- Risk Management
- Lead teams and work with customers to develop the project solutions that meet their goals, timing, and budget.
- Ability to manage global teams, assign and coordinate tasks and workflow and resolve issues.
- Flexible, adaptive and accountable team player focused on building successful teams, processes, managing budgets and risks, communicating and remaining accountable.
- Leadership and Communication, Accountability and Flexibility
- Resource, Risk, Budget and Workload Management
- Manage Virtual Teams, Processes and Projects
- Microsoft Excel / Word / PowerPoint / OneNote / Project / Lync / Outlook
- Experience with Catia V5 / Team Center Engineering (TcE) / Pro - Engineer / Pro-Intralink / SDRC I-DEAS / VisMockup and Collaboration Tools
- Lead the implementation of new projects for Mobility and Workplace Services.
- Prepare teams, create schedules and budgets, manage risks and conflict, run meetings, communicate with the customer and Confidential personnel all over the world to quickly and efficiently complete projects on time and on budget.
- Managed project implementations for the Global Service Desk Project Management Office (PMO), then Mobility and Workplace Services.
- Managed on boarding projects, site adds and decommissions for the GM Global Service Desk from beginning to end. Set up the projects in the ticketing system and prepared agent notes for support of the customer.
- Formed virtual teams consisting of Confidential and customer employees.
- Tracked and resolved problems, and completed projects in a timely manner and on budget.
- Participated in live test demos to prepare our new Service Desk agents to take calls and validate our processes for ticket support and resolution.
Primary Designer Electronic Module Design and Packaging
- Spearhead the development of processes to improve interaction and performance between the U.S. and India to compensate for reduced resources and budget.
- Do more with less to facilitate timely solutions to training needs, quality issues, resource and workflow assignment and tight deadlines.
- Lead designer of modules for automotive, marine, all - terrain vehicles and motorcycles.
- Directed workflow, assigned resources, conducted training, developed standards and processes for integrating multi-national design efforts.
- Improved efficiency and quality through training and processes to handle reduced resources.
- Experienced with many different forms of module styles, under hood, high temp., interior, etc.
- Designed, detailed, checked and delivered drawings and CAD models to multiple customers.
- Quickly and efficiently assessed customer standards and needs to deliver what they wanted on time while improving quality and reducing potential issues.
- Worked with engineering to develop packaging options for various modules. Many years of packaging experience to quickly and efficiently find viable locations that best met the customer’s needs.
- Managed several direct and agency employees, both onsite and offsite. Improved skills of designers through training and coaching to increase thru-put and quality.
- Create guide drawings to standardize customer needs, reduce effort, increase efficiency, consistency and quality.
- Promote weekly meeting to improve communication and reduce errors and questions.
- Lead designer on multiple powertrain control modules, from concept through production.
- Reduced costs and improved production capability through communication with suppliers and plants.
- Designed injection molded parts, cast and machined aluminum parts and stamped steel parts.
- Knowledge and experience to select and work with the most appropriate material.
- Supervised and mentored detailers. Provided good foundation materials and mentored designers to achieve efficient, timely and high quality results.
- Traveled to various customer plants to verify and resolve installation and packaging issues of modules and brackets. Learned manufacturing processes and worked with plant personnel to in corporate their needs into the initial design to improve ergonomic issues and reduce downtime.
- Traveled to Japan to facilitate resolution of final design and installation issues as part of an international packaging team. Reduced costs by working directly with the customer at their facility to address and eliminate potential issues prior to production.