Lead business and technology teams to deliver high business value using Agile methodology
- Accomplished Senior Manager with 10+ years of hands - on experience in leading and delivering large-scale, mission critical, technology projects and process solutions in the US and Global markets.
- Agile Scrum Methodology expertise in delivering business value in rapidly evolving and dynamic environments
- Dual Masters Degrees. Strong qualifications in full-cycle project management and cross-functional leadership highlighted by a track record of building motivated project teams.
- Top performer of consistently meeting/exceeding business goals, strategy-minded, customer service expectations, with strong work ethics, high integrity and ownership-oriented mindset.
- Unique combination of experience that integrates business and technical skills as a TPM, Product Owner/Program Manager, including personal skills to build strong relationships with third parties.
Operating systems: Windows Vista/2003/XP/2000/NT, Unix/Linux
Software tools: Microsoft Project, Visio, MS Office suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint), IBM Lotus Notes, Rally, Jira
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Managed multiple projects Marketing Automation and Decisioning (MAD) and Marketing Identity Manager (MIM) concurrently, including project plan development, resource planning, co ordination of project team, deliverables, testing, and implementation.
- Ensured all project documentation standards and governance requirements are met within the required timeframes in accordance with the appropriate Project Management Framework designated for the given project.
- Led integration of seamless Operations across MUB’s platform, which included procuring infrastructure on-premises (CHDC) and drive innovation by working with teams on new technologies, tools and ideas to ensure that the platforms are constantly evolving to meet the ever-changing needs.
- Stay current on the dynamic trending capabilities, engaged in Vendor contract negotiations and vendor relations management, while staying within budget.
- Established and conducted meetings to communicate expectations, project roles, status updates, track open issues, and developed Implementation Project Plan and Change Control process for distribution to project participants.
- Identified and managed project dependencies and critical path items while ensuring project quality by utilizing appropriate methodologies and available to manage production issues and off-hours support and coordination.
- Participate in the effort to work with multi-discipline partners with the ability to work in Agile, Waterfall and hybrid delivery models.
- Managed internal customer relationships with our business partners and champion the employee and business stakeholder experience.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Technical Project /Program Manager
- End-to-end program manager “Above the Line Spend” (ATLS) that comprises of Amex Assistant and Amex P2P projects. This is a new energetic team of high-performers with opportunities to adopt innovative technologies by defining the next generation of native software services for web, analytics and mobile apps. This is accomplished by collaborating with different engineering teams to build a platform of reusable building blocks that provide a foundation for our businesses to innovate faster and drive competitive advantage.
- ATLS projects use a decoupled architecture, separating the front-end and the back-end into distinct/standalone applications, and, as a design feature, REST APIs have been designed to facilitate data interchange via JSON. The team's applications also interface with 15 downstream services having the majority being stateless, and utilizing various authentication/authorization strategies as well as incorporating APIGEE.
- Managed a critical delivery for Amex Assistant (MYCA portfolio) by helping structure the team optimally, determined the roles and responsibilities and working model, achieved productivity improvements, and enhanced Agile working practices.
- Proficient in SDLC including preparing Requirement Specification documents, facilitate user story sizing and estimation, design documents, Implementation Plan, Test cases and Analysis, User Training documents and Technical Help documents to make sure we are complaint with audit requirements.
- Formed a strong partnership with the team-architects, engineers, quality analysts, Product Owners and maintained morale and encouraged team building through micro team building events and maintaining a positive attitude to deliver the first high-tech products or services for the digital and web development group.
- Engaged in hands-on software design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- As a RTE for ATLS, approve RFC, facilitate and coordinate production installs, establish maintain and communicate development schedule for product releases, environment schedules and ensured feature releases that delivered value to customers where multiple teams, release trains, or solution groups are involved in development and release by hosting RTC (Release Train Coordination) meetings as needed.
- Ensured that the Product readiness Managers are in coordination of program level initiatives that cross multiple release trains.
- Track and communicate team velocity, owner of the project financial management and view in clarity and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports including budgeting and reporting.
- Focus improvements in profit and ROI through resource allocation strategies and drive discussions with a focus on continuous improvements, developed Agile teams, and monitor performance by addressing impediments or product quality issues.
- Coordinate communications on an E2E level, provide timely and accurate team status to upper management proven success with risk management, team leadership, escalate and facilitate resolution of risks, remove barriers from the team and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
Sr. Product Owner
- Versatile product management professional that led three separate Agile product teams - Conducted discovery of product requirements, defined/maintained product roadmaps, maintained and prioritized the backlog responsible for defining entire product portfolio vision, strategy and roadmap, often times acting as the executive for products.
- Worked with internal and external stakeholders to communicate on product plan and gathered feedback from high-profile partnerships and applied new trends and competitive best practices into product roadmap and requirements.
