- Results - driven professional with strengths in software test management, validation, project management and client service, combined with strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly achieve high quality results through positive influence
- Successful in building and sustaining positive, business relationships
- Demonstrated cross-functional team player and individual contributor
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Project Management Certificate Program completed - PMBOK
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) knowledge and experiences
Applications: Microsoft Outlook, Explorer, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, Lotus Notes, (Microsoft Office versions 97, 2000, 2003, XP, 2007, Vista)
Tools: Bugzilla, Testopia, Subversion, Rational RequisitePro, HP Quality Center, Mainframe File Comparison Tool, File Aid, Serena s TeamTrack Defect Tracking Tool, T-Plan, Kermit
Databases: SQL Server 2000, DB2, Oracle, Sybase
Languages: TSO, JCL, CICS, Fortran, VB, Visual FoxPro, .NET, Java Script
Reports: Cognos, Crystal Reports, Workbench (Report Writers)
Other Technologies: CSCOMP File, Infopac, Keyfast, UDMS, VMS, UNIX
Windows: 95, 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP Professional, 2007
Industries: Biopharmaceutical, Cable, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, Education, Energy, Financial, Health Care, Insurance, Information Technology/Communication, Mortgage and Transportation
Project Management: Follow PMBOK Project Phases Contract, Initiating, Planning, Executing and Controlling, and Closing for all client projects simultaneously located in 4 different states, Montreal and India
QA/Test Management: Managed QA Teams of various sizes, skills sets both automation and manual testers and in different industries
SDLC Models: Agile and Waterfall and many client s in-house blended versions of Waterfall and Agile
Confidential, Radnor, PA
Project Test Release Manager
- Worked closely with 6 Core (US) Delivery Managers for 3 consecutive Releases to understand their individual scopes, set up test shells and test sets, approved test scripts, updated testing statuses of objects, and ensure all required SAP testing completed by scheduled ‘planned execution dates’ for both Development Cycle testing and Integration testing environments in HPQC.
- Managed defects to ensure they were being worked on and resolved in a timely manner; all updates current and ‘estimated completion dates’ valued, and defect workflow followed.
- Held Weekly Defect Meetings for all open defects for both Core (US) and Region (Europe) Sites and solicit updates from the person ‘Assigned To’ the open defects. Between weekly defect meetings, sent reminder notices when defects comments, statuses and/or ‘estimated completion dates’ had passed, and required attachments and field values were missing.
- Prepared HPQC Defect Daily Extract Report and sent to Delivery Managers and Senior Management.
- Ran HPQC Daily Extract Report to determine number of Objects/Enhancements/SCR’s delivered/not delivered, tested/not tested and test scripts approved/not approved and followed up with Delivery Managers to acquire current statuses.
- Attended Bi-Weekly Team Meetings and provided Object’s testing statuses, and escalated when defects and/or resource constraints impacted testing.
- Maintained SharePoint Project folders.
- Provided guidance and answered questions to help project team members understand established workflows for defects, testing as well as how to use HPQC.
Project Test Manager
- Managed the development of test strategies, test planning, execution and defect tracking across 3 new project “work streams” that were part of an enterprise initiative to update the existing claims processing systems. A 3rd party vendor’s applications and oracle database was incorporated to stream line the current claims processing systems flow in order to store, retrieve and update claims information which consists of Client, Consumer, and Policy data.
- Managed QA project plans for 3 new project “work streams”.
- Evaluated existing QA Vendor’s resources to determine if they had the necessary SQL & Data Warehouse skill sets for testing these initiatives.
- Prepared and presented monthly ‘actuals’ reports to management that showed the amount of time spent on assigned testing tasks and provided recommendations to work smarter and more efficiently to help reduce time spent on each task.
- Identified ‘gaps’ or inefficiencies in current processes and procedures and offered suggestions for improvements.
- Worked closely with Program Manager to understand the overall program project plan, environment and data needs for all 6 work streams.
- Managed staff of 2 on-shore Project Test Leads and 8 off-shore test engineers, and responsible for coaching, mentoring, and to help them achieve career goals.
