: PeopleSoft, SAP, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Team Foundation Server (TFS), SharePoint, IBM, Cisco, IBM MQ.
Servers: WebSphere, Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty.
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, DB2/UDB, ETL (SSIS, Talend), NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra.
SDLC: Scrum, Agile, Extreme Programming, Kanban, LeSS, JIT, Waterfall.
OS: Windows, Solaris, UNIX, Linux.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Successfully led Cloud migration project to re-write 70+ surveillance patterns using next-generation technology using AWS/Cloud/big-data ecosystem.
- Managed onsite and offshore cross functional team of architects, developers, quality assurance analysts, DevOps and business analysts.
- Managed infrastructure projects to reduce overhead and infrastructure costs by 38 percent by consolidating and deploying 10 legacy applications to cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Led Oracle sunset project to migrate Oracle to PostgreSQL and OpenStack technologies.
- Developed and maintained project management plan, risk management plan and resource plan. Managed and tracked project cost and schedule metrics to ensure budget and timeline constraints for the project.
- Interfaced with SEC and trading firms for inbound and outbound EDI communication for B2B data integration solution using AWS S3/SQS/API to receive trading data, opening litigation workflow, billing and invoice.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem including Hive, PIG, Spark, HDFS, Python and Map Reduce.
- Managed vendor relations on future product roadmap, issue prioritization, SLA’s and license agreement.
- Communicated project progress with stakeholders and C-level management regarding budgeting, project scope and project financials.
- Point of contact for external stakeholders concerning project dependences, project scope, change requests and communication of key milestones.
- Managed a scalable and robust suite of applications with emphasis on reusable code. Reusable code/component helped in reducing the development time by almost 15%.
- Mentored other team members in Cloud technology by providing training and conducting lunch-n-learn sessions.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior IT Project Manager
- Leading new enterprise platform projects using Agile (SCRUM/JIT), DevOps, Java, Oracle solutions and Atlassian tools
- Delivered industry-leading regulatory surveillances that saved Confidential millions & shortened processes from weeks to minutes
- Managing IT project budgets, resource planning, contract management, RFP, KPI, performance, scope, change, communication, escalation, planning, risk, dependencies, recognition, quality and project schedule
- Leading organization’s IT process improvement practices, infrastructure, overseeing teams to deliver IT transformation, process management, application development and service management projects
- Administering Agile (Scrum, LeSS) and waterfall SDLC while overseeing technical aspects of projects including resource planning, project plan, schedule, tasks, critical path analysis, documentation, budgeting, project closure, status reports and quality management
- Involve in project reporting, set milestones, performance review/monitoring, mentoring and coaching
- Key member in setting up successful PMO
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Global System Manager
- Developed and led staff of 25 direct and indirect reports. Managed budget for $4 million.
- Led a global team consisting of senior architects, developers, business analysts and testers in support of developing web based core market research and reporting product suites.
- Responsible for project management and successful delivery of over 20 projects.
- Interfaced with internet advertising vendors and auto traders to manage internet car sales leads in a EDI solution. Used Microsoft, IBM and CISCO technologies to implement message queue, data exchange, invoice and billing.
- Worked with the teams to break project scope into themes, epics and user stories and develop the project plan with sprints.
- Conducted monthly status meeting with c-level and stakeholders to review provide project schedule, earned value, quality and financial analysis.
- Promoted extensive use of Team Foundation Server (TFS) and SharePoint for project tracking and document storage.
- Implemented Scrum development and applied to a 25-member cross functional team.
Confidential, Mayfield, OH
Technical Team Lead/Project Manager
- Led a 10-member development team working on integration solution.
- Worked on implementing the wireless Trip Sense device, this involved integrating device vendor’s SDK to capture trip data from the device. Also, integrated services from wireless carrier to set-up communication and upload feature for the data.
- Created EDI solution for integrating auto application with external homeowner application (Home site) to present both auto and home quoting experience. Leveraged Microsoft technology for data integration and exchange between external vendors following Service Oriented Architecture.
- Involved in the database design and implementing the data model along with the DBA. Good understanding of SQL/T-SQL queries, functions, stored procedures and ETL (SSIS).
- Led performance and security consulting team. Implemented performance initiatives like dynamic loading of business metadata, object invocation using delegates. Researched cross-site scripting and SQL injection security issues. Implemented security tools to identify and fix security vulnerabilities.