Senior IT Project Manager
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided system security life cycle (SDLC) initiation phase activities support
- Provided SSLC certification phase activities support
- Provided SSLC accreditation phase activities support
- Provided continuous monitoring/selection of controls to be monitored support
- Used Risk Management Framework (RMF) for system security categorization, performance of risk assessments support and documentation, security controls assessment, contingency and disaster recovery plan development, training, and testing support
- Developed security risk assessment and mitigation planning, implementation and continuous monitoring of risks.
- Provided incident response plan development, training and testing support
- Developed extensive Confidential for tracking deliverable, project timelines, resources allocation, funding, milestones and overall deliverables management and status tracking.
- Developed POAMs from missed milestones or identified risk for future assessment through monitoring.
- Provided configuration management and security control/monitoring input support
- Scanned application code, network, and web sites using scanning tools such as SAINT 8, Confidential Fortify WebInspect, Nesses, Snort (IDS/IPS) and AppScan.
- Used Cyber Security Assessment and Management tool ( Confidential ) for Confidential & Confidential packages and Confidential
- Provided security risk assessment and analysis of potential Cloud Computing environment
- Provided privacy impact assessment and personally identifiable information screening support
- Provided e - Authentication risk assessment
- Developed memorandum of understanding/interconnection security agreements
- Provided senior network security support
- Provided organization level security support
- Provided miscellaneous security support
Senior Security Solutions Architect/Project Manager
- Worked directly with Technical Project Managers, Engineers and Help Desk Technicians in subject matter gathering and resources analysis of environmental functionality and communication. Solely responsible for Security recommendations and testing of new applications being evaluated for deployment into the HROpEx network.
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and changes for application and infrastructure budget.
- Produced high level documentation regarding security infrastructure design and functionality for both internal and external accesses. Updated current security documentation to in corporate changes within the mobility environment. Wrote help-desk scripts to address mobility troubleshooting.
- Worked with Mobility engineers to deploy MaaS360 MDM for iOS device certificate deployment and management for authentication and access to SharePoint multi-tenants, portals and Salesforce.com. Tested and deployed Microsoft Azure MFA for two-factor authentication for additional levels of security into the Confidential network and access to cloud information.
- Evaluated, tested and deployed WorkDay iOS application and two factor authentication for Senior Management access and eventual global roll-out. Wrote documentation, including screenshots for user download, installation and configuration of WorkDay iOS application.
- Assisted in Security evaluation and recommendations in the deployment of Active Directory for two new spin-off companies from Confidential . Worked closely with Microsoft engineers and consultants to provide deployment documentation and security plans for new networks.
- Provided high level security evaluation when acquiring additional companies and absorbing them into the Confidential network or providing cross domain access via hardware or software.
- Worked with global staff as Confidential upgraded HROpEx Enterprise Identity Services in phased Wave 1 & 2 deployment in Asia and Latin America.
- Developed documentation from “Lessons Learned” for review and improvement of future projects
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Worked directly with technical Directors, Engineers and Help Desk Technicians in subject matter gathering and resources analysis of environmental functionality and communication.
- Produced high level documentation regarding infrastructure design and functionality for both internal and external requests.
- Developed documentation to track and manage business and technical change resulting from new system deployment.
- Analyzed and produced recommendations regarding database functionality in regards to cross platform communications and information sharing. Worked directly with network and software engineers to evaluate software design, and security engineers for future upgrades to applications.
- Provided hardware recommendations for both virtual and physical infrastructure designs based on performance matrix and benchmark analysis.
- Produced Resource Allocations tables representing functionality across departments to produce Confidential more streamlined process and procedure when developing applications for both internal and external consumption.
- Produced security templates for both application/software development and hardware matrix for relational databases in cloud environments.
- Reviewed and evaluated current cloud security for accessibility. Recommended security policy and procedure.
Senior Technical Security Project Manager/Subject Matter Expert
- Worked as technical lead project manager to guide and develop ECMS services and security for various agencies within the State of Maryland. Provided Security guidance for Department of Human Resources agency and subordinate agencies.