- Off-site Project Manager - Managed 5 client engagements: 1 Appls/Dev Project with a team size of 15 resources comprised of Development, QA, BA and a DA located in Richardson, Texas and India. 4 QA Centric Projects were primarily resource management initiatives with a total of 11 resources located in 4 different states: Seattle, WA, Chicago, IL, Princeton, NJ, and Plymouth Meeting, PA, and 17 resources and 1 on-site lead in Montreal, which involved multiple projects. Management of all projects required daily resource and client interaction, attendance to all project related meetings and managed project schedules.
- QA SME responsibilities included mentoring tester resources, guiding daily QA activities and training new hires.
- Additional responsibilities included maintaining all internal Projects SMP sites, scheduled internal team and customer kick-off meetings, reviewed and provided input to SOW and pricing, gathered stakeholder and team member’s contact information, scope and estimation of project requirements, established project schedules and budget, Communication Plans, Quality Plans, On-Boarding & Off-Boarding Checklists, Expense Reports, Financials, Monthly Burn Down reports, PCR’s (Project Change Requests), Daily updates to Project logs: Activities/Risk Register/Action log, Resource log, managed resources, coordinated team weekly and monthly meetings, scheduled periodic client visits, and prepared weekly project statuses to management. Other impromptu meetings scheduled as needed to immediately address and resolve any client resource concerns or project related issues.
- TEKsystems Internal Unified Project Management Methodology - PMBOK
Quality Assurance Senior Consultant/Project Manager
- Managed Migration from XP to Windows 7 Project - Prepared preliminary discovery questions to understand scope and client environment, coordinated and managed the project requirements gathering by scheduling and conducting meetings with all internal stakeholder departments impacted by the migration. Also, provided guidance and final review of QA Test Plan, Test Strategy and 1st draft of test cases to ensure all clients’ required information was captured, accurate test estimates documented and the plan was comprehensive for the testing of the migration initiative.
Quality Assurance Senior Consultant/Project Manager
- Evaluated current PECO Energy QA processes, artifacts and tools in place and provided recommendations for improvements and direction for the initial implementation of these changes. The following were documents prepared for PECO offering recommendations and documentation of current processes and workflows: Test Suite Infrastructure, Provided Test Plan and Test Case templates to help standardize testing project documentation, Refine the use of the test management tool - Quality Center, Establish Formal Testing Entrance and Exit Criteria, Create Defect Definition and Workflow document, and assisted with management of testing the new software release.
Quality Assurance Senior Consultant/Project Manager
- Managed Interview process: Conducted interviews to select quality assurance candidates with specific SQL testing related skill sets to help build a few testing teams for Confidential to prepare for testing new project initiatives. After each interview, documented all resource summaries, evaluated and recommended best candidates for open positions.
Quality Assurance Senior Team Lead Analyst/Manager
- Senior Team Lead Analyst responsible for managing the test strategy, test planning and execution of a new Claims Processing SQL & Web based application, with Cognos reporting, per Core and Client requirements to ensure all testing was completed on time per requirements. Participated in client conference calls to understand their issues and requirement needs.
- Prepared and managed new build test approach and assignments to ensure all testing activities were properly estimated, assigned and completed by predetermined deadlines.
- Worked closely with Lead Developer to discuss bugs filed, understand scope of next build and reviewed new functionality with individual developers as needed to understand complexity and time needed to test
- Initiated implementation of Defect Tracking tool, 'Bugzilla' and a compatible Test Case Repository tool 'Testopia'. Added fields to create traceability between the two applications and for reporting purposes. Also, maintained defect workflow document for project team to reference. Communicated all project testing statuses, project metrics and risk assessment to Management Team
- Prepared Lessons Learned document, recommendation for improvement to documentation of requirements and QA Project Plan for management review and consideration
- Managed staff of 4 consultant test analysts and 1 employee. Provide test direction and career guidance.
