HR DIRECTOR & PROJECT COORDINATOR
Confidential, Washington, D.C.
- Manages the HR department for an 8(a), woman - owned small consulting firm with a strong focus in management consulting, transformation, and mission support services
- Oversees 33+ contract personnel staff providing a range of professional services across BPA and IDIQ contracts, including Project Managers, Technical Writers, Correspondence Specialists, Data Analysts, Database Managers, Web Developers, and Financial Analysts
- Collaborates with hiring managers, and business development/proposal teams to assess recruiting needs and RFP skill set requirements in the BD pipeline, establish metrics for job boards, and interview/hire for DC, MD, and VA-based federal agency clients.
- Overhauled and manages employee experience model, streamlining and enhancing recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and performance evaluation process in alignment with organizational goals and culture
- Manages internal Corporate Communications Strategy, including quarterly company newsletter, cross-team training, corporate all-hands conference, and team building/volunteer events
- Facilitates onboarding and benefits administration, including third-party broker relationships, claims resolutions, change reporting, and open enrollment
- Writes press releases and social media posts for brand marketing, as well as assist with white papers, proposals, and capability briefings
- Serves as Project Coordinator on Administrative Support contract with the U.S. Dept. of Transportation’s Federal Railroad Administration
- Leads efforts for employee engagement, including brown bag presentations, happy hours, and other team building activities
- Coordinates and communicates with employees, clients, and contracting officers at client sites
- Oversees quality and ensures client deliverables were achieved within scope, budget, and schedule per contract parameters, working directly with Contracting Officer Representatives
- Tracks time, reviews weekly reports, tracks deliverables; produces and manages monthly contract status reports submitted to the clients
- Manages all contract employees to include creating the most effective organizational structure for the division, providing career development opportunities and guidance, handling personnel issues, & conducting monthly and annual assessments with raise and bonus determinations
Confidential - Washington, D.C.
- Developed and coordinated NIH-funded research grants focused on nutritional and dietary factors in cancer prevention; supported the recruitment and tracking of over 100 individuals participating in clinical trials and registries to meet enrollment goals and improve subject retention
- Performed data/statistical analyses on primary study data using SAS for manuscript preparation and submission to peer-reviewed journals
- Produced data reports for supervisors and evaluated program success at 6-month time point
- Served as liaison for patient requests for medical and genetic testing records and referrals to genetic counseling; streamlined genetic counselor access to over 1000 clinical patient records by arranging electronic indexing and storage of patient records
Confidential - Columbus, Ohio
- Coordinated research project in a laboratory focused on studying the role of maternal nutritional and psychosocial factors on the health and development of young children. Responsible for study set up, team training, and managing day to day operations in the lab.
Confidential - Chapel Hill, NC
- Coordinated project and planned an intervention to support toddlers with autism and their families and study role of dietary factors in increased rates of autism
- Designed experimental protocol for submission to IRB & performed data entry, analysis, quality checking, & organization of major datasets. Planned and implemented early-intervention for children and their families with autism and coordinated community outreach events to promote awareness for autism. Recruited participants, screened for eligibility, and conducted interviews for data collection
Confidential - Chapel Hill, NC
- Collaborated to write experiment and helped manage IRB application for social psychology study focused on the effects of gratitude in close relationships.
- Recruited participants, scheduled visits, and administered experiment to participants.
- Coded and analyzed data and produced reports to be submitted to Principal Investigator
ADMINISTRATIVE AND TEACHING ASSISTANT
Confidential - Durham, NC
- Tutored students with learning and intellectual disabilities in reading, writing, and math
- Developed individual student programming and group lesson plans
- Planned and coordinated school-wide fundraising events