Accomplished IT executive with proven leadership experience. Exceptional background analyzing business needs to design, develop, and implement IT solutions that streamline systems/processes. Strategic planner with aptitude for strengthening productivity and financial performance. Track record launching and directing successful enterprise technology infrastructure projects. Critical change agent with reputation for guiding organizational transformations. Adept at building and leading project management teams through all lifecycle phases.Team Building & Leadership Infrastructure Management Solution Architecture Lifecycle Project/Program Management Technology Integration Risk Management IT Procurement Technology Partner/Vendor Relations Strategic Planning Regulatory Compliance Data Center Migrations and build - outs Resource/Performance Management Training/Mentoring P&L
- Microsoft Windows, UNIX, RHEL Linux, VMware
- Datacenter management, SAN Architecture and Integration, Virtualization, Data Management, Server Management, Network Management, Storage Management, VoIP Cisco Phone Systems, SIP and PRI experience, MPLS and WAN routing
- Clarity, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server, Oracle Unified Directory Services, LDAP, SQL Server, Cisco Confidential, Unix, RHEL, AIX
- Server, Citrix MetaFrame/Presentation Server, VMWare View, NDS, GroupWise, NAS/SAN, VOIP Technology, VTC Technology, A/V design
- Dell, HP, IBM, Sun Solaris, Cisco Nexus platforms and Cisco Switch technology, Juniper, EMC, 3Par,
Confidential, Calabasas, CA
Manager - Data Center Operations
- Member of the IT Group's strategic management team, managed the operation of the Enterprise
- Data Center infrastructure in alignment with the business objectives of Confidential .
- Managed the financial aspects of the department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review with an annual budget of $13M.
- Defined and implemented departmental policies, procedures and best practices including those for security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Managed department staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, developmentevaluation and disciplinary actions for a staff of 24 full time employees.
- Managed department audit requirements for internal audits, system access audits, data center and secure area access audits as well as industry Confidential audits.
- OpenNMS, Wily / CEM (Customer Experience Monitor) to monitor critical .net and Java web transactions and Splunk
- Collaborated with Directors and Managers to move the Technology Shared Services and
- Application Development areas to ITIL best practices, and implementation of formal SDLC methodologies for all significant projects.
- Solely responsible for managing all phases of several key initiative and hardware upgrade projects.
- Projects include, but are not limited to:
- Enterprise Network redesign The design, integration, and support of a new Cisco Nexus Core network that replaces the existing Brocade - Based network core. This project replaced the enterprise connectivity throughout the Datacenter and all Distribution Centers
- Server Refresh and replacement The design, and integration of a complete Cisco-Based
- Confidential architecture. This platform was used to replace over 560 Virtual servers that were based on aging and End of Life HP platforms
- Virtual Desktop Infrastucture Design and integration of VMWare's View solution as a replacement to the existing Citrix solution
- Cutover to high bandwidth redundant MPLS circuits Upgraded connectivity between
- Enterprise Data center infrastructure and remote offices and Distribution Centers.
- Collaborated with senior IT Management to design the restructuring of IT Support in general and the hierarchical structure of the organization. This resulted on clear and succinct definitions of roles for all staff, and an increased level of support across the entire IT organization.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Enterprise Capacity Monitoring Responsible for keeping and publishing meeting minutes and creation of all project artifacts. Assertive and flexible liaison with Project Stakeholders and upper management.
- Customer Database Server Upgrade Significant project to upgrade the core database for Confidential . Responsible for creation of all project artifacts and design and documentation of cut - over testing and acceptance
- Enterprise ZLDS hardware replacement Responsible for the planning, documentation and integration planning. Worked closely and effectively with Project Sponsors to minimize downtime. Designed and administered User Acceptance Testing, Cut=over, and go-live documentation
- Responsible for managing staff in a highly matrixed organization. Duties include third party vendor management and contract negotiations.