Quality Assurance Senior Test Consultant
- System Testing first release of a new SQL & Web based application customized from a third party vendor’s patented application to meet Lincoln Financial's Retirement Planning business needs
- Created Smoke Test Plans for 5 components and Single Sign On functionality, and were executed in every new weekly build to ensure application stability
- Developed requirement based, alternative, and negative test case plans for many of the application’s component screens along with the development of Single Sign On test cases, also completed during each new build
- Identified, documented and escalated all “show stopping” issues to management same day
- All issues documented in ‘Trackit’ BUG tracking system in a timely manner
- Communicated all project testing statuses to Management Team by expected target date
- Participated in conference calls with vendor and management to review issues identified, agreed upon their severity and acquired target dates for resolution
Quality Assurance Lead Consultant
- TQA Team Lead responsible for managing new consultant team members and work with Confidential ’s TQA “Business as Usual” Testing Team until new Test Lab was built
- Executed regression test cases for all Bedrock releases on various Windows platforms in pre-production test environment and always completed prior to scheduled target date
- Lead TQA Team that received the “Moving Boulders Award” for recognition of successful early completion of all Bedrock Regression tests, even though code deployment was delayed to TQA environment
- Developed test cases and documented defects for CD 5.0 Wizard for multiple platforms in Mercury Quality Center
- Coordinated and performed daily “Health Check” tests on CADM, Account Manager, and Bedrock applications to ensure TQA environment was stable before deployment of new releases
- TQA Lead of Time Warner and Adelphia Email Migration initiative. Worked closely with QA Team Lead to develop and execute required test cases to ensure all code and connectivity was in place. Executed and updated test scripts and documented defects in Mercury Quality Center
- Prepared Lessons Learned document and presented to management
- Managed staff of 2 consultant test engineers. Provided test direction, career guidance and personal development
- Mentor to a Coop - reviewed resume, work assignments and presentation, also, provided career guidance
Quality Assurance Manager
- Managed the development of test strategy, test planning and execution across 4 Legacy Products and New SQL & Web based application, utilizing SunGard data and business practices, to ensure that all phases of testing have been completed on time and coincide with business and product requirements
- Managed resource allocation plan to ensure all testing tasks were appropriately assigned and completed
- Worked closely with Directors to ensure that all testing activities were properly estimated and scheduled
- Created Master Test Plans for all releases and managed testing assignments across all business units
- Major/Minor Releases required involvement of all Software Products Group business areas to become familiar with all changes, stay on schedule and release on time
- Managed QA Servers and their set up for all testing initiatives
- Developed prioritization and test strategies for various test types: Smoke, Functional, Regression, Performance, etc.
- Supervised New Build and Escalation Request items via internal Defect Tracking Application to ensure they moved through proper workflows timely and audit trails established
- Communicated all project testing statuses, project metrics and risk assessment to Management Team
- Participated in client conference calls to understand their issues and coordinated similar in-house testing to ensure resolution
- Managed Load Runner test engineer during performance testing of multiple web-based projects and coordinated various activities of performance testing
- Managed staff of 3 test engineers and responsible for career and goal setting plans
Quality Assurance Test Lead Analyst
- QA Lead Test Analyst on two of five Rx Strategy Projects, New Data Elements and Common Projection Methodology Rx Strategy Initiative was forecasted to restructure and centralize the processing of client data received and stored in house. These projects were in the early stages defining requirements, code design and test planning. Responsibilities included attending requirements gathering meetings, project team meetings, design review meetings, scheduled meetings with team members to plan test approaches, reviewed and approved requirements, prepared required test plan documents, created high-level test scripts
- Lead Tester of two IMS-EarlyView Releases of which involved Mainframe, NT, Web and Platform testing of all supported client configurations. Also, Lead Test Analyst of the IMS-HIPAA Initiative that consisted of a series of projects that were designed to de-identify all existing patient personal history information and any new data received via client supplier files to be incompliance with the new HIPAA IRS regulations
- For all IMS Projects, attended and provided current testing status during project team meetings, scheduled design review meetings, met with team members to develop test approaches, reviewed and approved requirements, prepared required test plan documents, utilized RequistePro a requirement management tool, created individual test scripts to properly verify each phase of the projects, informed Program and Q/A Managers of issues identified while testing, initiated fault review team meetings when necessary, and tracked all issues in Lotus Notes Fault Tracker