- Worked directly with Department of Human Resources/Chief Information Security Officer to solely develop Security policy and procedure for MD Department of Human Resources/Office of Technical Human Services.
- Wrote State wide security policies and procedures based on N.I.S.T. 800-53r4 Family Control Sets and supporting common control sets for each Family (totaling 18), HIPPA and Sarbaines Oxley (SOX). Submitted to Chief Information Security Officer and Chief Information Officer for enforcement throughout State of Maryland Department of Human Resources.
- Used BigFix and QRadar to monitor traffic across DHRs State wide network. Produces penetration reports with XEROX to review with DHR/OTHS CISO during weekly meetings.
- Developed Certification and Accreditation policy and procedures for all applications supported within the MD.
- Technical project lead for DHR/OTHS in working directly with Xerox/ACS, state prime contract, in developing SSP, Risk Assessment and Plan of Action and Milestones for each State application hosted by Xerox. Developed work breakdown structure’s ( Confidential ) in coordinating and preparing for Certification and Accreditation process.
- Provided security support for Department of Human Resources/Office of Technical Human Services environment and State-wide.
- Responsible for managing IT security engineers, Network/Infrastructure engineers and web/application engineers.
- Directed the State prime contractor (Xerox) supporting CHESSIE, CSEA, CARES (Child Enforcement) and Cottage application to produce Risk Assessments and SSP as precursors to Phase 1 and 2 of Certification and Accreditation packages.
- Provided Technical and Security consulting services to WAN/LAN and Security teams within Maryland State Department of Human Resources/Office of Technical Human Services.
- Prepared responses from IRS/CAP security audit regarding FTI and PII information security within Department of Human Resources environment used by the agency. Addressed security common control sets findings using various N.I.S.T. 800-53, Confidential and IRS 1075 publication.
- Provided QA/QC to MD Department of Human Resources/Office of Technical Human Services.
- Reviewed SDLC processes in the upgrade of HIX and EBT services to State residents as well as CARES modernization to CARES 2.0.
- Provided preliminary security recommendations and analysis for HIX infrastructure hardware and software design and deployment.
- Worked with Chief Information Security Officer in response to COOP and SARS for State and IRS auditors.
- Wrote security technical templates for SDLC of future applications within Maryland State Department of Human Resources/Office of Technical Human Services.
Senior Project Manager responsible
- Worked with various agencies within Confidential to identify programs that were capable of achieving viable goals to show Confidential and GAO that they deserved additional funding for future years.
- Developed 30/60/90 day work breakdown structures that identified achievable goals for the use and presentation to hearings on the Hill with Confidential .
- 28 agencies were paired down to 6 which I then worked directly with the government project managers to develop Confidential more comprehensive Confidential as directed by Confidential and GAO.
- Develop 6/12/18 month Confidential that was used by Confidential agencies as the project plans as directed by Confidential .
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Worked with various technical teams to identify currently applications, functionality and role with the MSL UNIX environment.
- Developed spreadsheet ranking roles and importance within MSL environment. Incorporated stakeholders information and all pertinent information for each application as identified.
- Developed Risk Mitigation Plan for each application (12) and overall UNIX environment.
- Conducted high level technical meetings with each applications stakeholder.
- Developed Project Plan for each application as well as overall phase out of the current UNIX environment.
- Researched and recommended replacement or upgrades (coding language) to current application and infrastructure environment.
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Worked directly with client to identify all interfaces (16) that made up clients current website.
- Developed spreadsheet breaking down each interfaces role, responsibility, stakeholder and location within the clients infrastructure.
- Developed diagram showing interoperability of each interface and its relationship with various databases.
- Lead team of DBAs to identify and diagnose database contents and redundancy within the environment.
- Identified and recommend information within these databases that would be migrated or eliminated.
- Developed migration plan for consolidating 6 database into one sole source database in the new environment.
- Identified COTS products functionality and produce recommendations as to in corporation or elimination within the new website environment.
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Developed initial straw man and charter in accordance with IRS and Confidential agreements and directives.
- Worked with executive and technical personnel to develop Confidential risk and impact assessment profile for each business unit with IRS based on current server configuration, applications, processes and roles with that business unit.