- As a PO for the Funding Processor (FP) and Funding Source Gateway (FSG) a global Payment Gateway System, gathered analysis of product specifications and enhancements, influenced new vendor agreements by demonstrating value of intellectual property to alliance partners to support the Credit / Debit / Banking Network.
- Managed day-to-day activities of products, prioritized user stories fulfilling all INVEST criteria, continuously groomed the backlog, developed Scrum Team Maturity Scorecard paving the way for higher Productivity, Responsiveness, Predictability and Quality and communicated and build consensus across disciplines to articulate a long-term product roadmap with clearly defined business value, metrics and targets in conjunction with Director.
- Processed electronic Funds Transfers, via the Funding Source Gateway that we integrated with Bank De Mexico/ Enlace Karpay (Real Time banking money movement system) to process all real-time Mexico Banking Transactions designed to generated >$1M in incremental revenue. The Funding Source Gateway also integrates with IMA ( Confidential, MYCA Globestar) (batch-time banking money movement)
- FSG offered features like Payment Authorization Service, Capture, Return Service, Reversal, Disputes, Settlement and client databases, EFT Funds In (Payment/Banking Network transactions) and EFT Funds Out (Payment/Banking Network transactions)
- Coordinated First Data (FDR GGE4) integrations to process Credit Card payments, including compliance and AML/Anti-Fraud principles.
- Led efforts in FSG integration with IMA ( Confidential ), third party vendor to process Direct Deposit and Direct Debit Payment, estimates transactions that generated $5M+ annual recurring revenue for entire product line.
- FSG application integrated with Wells Fargo, for Jackson Hewitt and Verifone via Rest API to disburse funds to the Serve Card, application that accelerated revenue growth of mature product portfolio from 0% to 10% yearly.
- Leader for product management, driving overall direction, helping to manage other product managers and managing internal finance and provisioning product.
- Responsible for creating continuous improvement plan for team members and process including market and quantitative research and analysis, related to product and set up demos with relevant stakeholders and sign off to “accept” each user story during sprint.
- Creating user stories and working with UI/UX designers for product features delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization.
- Helped the teams to develop and deploy high-quality software by defect/issue tracking, delivering fully functional product increments and strengthening the approach of shipping early and often.
- Collaborated and communicated with the delivery teams, accepting or rejecting work results, experience with pivotal tracker, protect team from over-commitment and steered the projects by forecasting and tracking progress.
- Creative with forward-thinking solutions to analyze product performance for post-launch future investment evaluation, supported development of appropriate tracking and reporting tools.
- Experience in Consumer Lending Delivery Portfolio, Resource Utilization and Training the team in Consumer Lending Portfolio Management and Release Management.
- Coordinate the technology delivery of the lending functionality across lines of business and organizations, to include originations, underwriting, booking/closing, loan & lease accounting, servicing, portfolio management, asset management and collateral management.
- Led the Agile transformation of teams from SDLC waterfall to Agile Feature Focused Development Lifecycle.
- Responsible and accountable to face challenges from teams to adopt and improve agile best practices in the group and organization.
- Coordinated in weekly estimation meetings to provide high-level estimates (Story Points) for backlog items.
- As a PM for Global EMV (chip and pin/signature) Prepaid Card technology platform, launched products built for Mexico, UK and Target markets.
- Managed global rollouts of smart/chip/EMV, debit, credit, and gift/stored-value cards including the implementation teams, hardware, software, EMV, risk, testing, and budgets.
- Managed teams to create the Network Authorization and Card Creation for these cards.
- Managed the migration of the Smart Card “ Confidential ” card to Contactless.
Confidential, Gilbert, AZ
- Led efforts in the established of the new Consumer Lending Portfolio Management and Governance Team within the transformation Roadmap Integration.
- Focused teams on business objectives and tracked progress to ensure project milestones were completed on time.
- Exceeded business development goals by expanding company's product reach and profit revenues by 30% in 6 months.
- Skilled in decision making processes such as cost-benefit analysis, return on investment, risk management.
- Experience in managing diverse business lines-Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, Cash Management, Home Mortgage, in LOS-Loan originations and post origination systems, Home Equity, Educational Financial Services, Consumer Credit Card, Rewards and Enhancements Services and Personal Credit Management businesses.
Confidential, Tempe, AZ
- Extensive experience in overall management including resolving issues and conflicts, escalation of issues to senior leadership, controlling staff, capacity planning, budgeting, scheduling, work breakdown structures, resolving issues and conflicts, financial flow, expense controls, and facilities management.
- Experience in Mortgage Operations, loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as jumbo, and government products.
Sr. Project Manager
- Project-managed large-scale initiatives involving the transition of programs to new platforms and the merger of disparate systems from acquired client companies.
- Wrote business plan and executed various integration processes confirming to specifications of business.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Liaised with business and functional owners during high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Collaborated, facilitated, and led teams responsible for developing software products and automated tools to providers.
- Helped manage risk analysis and mitigation plans, status reports, and client presentations, prepared business process models, defined milestone deliverables, and established critical success factors.