Accomplished IT Project Manager and Senior IT Project Lead with PMP, SDLC, Agile/SCRUM experience and Microsoft Certifications. Extensive experience managing IT projects, architecting and delivering innovative web - based. API and client/server-based solutions over a broad spectrum of functional disciplines. Proficient in all facets of project management and application development with proficiencies in analysis and the creation of straightforward, robust database and system designs. Assignments both private and public domains.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT / TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Project Management: Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) - received March 2010, Over 20 years Project Management experience including SCRUM/Agile/Agile Central / SDLC
Software Languages: MS Visual Studio, MS Office (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Outlook)
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2008 & earlier, Oracle / TOAD, Stored Procedures, DB2, Erwin
Other: SharePoint, Rally (Agile Central), Object Oriented Programming, Software Design, Certified Database & Architecture Competencies
Confidential, Sparks, MD
- Project Plan was built and managed in MS Project / Rally. SharePoint held related documentation and meeting notes. Agile Central (Rally) was used to create the Product Backlog, User Stories, Test Scenarios and Defects. Sprints/Epics were created, Product Backlog was reviewed. Acceptance Criteria was established. Daily Scrum Meetings were held and documented. Team size included 17 offsite developers and other associated staff.
- Deliverables included API Architecture, Inbound and Outbound Maintenance APIs, Outbound Billing and Inbound Driver APIs
Confidential, Olney, MD
- Designed prototype software process to improve efficiencies for collecting and reporting survey results. Prototype was further developed into a robust application that used SQL Server 2012, SSIS and .NET.
- While serving as Agile Project Manager and database architect, managed a small development team through multiple implementations.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Project Manager / Leader
- Managed multiple IT projects, initiation through closeout, as assigned and within the parameters of cost, quality, schedule and objectives highlighted with the design and implementation of the acclaimed new Bed Management functionality that was deemed “Best in the World” as it integrated pending activities with real time situations.
- Assisted the current staff in better understanding the work, stream lining processes and troubleshooting issues. Determined team resource, budget / hardware needs and design gaps. Assisted with work management and development while performing leadership and miscellaneous duties as necessary.
- Responsible for project communications and required negotiations with internal and external organizations Technical, functional and test documentations were presented to the CIO as a basis for global improvement.
- Time savings were met with the delivery of the new .NET Patient Census Boards throughout the hospital.
- Successfully met new requirements with the need to maintain accurate interoperability with the patient admission and billing systems that used HL7 Messaging for internal communication between the applications.
- Successfully strategized and coded the ASP.NET application that directly allowed physicians to change patients’ doctors and services that reduced overall workloads and met physicians’ long anticipated objectives.
- Orchestrated critical roles with the New Clinical Building Implementation and the Billing upgrade to the Admission system. Executed tasks and managed the conversion from AX to OnBase.
- Significantly reduced day-to-day manual efforts required to reconcile a critical process that produced the Executive-level Daily Bed Activity Report where 7 hours a week of manual intervention/correction was eliminated.
- Created the jobs/Stored Procedures that initiated the EPIC conversion process.
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
Senior Project Manager
- Increased annual revenue by $50M by designing better mechanisms to capture purchased goods from manufacturers and distributors whose accumulations lead to increased rebate amounts.
- Total rebate revenue was over $500,000,000 a year
- Designed work queues that utilized a variety of search capabilities that allowed users to identify products for consolidation which maximized rebate revenue
- Project managed a skilled team and helped design over 50 new intranet applications for the 4th largest employer in the United States.
- Designed, coordinated and implemented .NET and SQL Server applications that increased benefits to business partners, including a Resource Library Application, a “web shopping cart” tool which allowed the company’s training resources to be borrowed and the eValuate Application - a comprehensive Benchmarking tool that collected key financial, logistical and operational statistics which identified areas for restaurant management improvement.
- Earned prestigious National Technical Achievement Award in 2006 as result of manager / business owner recommendations that recognized greater efficiencies / revenue through the use of web applications.
- Costs were reduced, revenue was increased and company directives were supported throughout the organization by implementing Web-based applications. Significant savings and efficiencies were illustrated by the following:
- Online tool to capture potential sales lead to $10M in added revenue in the 1st year..
- Helped to achieve Sarbanes-Oxley compliance thru a company-wide ethics survey web application.
- Received executive recognition for designing and implementing the company-sponsored Stop Hunger initiative that raised significant income to help the fight against hunger.
- Reduced administrative processing time by up to 90% by replacing Excel-based processes with web-based tools.
- Corporate security and cost savings resulted with the replacement of CD-distributed affirmative action information with a Web-based tool with an enhanced role-based security mechanism.
- Supported company’s strategic goal to improve diversification through the Network Group Membership database that accepted and administered employees joining company sponsored network groups.
- Streamlined manager’s duties to find / complete key corporate forms and standardized manuals with the implementation of the centralized Forms and Manuals Center.
- Reduced manager’s administrative turnaround time by 50% by implementing IS&T Security Access Request Application that eliminated the need for printed forms and simplified the approval process through automated emails and timely reminders.
- Cost reductions were attained with the Bright Ideas web application that rewarded employees who recognized where operational improvements could be obtained.
- Led the web effort for Bonus-eligible managers wishing to forecast their incentive pay, who utilized the Incentive Calculator application, which reduced the management workload by 150 hours annually for Human Resources.
- Printed recipes were replaced with the online Recipe Collection Tool that provided up-to-date recipes for 6,000+ cafeteria units servicing schools, campuses, corporations and health care facilities.
- Led the design and testing for the company’s Disaster Employee Tracking Tool.
- Utilized both iterative waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies. Comprehensive application deliveries included Scope, Conceptual Design, Requirements, User Functionalities, Business Processes, Estimates of Effort (Tasks), Budgets, Projections, Technical & Database Design, Project Tracking, Testing, Time Approvals, Product Backlog, Sprints, Use Cases and the implementation and creation of formal User and Technical Guides.