- The testing team established a close and productive working relationship with the developers on all projects, and successfully completed one EarlyView Release a month early that increased revenue earnings immediately
- All other IMS Projects were completed by their scheduled production rollout dates and they all had a direct impact on revenue earnings for the company
Quality Assurance Lead Test Analyst
- QA Lead Test Analyst on a number of Web Application Initiatives
- Responsible for testing of the IQ1 Application which consisted of verification of the RIMS & Dealer GUI Screens changes & CMSA Client Financial Reports generated in excel format. Performed high-level verification of the New IQ2 Web Application and comparison of IQ1 & IQ2 and what screen information should remain in IQ1
- Lead Test Analyst of the Watch List Application and responsibilities entailed verification of reports and report data generated from the application and validated table values via SQL queries
- Utilized T-Plan to record and track all issues identified during testing
- All projects were completed by their predetermined project end dates
Quality Assurance Lead Test Analyst
- QA Test Lead Analyst of both SuRPAS Mainframe ‘Classic’ and Desktop Project Initiatives for various external clients
- Client Projects included PFS, ADP, and Schwab
- Responsible for the execution and verification of tests in a client/server environment to support a financial application used in the mutual fund/broker community
- The preparation and execution of detailed test plans derived from an analysis of functional requirements and programming specifications to test the in-house software
- Attended all project meetings, work directly with developers, internal and external clients, provided timely and accurate testing statuses to management throughout the life cycle of a project
- All projects were successfully completed by the predetermined timeframes
- Received a certificate for my team work and exemplary dedicated efforts to meet all of the project deadlines
Quality Assurance Lead Test Analyst
- QA Lead Test Analyst of Law School Admissions Council’s Admit-M Releases and Admit-M Crystal Report Project Assignments.
- Admit-M is an Admissions Office Processing System, individually customized and locally installed at the Law Schools
- Lead the testing efforts of the Admit-M Portion of the New Electronic Applications Clearinghouse Process Initiative - Tested law school applications entered via the Web, school’s ‘wrapped’ file imported into school’s Admit-M application and verified against the updated field values per specifications. Tested new enhancements and customized functionality requested by the Law Schools delivered in quarterly releases. Also, periodically tested and documented results of special/ rescue requests received from individual Law Schools
- Reviewed and approved specifications, created test scripts, prepared and executed acceptance test plans, informed Business, Program and Q/A Managers of issues identified while testing, created and maintained a problem log, and worked closely with developers.
- Identified and provided new enhancement recommendations to the Business, Program and Q/A Managers
Quality Assurance Test Consultant
- QA Test Consultant with Lead responsibilities for both the ‘Member Group’ and ‘Precert and Ancillary Authorization’ Interface project Initiatives
- Tested screens changes to both the Common Optimed System, a UNIX based processing system, and the TXEN GUI screens, NDM transmission process and verified the upload of data from COS to TXEN was correct and created the appropriate screens according to each test case scenario
- Reviewed and approved specifications, prepared and executed acceptance test plans, informed project leader of issues identified while testing, created and maintained a problem log, worked closely with developers and successfully met scheduled elevation dates
- Responsible for testing new development initiatives evolved as a result of researching production errors, informed clients of outstanding issues, discussed and acquired information from the business areas and provided recommendations for improvements to the current interface
Quality Assurance Test Team Leader
- The project assignments included testing Mainframe and Lotus Notes applications, Voice System, File Aid, DB2, CICS, Sybase, UNIX, and Windows NT platforms
- Project Testing Team Leader in Vanguard’s Workflow Management Department: managed software testing teams through every phase of a project’s life cycle, informed program developers, internal clients and project team members of current project status, coordinated acceptance testing and provided post-rollout support
- Applied project management methodologies (Summitt-D) to develop test estimate timelines and project task plans to support the business needs
- Supervised Software Testing Teams and personnel across multiple business units in the completion of tasks related to project timelines
- Set standards for communication and documentation within project teams, resulting in the completion of tasks ahead of schedule
- Identified and implemented “Priorities of Work” and “No-Later-Than” times for completion of scripts, exceptions, systems and client acceptance test plans
- Demonstrated the ability to identify, document and elevate exceptions in an efficient and professional manner as they occurred during system testing
- Evaluated and developed personnel on a continuous and measured basis to ensure project tasks were performed according to a defined set of standards
- Provided clear and concise project statuses and elevation memorandums to several business areas and all levels of management
- Dedicated in providing quality customer service, new service and system software enhancements, and job accomplishment