- Senior project manager of large - scale technical systems, developing project plans from initiation through execution, including tracking milestones and related communications plans, with an emphasis on on-time deliverables, on budget, and mitigating risk
- Experienced with leading cross-functional teams and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Confidential, Ellicott City, MDResponsibilities:
- Manage all phases of large-scale technical projects to ensure that budget and timelines are met.
- Oversaw $5M computer replacement plan for all HCPSS teachers (5,000 employees); developed delivery timeline to minimize teachers’ disruption; developed communications plan for project team, teachers, executives. Collected and inventoried old computers from 76 locations. Project completed on time and within budget.
- Supervise team of 9 administrators and programmers responsible for the HCPSS data center operations, including: disaster recovery procedures, maintenance of enterprise systems, and server administration.
- The team manages 600 servers and is responsible for maintenance of all HCPSS staff and student user accounts.
- Co-chaired the HCPSS committee to update policy on Responsible Use of Technology and Social Media.
- Committee members represented curriculum staff, technology security staff, PTA representatives, parents, and students. Developed project charter and presented it to the Board of Education. Facilitated meetings, presented proposed changes to the HCPSS executive staff and Board.
- Served as HCPSS Technology Department’s representative for MD State Department of Education’s Adequacy of Education Funding study.
- Provided data on classroom technology configurations to ensure sufficient equipment was available for graduating students to be college or career ready. The study was distributed to all Maryland school districts to enable accurate budget planning.
- Serve as administrator and technical support liaison for district-wide visitor management system.
- Proactively identified user problems; wrote a process improvement plan to correct recurring problems. Wrote a plan to implement newest available features of the software. Arranged for multiple training sessions. Created new protocol to get in front of issues.
- Review and approve standard operating procedures for technology operations.
- Working with SMEs, developed documentation for operational steps to create SOPs.
- Worked with other technology managers to develop a strategic implementation plan to replace or upgrade existing systems over 5 years.
Manager, Technology Help DeskResponsibilities:
- Led team of 8 customer service specialists and technology trainers who provided support to HCPSS employees. Oversaw creation of user documentation.
- Facilitated team to gather requirements from varied stakeholders, prioritized requirements, scheduled vendor demonstrations. Compiled scores and presented recommendations to the technology director.
- Served as both Project Manager and System Administrator for Web Help Desk software implementation. Gathered functional requirements from others, created user accounts, trained help desk staff and technology managers. Developed automated change control process to track system changes.
- Provided training and support for enterprise-wide projects (76 schools), including Microsoft Exchange, school computer inventory, and point of sale system.
Manager, Technical ProjectsResponsibilities:
- Oversaw $2M enterprise-wide project to implement human resources payroll system. Worked with vendor team and cross-divisional team to analyze business processes, migrated accounting data, and developed test plans. Negotiated training package and saved $15K. Provided oral and written status reports to executives and the Board of Education.
- Conducted regular planning meetings with members of project team, project sponsor, and the executive steering committee.
- Developed process and structure for post-implement support of human resources payroll system.
Senior Project Manager/Business Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DCResponsibilities:
- Managed e-Learning projects for federal agencies.
- Analyzed business processes and technical requirements for clients on rapid deployment projects.
- Managed implementation teams, which included developers, courseware specialists, trainers, quality assurance testers, partners, and project planners.
- Facilitated internal projects included Earned Value Management roll-out, training operations presentation, and federal client process improvement.