- Accomplished technology professional with over 22 years of experience planning, developing and implementing solutions for customers in software development, telecommunications and information technology. 17 years of project management experience with over 8 years in program management. Results oriented leader with a consistent track record of performance in startup, high growth and turnaround situations. Excellent customer relationship development abilities. Utilize keen analysis and insight to drive organizational improvements and implementation of best practices.Expert in collaborating with business leaders to identify requirements and presenting solutions with compelling business returns.
- Proposal development and strong oral presentation skills, proven project management and supervisory skills demonstrated through a consistent record of exceeding expectations. Excellent issue resolutions skills. Consistently able to obtain additional or follow on business with customers.
- Extensive experience leading software development teams to achieve organizational and customer objectives. A self starter, able to work independently or as a vital team member. Strong experience in software development lifecyle management. Strong background in scope control, team building and resource management, budgets, schedule and risk management, deliverable acceptance and customer acceptance processes.
- Pursuing a challenging opportunity that requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to solve complex problems. Interested in account management, program management, consulting and organizational development in technology related fields.
- Proficiency in formal project management methods, including earned value management
- Experience - honed approach to risk aversion, risk management, and change control
- Experience with MS Project and Project Server, all MS Office tools, Rational FocalPoint, DOORS, SharePoint and many other tracking tools and systems
- Fixed price project management experience
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts across a wide range of audiences
- Ability to lead, direct and motivate teammates and resources to achieve or exceed team and shared goals
- Provides a calming influence in stressful situations
- Able to bring clarity to unclear, complex situations
- Ability and commitment to independently learn vast, complex systems or products
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients, cultivating and growing relationships over time
- Recipient of numerous excellence awards
- Strong work ethic
Confidential, Helena, MT
- management and oversight of the project management office.
- Process and tools governance, status reporting, customer deliverables, quality assurance activities, scope management and schedule management.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Director of Projects
- Oversight of three large scale projects in the Confidential totaling over $75M. Projects were large scale system integration including software development, land mobile radio communications, wireless data radio communications, vehicle installations and dispatch control systems. Additional responsibilities include PMO development, customer management, staff management and coaching, budget and new business development.
- Providing direct, hands-on leadership and management of activities during project execution for one of the more troubled projects in the greater Seattle area. Able to turn around a strained customer relationship and bring the project back to a point where predictable outcomes were possible.
Confidential, Helena, MT
- Brought in to the program to turn around a troubled customer relationship and provide the leadership to turn around troubled projects.
- This recently resulted in a $7.3M five year follow on contract with the state of Montana following a competitive procurement. Significantly improved customer satisfaction through consistent delivery of projects and on time resolution of operational issues during the first three months on the job. Improved client project and operational reporting mechanisms. Increased staff effectiveness, job satisfaction and morale through the development of trust, team chemistry and consistent use of project methodologies. Java/Oracle combined with mainframe ADS/O-IDMS legacy system operations maintenance and system modernization. Case management combined with financial management in mission critical environment.
- Responsible for oversight and management of a 2 year development of a next generation system including Java, Struts, Hibernate, Oracle and Jrules architecture. Refined project status reporting process to provide key stakeholders with a clear view of all project milestones, budget and major issues through the completion of the project. Provided critical project team integration and leadership duties through the first 18 months of the project. The system is currently in production with high customer satisfaction.
- Oversight and management of a $16 million project to design, procure and construct a state of the art public safety radio system spanning the northern and central regions of Montana. The project involved development of over 30 communication sites, microwave system design and deployment to support a Motorola SmartZone VHF trunked radio system. Responsible for management of contractors, budget, schedule and scope control.
Confidential, Bozeman, MT
Director of Operations
- Managed operational departments including Finance, IT, Customer Service and Warehouse Operations with 30+ staff.
- Responsible for $7 million budget development and management, systems operations, staffing and project management activities.
- Increased profitability through multifaceted strategies including: design, development and implementation of a product management system to control and track product costs, decreased overall cost of goods sold by 6% in 60 days, established systems to support a strategy to reduce marketing costs by 5% while maintaining sales revenue, management of day to day cash flow keeping accounts payable current through extremely tight revenue months.
- Programs and strategies employed then are still in place and the company is still operating profitably.
Confidential, Bozeman, MTProgram Manager
- Delivered IT consulting projects including e-commerce, web design and web based tool designs. Provided services as a c ontract release manager for Confidential
- Completed system improvement, software release process evaluation.
- Tracked and managed multiple releases of the Bridger Tracker software.
- Deliverables included business process analysis of existing CRM application and Project Management methodologies.
- Delivered requirements document, functionality map and recommendations document.
Confidential, Bozeman, MT
- Joined the company in the very early stages of startup to oversee systems implementation.
- Successfully developed project management tools, processes and culture for the company through establishment of monitor and control systems.
- Projects included multiple simultaneous microwave engineering projects, distribution site and backbone build-out projects.
- Management of the microwave engineering and field implementation groups.
- Successfully implemented an integrated order tracking, project management and CRM system.
- Complete tracking of the customer lifecycle, from initial contact information, to quote, to order, through implementation, and maintenance phases.
- Tracked and provided reports on all phases of project management for strategic revenue forecasting.
Confidential, Bozeman, MT
Professional Services Project Manager
- Management of all technical consulting and onsite training projects.
- Managed direct charges, other company resources and partners to complete projects within tight timeframes.
- Provided estimates to customer requests for customizations, integrations, and scripting projects.
- Responsible for providing data for forecasting, group structuring, and new hire projections.
- Provided technical support to consultants on the road.
- Coordination of projects with sales, development and other Professional Services groups.
Technical Support Team Lead
- Responsibilities included team building, recruitment, interviews, workload management, scheduling, and overall development of the group to achieve high customer satisfaction ratings. Development of processes and procedures within a rapidly expanding group.
- Other responsibilities include second level customer support involving extensive trouble shooting of Confidential Web and utilities.
- This required extensive knowledge and troubleshooting on multiple platforms including Windows NT, UNIX, and Linux running Oracle, MySQL, and MS SQL Server. Voted by fellow employees as the most organized member of the Customer Service department.
Confidential, Bozeman, MT
- Project manager to lead the development and engineering of a new technology gaming machine.
- Oversight and management of software and hardware design in conjunction with marketing and jurisdictional requirements.
- Development of project plans, roles and responsibilities documentation, as well as coordination of team schedules and activities in multiple cities.
Production Support/Test Engineer
- Completed software installation, setup, testing, training, and on-site testing with customers and various approval agencies.
- In-depth knowledge of system level functionality for PC interface, UNIX processes, Oracle database, UNIX based front-end processor, proprietary site controllers, and various manufacturers’ gaming machines.
- Successfully completed system approval testing in Melbourne Australia.
- Project Engineer for a new program to enhance and coordinate design and development activities between senior management, marketing, engineering and manufacturing.
Confidential, Townsend, MT
- Implementation of new information technology tools and systems.
- Coordinated all phases of printing projects within the printing plant.
- Completed customer estimates, provided design recommendations and managed scheduling.
- Coordinated all projects with production manager, graphics, and third party graphics companies.