- A dynamic professional with over 24 years of rich experience in Program, Delivery, Pre - Sales, and Team Management in the Finance, Consulting and Telecommunications Sector.
- Demonstrated capabilities in handling pre-sales and consultancy activities for accelerating the business growth
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills with demonstrated abilities in customer relationship management.
- Led geographically dispersed teams to deliver IT projects with an annual budget ranging from $2 to $7 million
- Initiated custom processes for eliminating manual archival processes leading to annual cost savings of $1 million
- Proficient in full software development lifecycle, IT infrastructure initiatives and COTS implementations
- Proven skills in managing teams in a global work environment for achieving business success
- Managing overall operations for executing projects involving scoping, initiating, high level design & architecture, resource mobilization, execution within cost & time parameters.
- Monitoring / tracking projects with respect to budgeted cost, demand forecasts, time over-runs to ensure timely execution of projects. Conducting project closure meetings and addressing all the important issues.
- Defining best practices for project support and documentation.
- Understanding the technical & functional specifications of the clients.
- Design, development, testing, troubleshooting and debugging of the application.
- Managing smoother implementation and testing of the developed applications at client location.
- Provide post-implementation, enhancement and maintenance support to client for application.
- Effectuating pre-planned sales strategies after reviewing & designing the architecture for accomplishment of performance milestones.
- Understanding and coordinating client’s needs / enhancements, customization of product accordingly and consult with technical team to provide solutions in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Devising and preparing RFP’s (Request for Proposal’s) for the client & Project Management as well as preparing proposal kit with all technical & commercial features.
- Implementing project plans within preset budgets and deadlines.
- Steering delivery management for technical deliverables of concurrent projects.
- Negotiating SLAs for large and medium-size business transformation projects.
- Mentoring team and handling deployment of tasks.
- Defining best practices for project support and documentation.
- Directing, leading and motivating workforce; imparting continuous on job training for accomplishing greater operational effectiveness/ efficiency.
- Working on succession planning of the workforce, rendering technical guidance to the staff, shift management activities, appraising the member’s performance & providing feedback.
- Resolving interpersonal issues & working towards a harmonious work environment.
- Manage program for consolidating Confidential datacenters to Software Defined Datacenters (SDDC)
- Lead efforts to implement DevOps within Confidential application centers
- Consolidate various legacy systems under new on-premise cloud platform
- Create plans for surge and sustain operations to onboard resources and work with software vendors
- Implemented Confidential compliant project management practices to guide infrastructure planning and execution
- Developed Integrated Master Schedule to manage various components of the program
- Successfully completed task order deliverables on time
- Created cost analysis worksheets to track vendor licenses and task order labor usage
- Manage and deliver Network, Infrastructure and Security projects for Confidential business portfolios
- Guide project teams to work with enterprise vendors to achieve optimum technology solutions
- Analyze and recommend strategies to mitigate program risks for multi-year initiatives
- Provide governance for efficiently managing cost, product quality and maintenance agreements
- Identified areas of improvement in managing vendor deliverables and negotiated value added maintenance contract
- Reduced number of major defects by 75% in enterprise security vulnerability scanning initiative
- Prioritized and eliminated non-priority business requirements resulting in faster project deliverables
- Instituted program communication, tracking and reporting practices to deliver enterprise wide infrastructure changes
- Guide and provide strategy for storage transition to outsourced partners ( Confidential )
- Perform infrastructure procurement, vendor interactions and portfolio infrastructure assessment
- Manage delivery service levels, non-functional requirements and performance metrics for shared services
- Develop strategies to optimize the technical debt management process for portfolio projects
- Conduct technology deep dives to assess the production readiness state of strategic initiative projects
- Manage outsourced development factory efforts to drive integration with in-house support groups
- Created and currently executing roadmap for a multi-year storage migration plan with a savings potential of $56 million
- Developed operational readiness strategy and performed assessment for Pricing, Security production portfolios
- Developed, rolled out and managed shared service task integration program with portfolios
- Developed and managed technical debt management process for enterprise architecture
- Reduced management support requirement for shared services management by 50%
- Manage Federal IT projects using Agile Methodology
- Responsible for managing IT project budgets and resource projections
- Initiates process and delivery improvements for program compliance
- Provides technical leadership for development team in executing Business Intelligence analytics
- Provides guidance to analytics team in translating law enforcement specific business requirements
- Manages initiative to integrate mission critical law enforcement system to production framework
- Managed HADOOP capacity planning, tools evaluation and execution
- Improved software delivery and production support model
- Led initiative to integrate diverse applications to achieve Confidential goals
- Facilitated the improved delivery of sprint and product backlog items
- Provide management strategy for implementing Enterprise Data Strategic Initiative, information security and SOA COE projects
- Manage project budgets, forecasts, budget transfers to cost centers and Enterprise Portfolio Status
- Key role in managing customer expectations, business requirements management and client onboarding
