Seasoned, hardworking, detailed oriented, problem solving professional with over 20 years’ experience in Project Manager and Program Manager, with an emphasis in SDLC, business processes, training, finance, scheduling, an relationship management.
SKILLS & AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Founding member of the Monterey Bay Project Management Institute (PMI) Chapter.
- Mentor in the IT & Telecom SIG Coaching and Mentoring Program.
- Works well independently and in a team (direct report and matrix) environment.
- Proficient in software application (COTS and Custom)
- Managed and/or supervised people in different companies, small and large (5000+) domestically and internationally.
- International clients consisted of EMEA and APAC.
- Managed development teams from India, and Costa Rica.
ERP Implementation Project Manager, Seaside, CA
- Implement Cloud based SAP ByD Enterprise solutions to small and medium size business
- Work closely with customers to provide guidance on their information business process and help them exceed their business goals.
- Oversee customer engagements from post-sales through to the support transition
Program Manager/Project Manager/Account Manager, Fremont, CA
- Embedded Program Manager, Project Manager, and Account Manager for a multinational e-commerce corporation.
- Responsibilities include ensuring the health and wellbeing of the access control system (Lenel), managing security installations, develop an manage new programs, and manage the support services (break fixes, badging supplies, etc.).
- Lead and manage 4 software and 30 physical security projects with in the last year.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders; hold regular cross organizational management briefings.
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues on all projects and programs that I support.
- Maintain meticulous records of projects and programs financials, issues, risks, decisions, schedules and set up a central repository of all documents and established a version control process.
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Successfully implemented a Visitor Management System at a flag ship location. Project was 8 weeks behind and I was able to deliver in 3 weeks.
- Established metrics on break fixes, construction project management projects, and badging supplies.
- Reduced break fixes tickets from an average of 200 a month down to less than 20 a month with an average solution time of 3.5 days.
- Ensured projects were completed with in scope, schedule and budget. All construction projects were delivered on time.
- Reduced total security alarm volume by over 33% in less than 6 months resulting in less resources required.
- Provided training to eBay personnel on a myriad of programs; VMS, Badging, Installations, etc.
Acting Manager IT Project Management, Richland, WA
- Stood up an IT PM Department completely from scratch that permits the Confidential to meet the requirements outlined in DOE Order 415.1. Activities included creating procedures, hire and train employees, and socialize and market the department for acceptance through out the company. Department utilizes proven PM methodology such as PMI and maintains metrics that allows the company to view ALL IT initiatives, and track/implement projects in a consistent manner.
- Manage IT PM department that manages and/or oversaw over 75 IT initiatives yearly.
- Created and established a customer service structure from scratch that supported new software implementation for the Facilities Department. Structure entailed, establishing procedures and process on how to handle opportunities, creating documentation templates on tracking issues, training personnel on the software, designing a web site, and facilitating the issue resolution.
- Coordinated and project managed (over a 6year span) the completion of over 100 facilities-related IT/technical construction projects (i.e. HLAN, Wi-Max, Wi-Fi, wireless, etc.) through all phases of the project cycle for DOE. Developed program requirements, strategic goals, conducted technical reviews, evaluated project solicitations, proposals, quotes, and proposed change requests. Reviewed and approved shop drawings, validated and reconciled invoices for partial or full payment to vendor.
- Software Project Engineer for the implementation of an Electronic Time Verification System (ETVS). Responsibilities included researching time verification devices and software, identifying requirement needs, analyzing vendor solicitation responses, designing the ETVS implementation structure, overseeing the implementation of the ETVS system and infrastructure, and setting up the customer support structure with in budget and on time. System is estimated to help the company save approximately $18 million dollars. Internal Assessment of the program found zero findings and zero observations. Program and systems are being highly considered for more DOE sites.
- Designed and implemented a system application that utilized electronic approvals, allowed the tracking and status of technology hardware and software acquisitions online via the intranet, tied the process in with the Procurement process, and reduced carbon emission by re-designing the process to work completely paperless. Project increased process time from an average of 3 days to less than 30 minutes. Eliminated the need of two forms, and reduced the cost of processing paper (printing, scanning, tagging, etc.) by approximately $10K a month.
- Designed project controls (Status reports and schedule templates) and metrics such as Burn Rate charts to monitor project(s) time and money consumptions. Utilized this chart to monitor 20 different projects. All 20 projects came in under budget and on time.
Business Development Manager, Coarsegold, CA
- Identified and defined contractual requirements with qualified subcontractors/partners as needed.
- Develop solutions to customer needs.
Program Manager/Business Analyst, Atlanta, GA
- Managed client relationships, oversaw and directed multiple projects (scope, schedule, costs), and managed off shore vendors.
- Created company’s first Project Charter which detailed the project’s SOW, assumptions, risks, and the process the company planned to use to implement the project.
- Established a requirements template for all PMs to use to interface with their clients in order to flesh out clients’ needs and allow the team to create effective use cases more easily.
- Re-designed company’s change management form to in corporate risk management analysis, assumptions and budgets.
- Developed and maintained all project deliverables including project charters, budgets, project plans, issue logs and change orders etc.
Senior Operations Specialist, Washington, DC
- Created an integrated scheduling process to effectively integrate the project scope of work of several contracts, cost, resources, and performance.
- Established a scheduling department to provide direct support and consultation to Executive Managers, Project Managers and Program Managers.
Online Business Development Manager, Monterey, CA
- Served as liaison between sister companies, online team members (sales, proposal, product development, marketing, finance, etc.) and clients.
- Worked with Sales, Business Solutions, Marketing, and Product Development departments to effectively plan and deliver new solutions on Confidential ’s flagship product, Acuity.
- Helped set up the first PMO within Confidential . Set up consisted of mapping out process, documenting procedures, establishing “Rules of Engagement”, and the Company Charter, as well as creating templates such as a Risk Management and Customer Requirement document, Confidential, Work Package and Activities document, Specification Document, etc.