- To secure a career position utilizing my experience and skills
- Coordinating with multiple vendors and contractors to develop new shop in shop formats that align with the needs of the business. Working with fixture vendors and store formats to add flexibility in stores to show more new product during peak season, supporting beacon brands, while maintaining flexibility for seasonal product.
- Responsible for Capital project budgets, submissions, forecasting, and reconciliation.
- Built over 28 new stores across the USA from fixture installation to merchandise and training all new associates. Remodel 11 stores to food centers. Coordinating buying group & construction team to ensure on time build.
- Ensured proper execution of team financial goals including development/reforecasting sub - class plans, assortment planning, vendor planning, key item planning, MD management, and ad-hoc analysis focused on maximizing opportunities, and risk management.
- Store Manager multiple units simultaneously for Big Box retailers with 80 to 300 employees. Developed plans for inventory of multiples units with different demographics to increase profitability.
- Analyzed and reflect current trends in performance of strategy based on actual sales performance, revise in-season plans for sales and profitability. Control existing inventory levels while increasing margin.
Capital Project Manger
Confidential, Wayne, NJResponsibilities:
- Execute fixture orders for Capital / Expense Projects by analyzing the data provided and initiating the procurement process through sourcing, quoting, and requisitions.
- Work with members of the Asset Protection, Merchandise Presentation, Operations, and Visual Departments to develop vendor displays and dioramas that will meet the established guidelines of the company.
- Create costing at the inception of the Project(s), work with the cross functional team that will develop the plan for the Project(s) and Merchandising Resets to be executed at the store level.
- Convene a cross functional team that will develop the plan for the Project (s) and Merchandising Resets to be executed at the store level.
- Gather the information necessary to develop a comprehensive review upon completion on each project to determine if the project met the criteria established at the onset as well as the future projects improvement
- Lead the team that will develop and manage the execution of best-in-class Capital and Expense projects across both divisions of the company to provide customer-focused in-store presentations that support company imperatives and stay within budget and published timelines.
- Manage the team that will develop a fixture acquisition process to support the New / Remodel Store programs, and Capital Projects by analyzing data and initiating the procurement process through competitive sourcing, quoting, and requisitions. Source and manage outside vendors and suppliers to develop best-in-class fixture programs that meet project objectives.
- Oversee the team that will develop materials for store communications, instructional materials, and standards of excellence for proper execution of Capital and Expense programs as well as the day to day operation of the field for the items that fall under our purview.
Confidential, Jamestown, NYResponsibilities:
- Store Manager of two stores simultaneously. Warren Pa and Jamestown NY managed both stores to ensure profit was increased.
- Currently managing Jamestown NY increasing profit, installing company process to increase productivity and sales.
- Initiate new growth in appliances, cellular phones. Created a safe work environment for associates and customers. Improved company standards.
- Lead store associates through the execution of company business plans/objectives to drive sales, be profitable and provide a superior customer and associate experience.
- Opening and closing the store and maintaining proper accountability for cash handling and company assets.
- Manage an individual store while meeting store retail budgeted sales, margin, labor, expenses and overall P&L monthly results to ensure operating EBITDA and income are achieved.
- Schedule via the use of Red Prairie web base labor scheduler to meet customer service needs and complete operating activities and ensure the same standards of operation are enforced in the pharmacy department.
- Interview, hired, train, direct, reward, and discipline associates; appraise associate performance; and resolve complaints.
- Manage the adherence to all regulatory and compliance legislation and policies.
- Maintain merchandise standards according to the coaches playbook, forecast profit planner, corporate plan-o-grams and ongoing merchandise information.
- Supervise the preparation and accountability of retail store physical inventory and for developing action plans to achieve expected results.
- Manage and increase the store’s vendor relationships.
- County and State price audits were accurate for all goods in the store.
Field Supervisor Store Planning /Store Planning Manager
Confidential, Northeastern, SeaboardResponsibilities:
- Supervised 16 Store Planning associates in various locations in the EasternSeaboard simultaneously to ensure installation of remodel to food centers were completed on time and to company standards.
- Provided leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and demonstrating positive behaviors to both external and internal customers and associates.
- Made sure all permits, and legal obligations were in place for New Store construction.
- Partnered with buying group to ensure delivery of team financial goals including development/reforecasting sub-class plans, assortment planning, vendor planning, key item planning, MD management, and ad-hoc analysis focused on maximizing opportunities, and risk management.
- Prepared training of appropriate materials that drive action-oriented results. i.e. risk assessments; cost efficiency strategies
- Participated in store trips focusing on merchandise content, and store operations.
- Ensured all Supervisor were trained to complete new store installation from fixtures, merchandise and training of new associates.
- Directed and assisted associates in performing all job duties necessary to provide a clean, safe, and pleasing environment to customers and associates by following company standards for safety regulations and overall store appearance both inside and outside of the store; maintain and follow rules in Clean & Bright.
- Supervised existing store Remodels with Store team to ensure productivity and sales were maintained while under going complete remodels.
Assistant Store Manager/ Co- Manager
- Supervised all areas in a Division 1 Wal-Mart and Supercenter.
- Analyzed business performance and recommend financial strategy to support specific merchandise category.
- Planned development: sales, inventory, margin as well as monthly re-forecasting thru the Merchandise Plan Review, MD management, and supporting buying group in plan-o-gram assortment inline review process.
- Developed weekly sales, markdown and receipt plans at the class and sub class level based on partnership with the store organization regarding trend and assortment coupled with historical performance.
- Developed and manage ad reporting to support recommendations in sub-class plans. This may include reporting/managing below subclass as necessary to support business strategy.
- Provided leadership, insight and results for any meeting presenting or discussing the financial strategy, pre-season plan or forecast as indicated by the business structure
- Pre Merchandise Plan Review Seasonal Merchandise Plan Review
- Trained new recruits on processes to ensure safe refueling of fuel and cryogenics.
- Trained new recruits on the use of cryogenics and fuel delivery of Jet fuel.
- Ensured daily checklist to all processes were being used safely and accurately
- 5+ years experience in merchandise planning, allocation, financial analysis, buying
- Strong statistical/analytical skills including data retrieval, organization, presentation
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal skills
- Proficient in Excel, WS, Microsoft, Abode