Sr. Program Manager/ Software Project Manager
- Manage program schedules, scope, finance and approval process for down hole electronic HW development, mechanical systems and associated software for 10 programs for a $200M/yr. R&D unit. Work directly internal stakeholders, directors, Vice President, product champions, engineering managers, legal, human resources, operations, and procurement to get programs from concept to commercialization. Manage a team of 30 people directly as manager/ Agile Scrum Master, for web based SW run on a data center.
- Improved program delivery: In 2013 project planning was over budget/ late 70%+ of the time. In 2017 75% are on - time & budget.
- Created a schedule tracking presentation dashboard for 20 active programs (adopted by many other divisions).
- Negotiated Software Intellectual Property (IP) our group could keep as a divested business unit from Confidential .
- Successfully manage 30-person SW team with responsibility for hiring, budget, meeting scope and deadlines.
Intellectual Property and Silicon Program Manager
- Oversaw silicon IP licensing of technology contracts and program for $1.6B unit of global business. Collaboratively work with >300 internal design engineers and external 3rd parties on IP for system on a chip (SOCs) and associated technology architecture innovation. Also, Project Managed Arm Cortex A9 SOC development (AM437x - electronic secure payment), including semiconductor design, specifications, product design, consulting engineering to key customer, and protected client sensitive information.
- Worked directly with key customer for AM437x, drove definition and business requirements, meeting deadlines and cost goals.
- Improved development and reduced R&D costs by $10M with common IP roadmap across organization.
- Created cross - business IP teams (managers, design engineering) to collaborate IP development and reused 20+ components.
- Identified and resolved many 3rd-party IP provider contracts delivery issues, ensuring on-time deliveries.
Director, Software Management
- Promoted to streamline software/firmware teams’ practices and align with management expectations on system execution. Supervised 10 software project managers in India, and US, and 180 indirect reporting worldwide who developed embedded Linux, QNX and Windows CE-based real time embedded SW including Video, audio, Automotive Infotainment and visualization.
- Established successful Program Management Office (PMO) to oversee program reorganization, best practices, and motivate team.
- Increased manage budgets accuracy from 60% to >90% by developing resource forecasting tool.
- Improved key metrics, communication skills, and coordination between SW and other groups by holding monthly program reviews.
Silicon Program Manager
- Directed $60M R&D programs to develop silicon, software, and hardware SoCs in the video, automotive and industrial markets. Oversaw complete development life cycles and worked with team leads for development across Japan, India, France, and US. Evaluated and mentored other program managers. Created plan development and risk management plans.
- Recognized by senior management for leadership skills, multi - tasking, and ability to take over and turnaround troubled projects.
- Successfully saved failing silicon design program and completed silicon redesign in company-best seven weeks.
- Increased cost forecast accuracy from 70% to 95% by creating forecasting and other process improvement tools.
WW DSP Tools Product Marketing Manager
- Oversaw global marketing vision and product management of processor tools. Developed brand strategy, new product promotions.
- Increased tool sales 200% over two years and improved new customer design business 30%.
- Created first <$100 development board and 1 - day training courses that sold over 20k units (4x previous boards).
- Co-designed online tools store with 3rd party, enabling customer access to tools at lower pricing.
Technical Sales / FAE Representative
- Managed accounts, client relationship, contracts, sales, and engineering customer training for Southeast region.
- Created low - cost customized solutions for key customers
- Co-designed and led hands-on web-based engineering course through Georgia Tech.