Senior Scrum Master/Agile Coach with overall more than 6 years working experience in the technology services for Financial, Insurance and International Consulting industries. With multiple years management working experience in IT departments, Michelle analyzed the organization environment and workflow features to implement the most appropriate management methodologies, including waterfall, hybrid methodologies and Agile frame works, including Scrum, Kanban, XP and Scaled Agile. When embraced the agile methodology, Michelle has coached the organizations at all levels from Development Teams to managers and stakeholders to enable the transition from Waterfall to Agile.
Project Management: Agile Coach, Scrum, Kanban, XP, Scaled Agile, Release Management, JIRA, Confluence, Trello, VersionOne, SDLC, PMP, Oracle Primavera P6, Microsoft Project Management
Industry Knowledge and experience: Full - Stack DevOps, Verint Application, Data Migration, Business Inteligence, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Excel, VBA Macro, Word, One Note, Access, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, MS SQL, Python, Qlik Sense, Microsoft BI, Tablueau, R Scripting
Scrum Master/Agile Coach
- Coached the knowledges of XP, Kanban, and Scrum to multiple software development teams based on the product/project features, organizational environment and improvement requirements from each team
- Founded the large international distributed cross functional Scrum Teams across four time-zones by advanced communication technologies.
- Facilitate Sprint ceremonies by adapting various effective techniques to ensure Daily scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retro and Backlog Refinement Meetings running efficiently and productively.
- Improved the team velocity by incorporating capacity projection into Sprint planning sessions.
- Coached POs and Developers how to refine backlogs, including developing User Story Mapping, breaking the Product Increment by Epics, Features and Stories and groomed and prioritized the backlog by the highest value as well as estimate the size of the stories.
- Tracked, escalated and removed impediments effectively by JIRA. Coached team become self-organized to find solution removing team level impediments. Also managed the interactions between stakeholders with scrum team to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team
- Tracked Burndown, issues, velocities, progress and other metrics in JIRA, Confluence and other tools to help team and POs plan and complete sprint goals productively. Prepared Bi-weekly Agile Status Report and participated portfolio level meeting to report scrum team performance
Scrum Master/Agile Project Management
- Facilitate Sprint ceremonies with Product Owners (POs) and Development Teams including Daily scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retro, Backlog Refinement Meetings
- Worked with the Scrum Teams and the organization to increase the transparency, inspection and adaptation of the development work, through team Sprint Backlog, Product Backlog, and completed Increments.
- Ensured that the Scrum teams adhered to Scrum value, theory and practices, and rules.
- Coached POs on developing User Story Mapping, including break the Product Increment by Epics, features and stories and prioritized the backlog by the highest value.
- Trained Developers and Product Owners on techniques to estimate the size of the stories.
- Coach team to removed impediments effectively, escalate impediments at enterprise level
- Protected teams from external influence and politics.
- Tracked Burndown and Velocity charts to estimate and manage team capacity
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Utilized the project charter, architecture approach, business process map to initialize the planning, scheduling and budgeting of IT Programs and Projects.
- Managed 5- 10 projects with multi-million dollar fund, typically spanning several years on the following area, but not limited to: Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Communications, Staffing, Risk and Issue Managements, Test, Configuration, and Change Management.
- Performed project planning session, including created and built the project schedules with work breakdown structures, resource allocation, and budget forecasting to generate and formalized the project baselines.
- Performed Issue and Risk Management, including utilize RAID strategy to identified and evaluated risks and issues as well as monitored and updated the Risk Register and Issue Log.
- Utilized Earned Value Management solution analysis to forecast Project Trend to compare the project status to the project baseline, including utilize the parameters such as ETC, and EAC to estimate the project “At Completion Cost”
- Utilized industry standard project management tools such as MS Project and Primavera P6 to provide weekly budgeting analysis reports, Gantt chart, and milestone reports.
- Facilitated and lead project kickoff meeting, planning meeting and weekly team meetings to effectively communicate with team and reviewed the ongoing risks or issues of the projects.
- Applied Change Requests, Versions and Addendums to the project charters as and when needed.