Information Technology (IT) professional with more than 25 years of experience in program/portfolio and project management, I T solution architecture and development, cybersecurity and information assurance, end - to-end performance management, business process automation, and software development . Major strengths include excellent program/project management and technical leadership, creative design and implementation, and exceptional problem solving skills. Confidential can-do attitude that turns challenges into opportunities…
Program/Portfolio/Project Management: Project Management Plan (PMP), Budget Development and Cost Tracking, Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), RACI, Risk Registry, Life Cycle Cost Model (LCCM), Earned Value Management (EVM), Decision Analysis Resolution (DAR), Statement of Work/Statement of Objectives (SOW/SOO), and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), etc.
Security Standards: FIPS 199/200, NIST 800-18/30/34/37/39/53/60/64/128/137 , OMB Confidential -123/130, etc.
Networks and Protocols: ATM, Frame Relay, Ethernet, xDSL, MPLS (LDP/CRLDP, RSVP-TE), BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, NHRP, TCP/IP, SNMP, and customized protocols.
OS and Languages: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Vxworks, pSOS, Nucleus, Confidential, Confidential ++, Java, SQL, ColdFusion, and Perl, etc.
Software Tools: DreamWeaver, MS SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Clearcase, SourceSafe, UML/Rational Rose, Tornado, JBuilder, Emacs, Codewright, MS DFS, MS AD, MS Project and other Office software, etc.
- Technical Program/Project Management
- IT Service Management
- IT Solution Architecture and Development
- Cyber Security and Information Assurance
- Business Process Automation
- Software Development
Sr. Program Manager
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Developing and executing an enterprise wide cybersecurity strategy for IT Security and Privacy program. Oversee/manage/lead multiple task areas including Program and Project Management, Enterprise Security Architecture, Security Assessment and Authorization ( Confidential & Confidential ), Policy and Privacy Planning and Training, Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations (DR/COOP), Risk Assessment, Security Controls and Continuous Monitoring, Vulnerability Management, Intrusion Detection, Incident Response and Forensic Analysis.
- Guide and/or lead the development and management of System Security Plans (SSPs), policies, procedures, trainings, and the Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) that meet National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) as well as other federal legislative and compliance requirements.
- Manage programs that span multiple organizations, including security, infrastructure, and applications teams, to support the collection, tracking, and reporting of responses and action items relating to Government Accountability Office (GAO), Office of Inspector General (OIG), FISMA, and internal control audits or assessments.
- Assemble project teams comprised of technical experts from across organizational boundaries and with knowledge of federal information security policies, principles, concepts, practices, techniques, and methods to establish and direct strategic IT security initiatives or large/multiple projects, e.g., Application Security Program and Vulnerability Remediation Program, and Continued Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program from definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables through implementation and closeout.
- Serve as Confidential liaison coordinating between federal program leads, developing partnerships, and collaborating with other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, consultants as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations to achieve the desired business objectives.
- Serve as Confidential technical advisor to NSF in IT security and privacy. Develop security reference architecture and roadmaps. Recommend requirements and technical solutions for major initiatives, e.g., Mobile Device Management (MDM), IPv6, and Enterprise Splunk. Implement and advance security operations methodologies, concepts of operations, and standard operating procedures as well as enhance the existing security and project management processes.
- Oversaw all infrastructure projects (70+ active) to ensure successful execution - on time, within budget, and with high quality service delivery. Worked with government counterparts to properly prioritize and sequence all projects across all technologies (Security, Enterprise Services, Virtualization, Storage, Networks, Servers and Workstations, etc.) Ensured sound project plans (following RUP process) and technical solutions as well as timely and accurate communication to management and customers.
- Led large technical efforts (e.g., Security Remediation, OneCloud, DCIM, and Enterprise Laptop Refresh Strategy and Roadmap) including solution analysis and recommendation via Decision Analysis Resolution (DAR) process, implementation and testing plans, and troubleshooting coordination. Developed SOWs for sub-contracting processing.
- Led the Project Server 2010 configuration and management as well as Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) through which developed resource estimation tool; properly assigned and managed resources to plan and execute projects and set customer expectations.
