- Industries: High Tech, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare, Energy & Utility.
- Functions: IT, Information Governance, Customer Care
- IT and Business functional experience, viewpoints from both vantage points, bringing together strategies and methodologies to realize the benefits of sound operational principles and best practices in ITaaS, SaaS, program and project management
- Problem solver who seeks to make processes and user experience more efficient by eliminating redundancies and siloed processes
- Utilize rigor, governance and accountability to achieve business excellence
- Enterprise technology leadership
- Operations/Process Improvement
- Technology Roadmaps/Plan of Record development
- Business - IT alignment
- PMO/PPM best practices
- Data Quality
- Contract negotiations/oversight
- Customer Metrics
- Budget/Financial Planning
- Human Factors
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Principal Business Project Manager
- As Principal Business Project Manager, led Customer Care business-unit projects focused on technology enhancement and process improvement.
- Function in role as customer
- Mentor and train the project managers on my team on methodologies and best practices
- Champion ITaaS (IT as a service) model for Customer Care business unit
- Ensure Business-IT alignment
- Develop business cases for new opportunities
- Oversee change management and training activities
- Ensure a steady flow of communications to align all stakeholders
- Provide input to technology Plan of Record
- Apply governance for project documentation as both a creator and approver
- Prepare executive status reports and deliver report-outs to senior leaders
- Established project methodology which synergistically combined business and IT project requirements into one streamlined framework. Benefits: fostered transparency, clearer understanding of roles and responsibilities, and more successful project outcomes.
- Created a governance model for vendor SLAs while building relationships with mission-critical application vendors.
- Benefits: provided traction for enhancement initiatives which were previously stagnant, and efficiencies realized through assignment of business product owners.As Principal Business Project Manager
- success director and program manager, with IT and vendor project managers as my dotted line reports
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Principal Advisory Consultant
- Led IG Program for utility client with 3-year Program Management budget of $28M.
- Charged with evaluating current state of affairs related to a high visibility, urgent enterprise corporate compliance regulatory issue; performed SWOT analysis
- Developed program strategy for Records and Information Management to meet regulatory requirements for both hard-copy and electronic records
- Led matrix teams of project managers, vendors, IT and business internal resources to execute the tactical plans
- Catalogued old paper records; Build-out of COTS solution for electronic records
- Partnered with general counsel to update company IG policy
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
Lead Consultant IT Project Manager
- Lead PM for SOA and Web services security for U.S.
- Department of Defense SaaS healthcare provider under the T-3 transition for Federal Health Care Delivery for Tricare North. • Led IT team for build of FIM (Federated Identity Management), SSO (Single Sign-On), SOA (Service-oriented architecture) for providers, beneficiaries, government, and associates
- Obtained Department of Defense 85P Public Trust security clearance
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
Senior Program Consultant
- Served as a trusted advisor to business clients and served as PMO in the absence of internal PMO for initiatives deemed to be urgent due to being out of adherence to industry regulations.
- Acting Information Governance Director at aerospace and defense client, reporting to General Counsel
- Built the IG program from ground zero based on BoD vision to align with enterprise corporate compliance requirements
- Developed the strategy, staffing, and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) roadmap
- Hired consultants and vendors
- Led consultants, IT and business internal resources and vendors to execute on the strategy
- Partnered with general counsel to develop policy and guidance documents
Confidential, Silicon Valley and Roseville, CA
IT Technical Analyst / IT Project Manager
- IT Project Manager for enterprise initiative to migrate 80 internal user groups spread across the globe to an enterprise-wide product change tracking solution which integrated over 10 disparate systems that provided key information to business leaders, product managers, developers, and customer support desk.
- Led IT project-based international team of 16 resources comprised of employees and contract workers (developers, DBA, architect, testers, web designers, analysts)
- Defined and delivered enterprise architecture
- Consulted with business units on different product lifecycle tools and processes
- Built processes and tools for the development community to ensure efficient and effective deployment which resulted in significant cost savings and efficient product releases