- 10+ Years as Client/Delivery/Program/Project/Support Manager & Scrum Master
- 10+ Years in Product Ownership, Process Improvement, Business System Analysis
- 10+ Years Establishing IT Governance Groups, Including PMOs, SDLCs & JIRA Administration
- Leads the delivery of solutions that provide business process improvements and optimized software applications.
- Manages the business value of information technology using judgement acquired from a background that combines a superior business acumen, broad IT management experience and exceptional team building skills.
- Seasoned at navigating extremely challenging environments to deliver success.
- Initiated and led the transformation of a loan acquisition department, realizing $1.2 million in reduced expenses. Re - engineered operational processes, converted to a paperless administration of documents and enhanced a core loan origination system to enable its use for acquisitions by purchase.
- Originated delivery of corporate information technology services and managed the project portfolios for two newly organized mortgage bank divisions comprised of ten distinct business units responsible for more than $100 Million in profit.
- Led the development of a custom ERP solution, the largest project for the three small business companies involved.
- Accepted an IT Manager role and inherited 12 undefined technology projects plus four active projects that were over budget and behind schedule in various stages of the SDLC. Successfully corrected the failing projects, originated the technical resource team and completed all objectives while saving $80K on the operational budget.
- Managed mission critical production system support resulting in a transaction and reporting success rate of 99.9%.
- Helped establish several companies’ IT governance groups, involving setting up PMOs and formal SDLCs, plus implementing JIRA Administration and other SDLC management tools.
Client/Delivery/Program/Project/Support Management & IT Governance: Client Relationship Management, Turn - Arounds correcting failing Business/IT relationships, Enterprise Level, Business Transformation, Capital Budgeting and Project Intake, Solution Ownership, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Delivery Management, Scrum Master, Jira Administration, Quality Assurance Testing, Mission Critical Production Support, PMOs, Budgets, Project Plans, Roadmaps. Success in multiple environments across multiple industries (high pressure, large Corporate, small Entrepreneurial, and Consulting environments in Financial Services, Entertainment, Manufacturing & Life Sciences).
Process Improvement/Product Ownership/Business System Analysis: Process Mapping, Gap Analysis, Requirements Definition, Design, Functional Architecture, Wire Frames, Prototyping, Use Cases, User Stories, Workflow, Specifications.
Team Building: Builds global cross-functional resource teams diverse in culture and geography. Directs onshore/offshore software development teams and vendors. Experienced in managing direct reports. Mentoring.
TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS:
SDLC Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). Classic Waterfall. Hybrids.
PM & Analysis Tools: JIRA Administration, Axure (Wireframes), Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Daptiv, Connectwise, Clarity, ChangePoint
Relational Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, ORACLE
Operating Systems: Windows Enterprise Server, Windows Desktop
Sr. Program Manager
- Joined the IT governance group of the largest music corporation of the world to help establish their first Enterprise PMO and improve the delivery performance of the IT team responsible for building an enterprise archive for digital music assets across audio, image, and video media formats.
- The archive is part of the Digital Global Supply Chain, ingesting and storing assets received from music label companies located across the world, providing search and retrieval capabilities, and executing delivery of fulfillment requests to online retail business partners.
- Managing delivery for the Confidential team across 5 sponsored programs.
- Team consisted of 5 developers, 4 analysts/project managers, and 2 management reporting lines outside of the PMO.
- Integrating two centralized corporate support teams previously not involved in the Confidential Delivery process: Quality Assurance Testing and Production Application Support.
- Establishing the first SDLC methodology, customized for the team.
- Operating as Scrum Master and Implementing JIRA as an Administrator.
Sr. Functional Solutions Architect
- Defining business needs and requirements, designing detailed software solutions, driving project execution, and managing the client relationship from pre-sales through application production support.
- Performing as point person for client communications, managed budgets, and authored documents including Statements of Work, detailed Solution Specifications and other various engagement deliverables.
- Directing information technology resources that were internal and on-site as well as external and international.
- Established a new relationship with an offshore development vendor, leading a transition in business partners.
- Led the development of an ERP solution that enabled a leading manufacturer of pool, bath and spa supplies to update its current platform that was over 10 years old.
- Project scope involved a significant process re-engineering effort that combined defining new detailed business processes, designing custom software to optimize these processes, and development of more than 10 critical software application modules by the offshore technical team. Significant functions were order entry and processing, accounts payable and accounts receivable, manufacturing, purchasing, assembly, warehouse inventory management and shipping.
Sr. Project Manager/Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Originate and re-engineer business operation processes, ensuring effective controls were in place regarding the setup, maintenance and utilization of the wire instructions.
- Drive the execution of the project throughout the entire lifecycle, across multiple business units and technology groups that were both internal and from an external vendor.
- Establish, as the pilot initiative, the company’s first formal SDLC.
Sr. Functional Solutions Architect
- Defining requirements and the functional design of the system.
- Authoring detailed system documentation for use by various technology and functional business teams spanning across multiple geographic locations.
- Establishing, as the pilot initiative, the company’s first formal SDLC (Agile - SCRUM).
Sr. Functional Solutions Architect
- Collaborating with executives and staff to determine needs and requirements.
- Chairing joint application design sessions to define solutions and produce analysis artifacts (use case briefs, functional designs, wireframes and system diagrams) that provided clarity of key details.
- Ensuring that the technical development met corporate standards and the delivered solution met the business’ needs.
Business IT Relationship Director
- Owning relations between the business division, IT organization and governance groups, with a mission to collaborate and develop IT strategies and detailed solutions in alignment with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Managing capital and operational budgets ($2M and $300K) for projects and resource teams.
- As solution owner, leading the execution of initiatives throughout the company’s formal SDLC (Agile - DAD), from conception through solution definition, delivery and post deployment support.
Business IT Relationship Manager
- Promoted into the position to establish the first corporate technology services management role for a newly organized business division (control group) consisting of six distinct business units: Corporate Compliance;
- Managed the division’s technology investment and IT project portfolio while coordinating resolutions to escalated system support issues. Successfully turned around four inherited failing projects, originated the technical resource team and completed all objectives while saving $80K to the operations budget.
- Accomplishments included automating compliance with the Confidential and Confidential Act by implementing an anti-money laundering system and an Confidential screening, implementing an invoice function to the Legal Department’s matter management system, and implementing a system for compliance with SOX regulations.
IT Project Manager
- Growing the Wire Payment System to 21 interface points, including a system interface with the Confidential . The system processed an average of 1,100 daily transactions totaling $400M.
- Building the Collateral Management System, with a total loan value of $26B, producing critical financial reports.
- Establishing the original technology resource support team and multiple technical environments, including a disaster recovery environment as part of the emerging Business Continuity Plan.
- Significantly contributed to establishing a governance program to mature the IT operations of the enterprise, including the initial creation of: a PMO office, a SDLC methodology (Agile - DAD), a capital budgeting process for procuring sponsorship, a centralized Release Management Group for executing deployments and a data security protection group to approve all delivered solutions.