Project Manager, GIS
10 years experience in leading and developing teams to build Object Orientated Internet/Intranet applications in Dot Net Platform using ESRI Arc Objects. Expertise also includes Statistics, Population Sciences, Remote Sensing and GIS. Completed Doctorate Degree in Urban Dynamics using Remote Sensing and GIS Techniques after Master of Science in Demography/Statistics and Applied Geography. Poised to contribute unique blend project and operations management, and exemplary customer-support skills, along with commitment to excellence, to your firm’s value by ensuring that projects support strategic mission and objectives within scope, budget, and schedule.
- Results-driven project-management professional with Doctorate and MBA-level education, and proven track record in increasing productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Creative thinker and analytical problem-solver with demonstrated ability to manage projects from planning through execution/completion under the pressure of fast-paced, time-sensitive environments.
- Exceptional Business Analyst and interpersonal communicator who effectively interacts with clients and all levels of management.
- Decisive, energetic, focused team leader and team player who leads high-performing teams through implementing change and improvements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Project methodologies including Project initiation, planning, execution, project control and closeout
- Full lifecycle development
- Project tracking/reporting
- Business assessment and analysis of business problems/needs
- Business scope/requirements definition
- Quality risk, Critical thinking
- Needs analysis and strategic planning
- Risk Assessment and Business Continuity Plan Implementation
- Business process reengineering and process improvement
- Quality-assurance strategy/process
- Performance management
- Change management and configuration control
- Technology integration
- Cross-functional team building and leadership
- Incident and Problem Management
PROJECT MANGER, Confidential; February 2007 to Present
- Selected by CIO to take on Project Manager Role, based on solid project-management success.
- Develop and maintain business critical GIS based software.
- Take ownership of project-management role for rollout of next-generation software product for Oil and Gas business.
- Recruited by leadership to implement Enterprise wide GIS solutions for the business.
- Selected to spearhead cross-functional, multi-level team resulting in executive leadership
- Deploy project-management skills to bring projects in under budget, on time, and with superior quality, along with efficient team management.
- Attained customer recognition for superior project-management talents.
SCIENTIST, Confidential, February 2000 to January 2007
- As a core member of scientific team of Land Use, Urban Studies and Geo-informatics Group, significant contributions were made for the development of remote sensing and GIS applications.
- Was actively involved in projects of National relevance and also user driven.
- Worked on Urban Dynamics, Heat islands using remote sensing and GIS Techniques.
- Received recognition to complete various urban map projects in under budget, on time and with quality and team management
- Selected as a Team member for Automatic Feature Extraction using ANN and knowledge classifiers.
- Attained user recognition and appreciation for superior project-management talents
- Research and development Team member.
Confidential (February 2007 to Present)
- Corridor Mapping using Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry and GIS Techniques.
- Pipeline Corridor (Right of Use) Demarcation for Reliance Gas Transportation Infrastructure Limited and alternate route analysis. Village Cadastre data base creation, with ownership information. Project Manager; Team Size: 40; Softwares used: Leica Photogrammetric Suite, Erdas Imagine, ArcGIS Info (V 9.2)
- Pipeline Route and Cost Analysis Application
- A web based application developed for cost analysis of gas pipeline projects. The application will facilitate in Techno economic analysis of different configuration of pipeline system. This application takes input from GIS based Automated Route Optimization module and generates selected pipeline network on GIS platform. Role: Project Manager; Team Size: 3; Language: C#, ASP.Net
- Alignment Sheet Generator Application Development (Survey and Engineering)
- A Web based application used by Survey and Engineering Group for auto generation of Alignment Sheets and Bill of Material, in ready to use formats. Role: Project Manager; Team Size 5; Application developed using VB6 and ESRI ArcObjects.
- Pipeline Construction Progress Monitoring Application
- Application Developed for monitoring the various construction activities enabling user to create reports based on pipeline chainage. Role: Project Manger; Team Size 3; Application Developed using C#, ESRI ArcObjects, ESRI ArcSDE on Oracle 10g.
- Facility Management System (FMS)
- A fully-integrated, real-time, on-line Geographic Information System for comprehensive pipeline facility management. FMS enables the user to perform a large range of functions, including detailed monitoring of the facilities along the pipeline, regulatory details, land ownership details. Regulatory compliance, Cathodic Protection, Telecom and Crossing is also Managed in the application. . Role : Project Manger; Team Size 3; Application Developed using C#, ESRI ArcObjects, ESRI ArcSDE on Oracle 10g.