- Worked to help design GPO’s that address necessary configuration changes across the IRS/BUs server platforms. Made recommendations in the design of the testing environment for current production line servers in Confidential virtual environment.
- Developed and monitored Confidential (Work Breakdown Structure) and schedules.
- Developed both Project Management and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) documentation
- Developed and maintained Quality, Configuration, Cost and Communication Management
- Performed Risk, Cost and Integrity Management.
- Responsible for writing winning technical and cost proposals for Confidential using information provided within the SOW and standards in accordance to that agencies process and procedures for certification and accreditation.
- Responsible for developing master project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Developed documents for Security Categorization (FIPS 199), PTA/PIA, SSP, Risk Assessment/e-Authentication RA, Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, Configuration Management Plan, ISA and POA/Ms.
- Developed documents for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Privacy Threshold Analysis (PTA) and financial data transactions using N.I.S.T., Confidential, Treasury, USDA and GSA regulations as guidelines.
- Implemented EVMS directed by Confidential for ongoing government contracts.
IT Project Manager
Confidential, San Diego
- Confidential EMC SAN AX150, Confidential Power Edge Servers 2950/1950/860 , Silkworm Fiber Channel switch 200e;
- Confidential MSA 500 G2, Confidential Storageworks LTO 448, Confidential Module Smart Array 500 G2, Confidential DL 380G5/360G5, Confidential fiber channel SAN/18 switch;
- IBM Bladecenter H Chasis 8677, IBM Bladecenter Optical Pass thru module, Advanced Management Module, Xiotech Magnitude 750;
- Cisco ASA 5510, Cisco Catalyst 3750/Express 500G;
- Cisco 2811XM 10/100 Router;
- Cisco PIX 501;
- Cisco systems intelligent gigabit Ethernet switch module;
- QLogic 4gb SFF fiber channel expansion card;
- Cisco 1300/1240 Access Points;
- SSID, WPA-PSK, TKIP enhanced encryption;
- Windows 2003 Enterprise server R2/XP Pro/Vista Business;
- Microsoft cluster services;
- Citrix server farm;
- Microsoft SQL 2007;
- ODBC connector;
- Crystal Reports XI; WinVNC;
- YellowJacket wireless site survey.
IT Project Manager
- Deployed VMWare Confidential for testing purposes during build on Confidential DL580 G5.
- Managed teams of engineers from 2 to 12 depending on scope of project and need.
- Responsible for hiring and assessing skill set for long-term placement of engineers for clients.
- Supported two large government clients in 24/7 NOC in Confidential Senior Support position, each environment supporting 100K plus users in Windows clustered server 2000/2003 environments;
- Exchange 2000/2003 clusters totaling 80K plus users per agency;
- Used tools NetIQ and Microsoft MOM to monitor 500+ Domain Controllers in the continent US;
- Supported Blackberry Enterprise Servers and clients totaling 3000 plus users;
- Used proprietary ticketing software to track, work and close support tickets;
- Used What’s Up Gold to monitor router, switch and hub port access;
- Configured and repaired all requests per clients SLA of all supported equipment;
- Responsible for the implementation of requested RFC’s to agency servers and supported client equipment of industry Service Packs and security upgrades to all agency equipment;
- Used LDIFDE and CSVDE to import and export information within Active Directory;
- Final point of contact for resolution of client requests per SLA.
