Senior Technical Project Manager with almost 30 years leading complex Software Development Life Cycle projects working as a hands - on Software Product Development Manager, Technical Lead, Release Manager, or Technical Project Manager. PMP Certified Engineer well versed in all aspects of Project Management methodologies, software technologies and business operations with a record of accomplishment in “turning concepts projects into products”. Recognized for leading successful cross-functional efforts that require bringing together diverse teams, building stakeholder relations, understanding customer requirements and communicating with the senior team regarding project status.
PROJECT AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Project Management
- Change Management Product Management
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Release Management
- Software Configuration Management (SCM)
- Agile, Iterative, Scrum, and Waterfall Environments
- Software Development Management
- Service - Oriented Architecture (SOA) | PMP Certification
- MS Project
- Agile Object-Oriented Development
- Windows OS
- HTML PowerBuilder
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Oracle and SQL databases
- .net | C#
- CM Tools - JIRA
- Subversion (SVN)
- Rational ClearCase
- PVCS (Serena)
- Tool Automation - Jenkins
Senior Technical Project Manager
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Technical R&D Manager for the Assessment division
- Key functional role within the Assessment Group (responsible for administrating state assessment tests to K-12 students) creating successful R&D development releases that are delivered on time and on budget. Partnered with the leadership team and program management to develop a technology roadmap and vision for an evolving feature set to build new functionality into existing products
- Experience in applying best practices in project management, including those used to initiate, plan, control, monitor and report upon all phases of project activity
- Involvement in all phases of software development cycle, developing project plans, requirements documents, and project budgets
- Senior Technical Project Manager for the Assessment division
- Responsible for the client release of the Analysis reporting component of the Assessment product, involving translating customer requirements into database configurations while ensuring a quality product
Senior Project Manager / Product Release Manager
Confidential, Germantown, MD
- Technical Release Manager for the Open Payments Fare product line - oversaw all project processes and deliverables including obtaining customer acceptance, live activation, and initial rollout to the General Public for SEPTA (South Eastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority).
- Interfaced with offshore development and test groups to create a quality product solution.
- Separation of future development into phases, DevOps efforts, and product migration to the cloud
- Implemented Product Change Control Boards for greater communication and control of development, test, and production environments.
- Head of the SDLC Tools Configuration Control Board, responsible for the design and implementation of workflow changes to increase productivity across the division's Transit, Tolling, and Photo Enforcement platforms.
- Managed restructuring of proposals, system engineering, and test engineering processes.
- Senior Business Analyst for the SunRail Transit customer.
- Spearheaded the Overhauling release coordination of the Open Payments product O&M efforts.
- Greatly reduced the issue backlog and increased customer trust.
- Instrumental in maintaining ISO 9000 certification for division through the creation of process documentation at the functional department level; provided functional training to technical staff
- CM consultant for software and hardware baseline identification and release.
Software Engineering Manager
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Release Manager of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Software in support of the IVU-3100 embedded software, deployed on a fleet of 20,000 buses, light rail, and support vehicles - reduced four versions into one master baseline.
- Restructured the Configuration Control Boards (CCB) for greater efficiency.
- Instrumental in structuring a quality management system, and obtaining ISO 9001 certification
- Participated in the CMMI effort as a subject matter expert in integration.
- A key member of the management team to shift product focus from continuous maintenance to development that will support new and existing customers.
- Identified the interactive roles of the Product Manager, Functional Managers, System Engineers, Technical Leads, and the Software Engineering team to create greater communication within the division.
- Designed and managed many facets of the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) application software SDLC including planning, debugging, configuration, and testing.
OpalStaff, Columbia, MD
- Software Management Consultant responsible for transforming the division's Software Development Life Cycle processes to increase the profitability underperforming product lines.
- Lead Software Engineer driving the re-productizing the IVU-3100 embedded vehicle software.
- Release Manager responsible for the planning, configuration, and testing of vehicle software.
- Interfaced with the Configuration Control Board (CCB) to define the release contents.
Engineering Manager / Senior Principal Software Engineer
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Product Development Manager for Orbital's Transportation Management Systems ( Confidential ) Division
- Software Product Manager for the OrbCAD/UNIX Control Center product (Chicago / NYC Transit)
- Manager of the Configuration Management (Engineering) and the Documentation/Training departments
- Built and configured the CM department structure, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) for the design and implementation of division-wide processes and standards for product control in coordination with ISO 9001 and SEI / CMMI standards.
- Implemented and managed CMMI Maturity Level 3 processes.
- Project Management head of the IVU-3100 embedded vehicle software Configuration Control Board (CCB), and a lead member of the OrbCAD Control Center software CCB.
- Developed and led the implementation of all hardware (change process using ECR / EN / ECN), software (utilizing Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest), and documentation products produced by the division.
- Assumed a hands-on role with build management, release management, and Software QA.
- Utilized extensive engineering experience to provide day-to-day guidance to the software product efforts, including tool creation (scripting, C++, Perl), troubleshooting technical issues, and the hands-on merging of software defects and new features into the core product.
- Interfaced extensively with Product Managers to create metrics (Crystal Reports), track weekly status, and keep product evolution focused on both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Coordinated software engineering, system engineering, system test, deployment, and QA departments.
- Enhancement of GUI displays for numerous Confidential customers as a Technical Lead.
- Windows client/server software applications written in C++, using Serena (PVCS), PowerBuilder, and embedded UNIX vehicle software written in C++.
- Management representative at the Confidential User Conference
President and Chief Architect
- Directed all corporate development, budgeting, treasury, tax, audit, and controllership functions.
- Assessed market potential and implemented strategic business plan for short-term and long-term goals
- Represented the corporation in a random Maryland Unemployment Insurance audit, requiring a detailed analysis of financial and tax records.
- Engineering experience gained by work on the technical contracts with Ciena Corporation (Linthicum, MD) and Confidential RSI (Clarksburg, MD).
Product Manager / Member of Technical Staff
- Product Management role involving the planning and maintenance for a complex mapping graphics product (C, C++, and HP UNIX), along with its integration into several existing graphical applications
- Creation of marketing plans, technical management plans, and in corporation of ISO 9000 and SEI processes.
- Software Technical Lead role for the government customer, involving the development and integration of user interfaces and maintenance for a data encryption system between SUN workstations utilizing ATM device drivers in a UNIX environment, written in C/C++.
- Wrote Software Test Plans and Procedures to ensure that the software met the desired requirements.
- Developed concept of stakeholder interaction thru the formal review of User Interfaces.
Product Manager / Technical Lead
- Seven years of extensive experience as the Software Product Manager / Technical Lead on two pioneer Command and Control C/C++ GUI workstation applications involving AIX, Motif, and X-Windows in a client/server environment, and an OS/2 Presentation Manager graphical reporting suite of products
- Management a team of 7 to 10 software engineers and testers to produce the product, as well as the identification, planning, and successful marketing of the base products to new Confidential customers in Sunnyvale, CA, Colorado Springs, CO, and Gaithersburg, MD.