- Manages end to end Software and Infrastructure SDLC lifecycle for multiple strategic initiative projects
- Provides technical leadership to Middleware engineering and SOA development teams for solution development
- Engages with software vendors for procurement, professional services and service level agreements
- Leads project teams in complying with software development practices and operations transition
- Implements optimization solutions for facilitating stakeholder reporting, risk management and project tracking
- Successfully increased the project success rate of Enterprise Data projects
- Setup a project technology forum for interaction with SOA CoE, Middleware Engineering and Information Security
- Established technology adoption roadmap for onboarding SOA applications to Confidential Gateway
- Created efficiencies in the procurement and management of technical project assets
- Enabled seamless communication with the project team, business owners and IT support teams
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Manage Business Architecture consulting groups at Veteran’s Health Administration (Fixed Price contracts - 6 million)
- Responsible for Business and IT use case development at Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Integrates Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) practices to all T&H projects
- Leads CMMI Level 3 certification efforts for client engagements
- Engage senior client management in establishing strategic and tactical plans spanning two years
- Establish IT Governance and control measures for client engagement at Veteran’s Health Administration
- Leads proposal teams responding to HUD and VHA RFPs and RFIs
- Performance Manager for 12 Business Architects and 9 SDLC team members
- Enabled Business Architecture Integration between Information, Process and Reference Architecture
- Established efficient deliverables management process that helped reduce client penalties
- Successful recertification of CMMI Level 3
- Established enterprise architecture core capability group
Confidential, New York, New York
- Manage IT project teams at Confidential Risk Management group for Finance projects with budget of $2 million
- Program management activities managing multiple release cycles for a calendar year
- Coach and train Software Lifecycle Management practices to technical groups
- Interact with business stakeholders to strategize IT delivery plans to cater to business initiatives
- Recommend adoption of Industry standard Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) activities
- Hands on leader in implementing customized IT Project Management solutions for business segments
- Direct technology teams to follow best practices in IT controls, Change and Production management
- Integrate IT Governance strategies with Confidential ’s existing IT implementation models
- Develop project budgets, cost control measures and IT resource management strategies
- Engage in initiatives to build Project Management practice for Confidential
- Building proposals for business engagements with clients for Confidential
- Performance Manager for IT Practice teams at Confidential .
- Successfully delivered the program SOW to provide Project Management services to Confidential
- Reduced resource costs as multiple releases were bundled into the same project fund year
- Streamlined business requirements management processes to contain scope changes within releases
- Established communication protocols to report on IT program and project status to business stakeholders
Confidential, Herndon, Virginia
IT Account Manager
- Manage offshore and onshore project teams for delivering a 5 million SAP project.
- Create and promote production support proposals for HP based on Confidential ’s requirements.
- Analyze and plan for HUD’s infrastructure requirements and supervise datacenter implementation.
- Analyze HUD business process model to technology areas for account enrichment.
- Reviewing the RFI‘s and developing white papers for technical solutions.
- Spearheading the global delivery team for the risk analysis of HP’s disaster recovery datacenters.
- Cost containment through project recovery of a million dollar, fixed price, 9 months long Web Portal project
- Reduced the inefficiencies in global delivery for the SAP project, reduced estimated project cost.
- Established quality assurance processes for a large scale Mainframe to Unix conversion project
- Successfully established global remote disaster recovery site readiness for Confidential
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
Senior Technical Project Manager
- Supervising the project deployments with a budget of 100K to 1 Million.
- Executes projects using Agile and Waterfall Technology Delivery model.
- Evaluating and enforcing IT General Controls for 50 financial applications.
- Deploying the change management processes for Infrastructure divisions.
- Collaborating with the Enterprise Architecture Group for building SOA Compliant Systems.
- Functioning as a Member of the Account Level Change Control and Enterprise Change Control Boards.
- Supervising the critical enterprise vendor software rollouts affecting more than 4000 users.
- Increased project success percentage to 90% by incorporating essential governance processes
- Successfully integrated mortgage profitability business requirements into data warehouse implementations
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Gathering the telecommunications business specifications and translating it to technical and functional requirements.
- Charting and implementing release promotion standards for internal projects.
- Playing a major role in full software development life cycle and infrastructure management.
- Managing WBS, Artifacts, Communication, schedule, cost and risk processes.
- Managed evaluation, installation and configuration of production environments.
- Evaluating, recommending and tuning the enterprise backup and recovery processes.
- Charting quarterly plans and leading efforts to implement release upgrades and bug fixes.
- Establishing the project teams for implementing the hardware migration of production environments.
- Handling the integration of Sybase Replication and Oracle Components to the production environment.
- Charting software releasing promotion and attending change control boards.
- Formulating performance optimization strategies for the decision support teams.
- Successfully managed conversion of Legacy Telecom Customer Care Production applications to Client Server.
- Integrated Billing software to production Customer Care application that saved costly billing delays and losses.