Confidential, Richmond, Va
- Disaster recovery planning between Data Centers in Plano Tx, Richmond Va, and Vernon Hills Ill. Managing third party supplier circuit management to over 270 remote network locations.
- Implemented and managed SDLC Principles and methodologies to standardize Management approach and communication protocols across multiple internal organizations.
- Formalized SDLC project reporting methodologies with the DSC Group. Responsible for project management, resource management and budget management tracking via Clarity.
Confidential, Reston, Va
- Member of the Technical Information Systems Division (TISD), responsible for managing multiple Confidential - wide infrastructure projects. Solely responsible for defining the scope, and managing, adhering to SDLC processes and methodologies. Projects included but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing the hardware modernization and upgrade project. Solely responsible for defining the scope and managing the lifecycle of replacing the Virtual Server environment that houses the LDAP system deployed throughout Confidential . This project required redesigning the Virtual server architecture, and deploying new Sun Servers (T4), housing over 100 VM Servers.
- Managed the LDAP Upgrade project from 5.2 to Oracle Unified Directory. This upgrade replaced the End-Of-Life version and stabilized the LDAP architecture firm-wide. Coordinated with numerous Project Sponsors, and planned the migration of over 1,200 applications. Managed the Cut-Over planning and defined the User Acceptance Test plans for all applications.
- Responsible for the managing the hot site disaster recovery site for Confidential . Responsible for defining the site selection criteria. Upon selection, managed the data center construction. Duties include, but were not limited to vendor requirements definition and selection, architectural review, equipment selection and data center design and implementation.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Director - IT Services
- Senior consultant to businesses requiring technology solutions and strategic planning assistance.
- Support multiple businesses with diverse technology needs and staffing challenges.
- Analyze and implement budget processes, streamline procurement methodologies and perform technology trends analysis to determine proper technology needs.
- Design IT management processes for mid-sized firms. Develop
- Project manager for Storage Array integration for a public school system. Managed all aspects and phases if this $2.2M project to add a 155 TB EMC storage array into the existing fabric of the school system, with a user population in excess of 20,000, and more that 500 servers and virtual servers. Project efforts included assertiveness in managing Project Stakeholder expectations and defining correct project scope prior to implementationProject was completed on time and under budget.
- Project manager for a network infrastructure replacement project for a county-wide community college system. Managed all aspects of this $2.5M project to replace all switches and routers across 5 campuses, with a staff and student user community of 25,000. Project ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Marina/boat dealers - Currently supporting over 80 boat dealerships on the eastern seaboard.
- Responsible for the design and integration of the physical networks, server and computer integration, Web Page development, Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing.
Confidentialm Washington, DC
- Earned the distinction as the corporate change agent, driving detailed partner strategic thinking and decision making to create a diverse empowered culture, profitable growth oriented operations and proactive customer centric services.
- Wrote 1-3-5 year strategic technology plan linking technology to business goals and operational trends.
- Designed and managed the construction of the centralized data center. Managed the relocation of all technology during Office moves in 2001, and 2006. In each case, downtime was below 3 hours.
- Established centers of excellence with major vendors to gain access to state-of-the-art storage, data center and document management systems, enabling the firm to win major contracts based on the strength of its technology.
- Built the IT Department and infrastructure from the ground up. Inherited 3 servers and 300 GB of client data. With sustained data growth of 40-60% year-over-year, designed and built a robust infrastructure to enhance the staff capabilities and exceed the demands of corporate expansion.
- Currently housing 65 TB of client data and managing a robust server farm of over 85 servers. An additional Citrix Server farm of more than 35 application servers and dedicated servers.
- Developed a format and plan for capturing relevant statistical information to analysis and report data storage trends over time. Regularly presented trends analyses to senior leadership as input for future purchase decisions.
- Successfully worked with stakeholders to develop architecture framework that aligns strategy, processes, and IT assets with business goals.
- Established best practices and guidelines for selecting, developing, and implementing information systems within the enterprise.