- Emergency Response Support System (ERSS)
- ERSS is a real-time, integrated online GIS Application, supporting Emergency Response Plan of Pipeline Gas Transportation. ERSS enables user to trace the incident location and also provide the shortest route and fastest route to reach the destination. ERSS also allows to locate spatially all the nearby facilities like Fire Station, Police Station, Hospitals along with the transportation networks. Customised reports/information can be send through Email and also through SMS. Role : Project Manger; Team Size 3; Application Developed using C#, ESRI ArcObjects, ESRI ArcSDE on Oracle 10g.
- Reliance Pipeline Data Model Implementation (RPDM)
- Reliance Pipeline Data Model based on ArcGIS Pipeline Data Model (APDM-4), implemented successfully for the centralized storage of the pipeline integrity data.. In comparison to isolated data management systems developed for the purpose of fulfilling a specific and independent need, RGTIL Pipeline Data Model helps to build focused high end enterprise GIS applications, facilitating data integrity and application interoperability. Role : Project Manger; Team Size 5; APDM, ESRI Arc GIS Server 9.2, Oracle 10g.
- Nationwide Wasteland Inventory Project: Digital Database Creation And Watershed Atlas Preparation; Role : Project manager/ Coordinator Finalizing project methodology, guidelines, customization of ARC INFO AML for map generation, standardized digital database format and structure, quality checking.
- Damage Assessment In The Gujarat Earthquake Affected Areas Using Large Scale Aerial Photographs: Role: Task Team Member, to assess the degree of damage to buildings in terms of stability. Actively involved in Methodology formulation, survey format preparation, ground survey and Report creation.
- Disaster Management Team Member: Assessment Tsunami, Drought and Flood Mapping; Tasks included Field Visit, Aerial Photo/ Satellite Data Interpretation, Report Creation, Map Preparation.
- Land Use/ Land Cover Mapping of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka State. Role: Project Manager/ Coordinator; Team Size 20; Erdas Imagine.
- Automated Land Use Land Cover Mapping for North Eastern Region of India. Role: Project Manager; Team Size 4; Erdas Imagine (Knowledge Classifier), See5.
- ESRI ArcGIS Tool bar Application development using VB6, ESRI ArcObjects. Role: Team Member; Team Size 4.
- Rural Road Network Mapping for Rajasthan; Role: Team Member; Database creation, Query Shell Development; Software used: Arc View 3x, Arc Avenue.
- Automatic Water Body and Snow Feature Extraction from Satellite Imagery. Role : Team Member; Team Size 3; VC++, Erdas Imagine
- Automatic Urban Building Edge Creation from High Resolution Satellite Imagery; Role : Team Lead/Member; Team Size 3; Matlab (Data Mining Techniques)
- Urban Mapping for National Capital Region of Delhi, Greater Mumbai, Hyderabad Urban Development Authority. Role : Team Lead; Team Size : 4 ; Image Processing and Interpretation.
- Drainage and Water Bodies Monitoring Within HUDA Area, Hyderabad; Role : Team Member, to prepare drainage and water body status layer for preservation of tanks to meet the requirement of Hyderabad metropolis.
- Automated Tree Counting for Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad from High Resolution Satellite Imagery. Role: Team Lead/Member; Team Size 3; VC++ Erdas Imagine (Knowledge Classifier).
- Urban Land Use Land Cover Mapping for Mumbai for BMC
- Dahej –Vijaypur
- Haldia, W.B
- Dahej- Hazira-Uran-Dabhol
- Research and Development
- Census EB Mapping; IKONOS Data
- Initial Evaluation Of IRS-P6 Data for its Application Potential
- Urban and Land Use Applications of IRS-P6 (LISS IV, LISS III, AWiFS) Data
- Automatic Feature Extraction from Satellite Imagery.
Education and Skills
- Ph.D “Investment Patterns, Migrations and Land Use Changes
- M.B.A – Information Science,
- M.S. Population Studies,
- M.Sc. Geography,
- Diploma in Geoinformation Management,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management,
- Statistical Packages : SPSS, SAS
- GIS Packages : ESRI Arc GIS (Info) 9.2, ESRI Arc GIS Server 9.2.
- Image Processing : Leica ERDAS Imagine, ENVI
- Photogrammetry : Leica Photogrammetric Suite
- Simulation: Advantica Stoner
- Programming Language: VC++, C#, ASP.Net, Matlab, Python, SAS.
- Project Management : MS Project, Primavera