- Responsible for consultation, design and implementation of hardware and software solutions in areas of LAN, WAN and MAN environments;
- Planning, installation, configuration and migration to Windows 2003/2000 Active Directory & Exchange 2003/2000 solutions;
- Responsible for the planning and migration from Windows NT 4.0 and 2000 AD/Exchange to Windows 2003 AD/Exchange Front-end/Back-end clustered solution using Microsoft Deployment tools ADC/ADMT;
- Provided high level documentation, disaster recovery and architectural design;
- Provided direction and support for IT Ops and Engineering groups;
- Deployed Microsoft Clustered server solutions using Windows 2003 Enterprise;
- Design Load Balancing solutions using Windows Network Load Balancing and F5 Big-IP;
- Supported Confidential SAN environment;
- Supported APC Infrastructure Data Center;
- Equipment manufacturers supported are Confidential, Compaq, and Confidential ;
- Installed and configured VERITAS enterprise back-up solution;
- Installed and configured Citrix Metaframe & Citrix Secure Access Manager;
- Configured and designed VPN network access solutions; Installed and designed wireless network solutions for office, apartment and campus environments;
- Installed and configured backbone equipment using Cisco, Nortel and Allied Telesyn to deliver internet service to large apartment complexes;
- Responsible for the installation and upgrade of client workstations running various Windows operating systems to the most current Windows environment being Windows XP Professional;
- Responsible for the recommendation and deployment of various data circuits per client need;
- Responsible for the planning and deployment of client IP network;
- Installed and configured secure wireless LAN/WAN networks;
- Responsible for the recommendation and deployment of both hardware and software firewalls;
- Responsible for the supervision of Technical Engineers on various deployment and installation projects;
- Responsible for implementing technical procedure and protocol regarding site surveys and technical recommendations; Installation and upgrade desktops from Windows 2000 to XP;
- Migrated several clients including Maryland DOT/State Highway Authority, users approximately 5500, from Novell/Groupwise to Windows/Exchange 2003/2000 environment using Quest migration tools and Microsoft MSDSS and FMU tools. Also synchronized file system as well as migrated printer services.
- Designed and implemented Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) across large enterprise replacing Documentum for file access, tracking and content control.
Senior Network Architect
Confidential, Fairfax, Virginia
- Installed and configured separate environment using Windows 2000 Active Directory server and Exchange 2000;
- Responsible for the configuration and deployment of 90+ Bay Network/Cisco routers with Confidential modules configured for RIP and OSPF attached to 4 T-1 AdTran TSU 100/120 MCIWorldCom frame-relay circuits located throughout United States;
- Recommended switch from BayNetworks routers to Cisco 2600/3600 series routers;
- Switched existing RIP/OSPF protocols to static routes to conserve bandwidth;
- Implemented load balancing to increase thru-put and access;
- Configured and installed BayNetwork 10/100 hubs and switches;
- Configured 1 ISDN attached to Ascend Pipeline router; Configured and installed Cisco 3600 router for 2 full T-1 Internet access pipes;
- Configured and installed Cisco PIX 525/520/515 Firewalls;
- Maintain, configure and installed numerous BackOffice components as Exchange 5.5, DNS, DHCP/wins, SMS 2.0, SNMP, SQL 7.0, IIS 4.0, Proxy and RAS;
- Maintain RS/6000 Unix/AIX server used to house primary dental management/financial software;
- Configured onsite DNS; Installed and configured Shiva LAN Rover E for RAS services; Configure Seagate Backup Exec Enterprise software;
- Configure Confidential DAT Tape backup;
- Configured PPTP & VPN protocols through Firewall for access over internet;
- Maintain and configured 300+ Windows NT 4.0 workstations on both Confidential Vectra desktops and IBM ThinkPad laptops;
- Configure Confidential NetTerminals used for terminal emulation sessions to Unix box;
- Installed and configured Intranet to allow secure access and distribution of financial data to Dental Practices using enhanced components from vendor and Microsoft IIS 4.0;
- Installed MS Office 2000;
- Installed and upgraded existing NT 4.0 systems to Windows 2000 Professional;
- Installed WebTrends server monitoring tool;
- Supervise Network Engineer in deployment and setup of sites;
- Responsible for the site survey and assimilation of newly acquired dental practices;
- Liaison with outside vendors in setting up telecommunications for acquired sites;
- Responsible for over-seeing deployment and conversion from Frame-Relay Network to DSL/Frac T-1 circuits to 60+ dental practices;
- Designed and implemented solution to deploy DSL service using Netopia routers for new Practice Management software which eliminated frame cost saving company $350,000;
- Configured solution allowing practices to access current UNIX environment via internet from dumb terminals;
- Responsible for establishing strategic alliances with vendors (MCIWorldcom/Digex, Intergraph) for co-location, web-hosting, and hardware deployment.