- Established first formalized budget practices within the IT Department, with further expansion throughout the Operations departments.
- Planned and executed a comprehensive IT transformation strategy to create “true” enterprise architecture and networks, voice/data communications, desktop computing and business operations service/support.
- Work closely with project managers, developers, and focus groups to avoid redundancy, minimize expenditures, and improve overall synergy within organization.
- Wrote operating level and service level agreements and instituted project management processes, resulting in on time delivery, under budget performance and improved service and support.
- Revamped standards for information security, disaster recovery and performance reliability and made shrewd investments.
- By taking advantage of a downturn in the technology market, purchased new but unused servers at $.10 on the dollar, to create a “resilient” infrastructure.
- Implemented Citrix architecture with robust networking and remote connectivity.
- Designed and integrated a complex multi-tiered storage architecture to meet the needs and support the business goals of the firm. The ability to scale the system to house 30 - 155 TB of data storage and support growth led to the award of multiple projects, resulting in over $20M revenue.
- Researched and established a technology steering committee to evaluate and integrate virtualization technology where possible. This resulted in significant cost savings by reducing the number of servers required.
Confidential, New York, New York
- Directed team of 12 technology professionals in IT infrastructure management, network administration, data center operations, as well as R&D and technical support across the Mid-Atlantic region with 1,400 employees. Formulated strategies to improve system/network performance, to improve productivity, and to reduce operating expenses. Named enterprise-wide
- Led design and build out from scratch of 4,800 sq-ft data center with cutting-edge A/C, power distribution, fire suppression, and security systems.
- Managed and executed the relocation of the Data Center to new location.Instituted stringent controls and technology standards that slashed troubleshooting response times from 2 days to less than 20 minutes and that streamlined server roll-out activities.
- Captured $1.5M in 2-year licensing cost savings by creating centralized Software Library System (SLS) with real-time access to more than 2K software licenses.
- Assembled and led team of more than 20 to design, implement, manage, and support custom system and network infrastructure solutions for over 600 clients, transforming organization from hardware focus only, to software and services business model.
- Performed in-depth analyses of client IT needs and objectives to devise solution strategies.
- Orchestrated design and deployment of private virtual circuit (PVC), facilitating 24x7 interactive online operation of bioinformatics solution with more than 100,000 daily user connections.
- Developed winning solution for 100% fault tolerant, uptime system that eluded Dell, IBM, and Compaq, leading to successful client stock IPO.
- Oversaw 15-person team in all facets of corporate MIS systems and data management.
- Developed and executed strategic/tactical-level plans with detailed technology road maps to guide IT infrastructure planning, procurement, and management.
- Incorporated robust PMI standards and processes for project and performance management, including SLA's, ITIL Standard processes and methodologies, and formalized trends analysis.
- Coordinated teams of up to 8 in configuration, management, and support of technology systems, including document management programs, for the Department of Defense and the Department of the Treasury.
- Crafted strategy that improved system performance 4-fold with uptime rate of 99.8% for 1,500-user network.
- Led major document management system implementation for Treasury’s Bureau of Engraving & Printing.
- Directed unification of 2,500 workstations and 35 distinct application packages for the U.S. Air Force.
International Integration Manager & Executive Office of the President System Manager
- Served as Senior Computer Scientist at the White House, overseeing technology systems and office automation for nearly 3K users across 12 facilities. Recognized with Outstanding Service Award.
- Devised comprehensive backup and disaster recovery solution for White House systems.
- Promoted by Confidential to navigate expansion into international commercial business sector, identifying markets in Asia and Australia targeting healthcare, transportation, and enterprise operations that generated up to $42M in incremental first-year sales.
- Received Confidential ’s Group Achievement Award for creating an advanced processing environment that synthesized and distributed real-time images from 3 satellites (15K per week) to scientists involved in the Atmospheric Magnetic Particle Test Experiment (AMPTE) Program.
- Previously involved in the Fleet Systems group, providing general computer support on PDP11 system, and SHARE7.