- Developed and refined engineering and project management processes and procedures as well as developed project management process standards and reporting templates, e.g., Project Management Plan (PMP), Cost Tracker, Status Report, DAR, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), RACI, etc. These efforts have proven very effective in the execution of projects and ensure all project expectations are identified as well as realistic deliverables, costs and timelines are established.
- Managed the quarterly Engineering Communication Forum (eCOM) on live TV with an audience of more than 100 IT personnel as well as facilitated the weekly Infrastructure Project Review meeting with government and contractor leadership, all Project Managers, and selected SMEs.
- Mentored new project managers and technical leads on project work flows, processes, performance metrics, and documentation standards, etc.
Principal IT Architect/CEO
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Designed and developed auto testing and reporting tools for IA vulnerability checklists using Perl. Increased productivity and reduced the vulnerability check time for Confidential server from 40 hours to 20 minutes via automation.
- Designed work flows for Security Operation Center (SOC) and IA audit and testing to standardize processes and procedures for each role.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Planed and managed multiple IT projects, oversaw technical efforts, managed cost, and coordinated with all stakeholders to meet the time, cost, and quality requirements.
- Brought troubled projects, e.g., Confidential - $20M, back on track and ensured the successful project completion - on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Developed and presented internal and external information briefings, decision briefings, MOUs, SOWs/SOOs, Talking Points, Project Charters, Scopes, Schedules, Cost Estimates, and Life Cycle Cost Models, etc.
- Facilitated leadership meetings, technical discussions, design reviews, project status and issues meetings etc. Supported Engineering Control and Infrastructure (EC&I) meetings and briefings as well as mentored junior Project Managers.
Senior System Engineer - Consultant
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Recommended new Web site feature development, business process improvement, technology refreshment and modernization to conform to standard SOA strategy for the DISA/MNIS PMO Griffin project. Presented the US cross-domain web solutions at the multinational CCEB meetings with live demos. Ensured the US technical leadership among allies on cross-domain web solution.
- Developed role-based dynamic web sites to serve up to 60,000 users from five countries, using SQL stored procedures and ColdFusion software in Confidential cross-domain environment. Features included role-based registration and services, directory search and import/export, file and training management, and file publishing via “web-via-email” solution. Significantly increased productivity and reduced support staff (at least one from each community) as well as the user processing time from 3 days to 20 minutes via automation.
- Designed Confidential High Availability Web Site solution that integrates ColdFusion servers with SQL database replication, Microsoft Distributed File Systems (DFS), Active Directory (AD), and etc.
Senior System Engineer
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Worked with Confidential IA Division and MITRE on Confidential policies and guidance as well as other Confidential programs on current and future practice survey.
- Participated in the Confidential Selected Network Program Consortium ( Confidential ) working groups on Quality of Services, Confidential, and etc.
- Wrote Risk Study, Confidential program survey and result summary, and input to the recommendations for the Confidential task.
- Ensured the successful completion of required contract deliverables.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Investigated Terminal networking issues related to IP routing, Quality of Service (QoS), and Mobility.
- Evaluated the MPLS Virtual Private Network (MPLS/VPN) design and requirements for all segments of the Confidential system and the Terminal Segment in particular.
- Wrote test plans for routing architectures comparison in the Confidential system.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Oversaw all projects (more than 60) at the enterprise level and served as the portal manager as well as the eTasker liaison for the organization. Designed staff meetings and project meetings for improving business processes and project management. Managed and led technical effort on enterprise programs and projects (e.g. Collaboration Tools, Classification Tools, and IPv6 Transition).
- As the Project Manager for the Enterprise Collaboration project, actively coordinated and persuaded Confidential to provide free collaboration services and training to Confidential users, led the solution development and implementation, and was designated by the CIO as the point of contact (POC) for all Confidential users.
- Provided technical findings on system/network architecture and recommended enterprise IT solutions. Reviewed Confidential & Confidential packages and provided recommendations to the Designated Accrediting Authority (DAA).
- Represented the agency to participate in Confidential wide working groups and voted on technical standards recommendations and decisions. These working groups include IPv6 standards working group, IPv6 steering group, and ports and protocols technical advisory group.
- Wrote project plans, system testing plans, technical briefings, memorandums, white papers, and etc.