- Over 15 years of IT experience in Project / Release Management, with clients in Financial / Mortgage / Banking Services, Healthcare, Biotech, Government Contracting, and Telecommunications
- Full accountability for the management of complete Software Development Lifecycle (project budget, timelines, scope, resources, risks, and milestones) consistent with PMO Methodology, IT Processes, and regulatory/Sarbanes Oxley ( Confidential )
- Skilled in producing project artifacts Dashboard reports.
- Involved in giving presentations to Executives & Senior Management (Directors, CTOs, and CIOs)
- Demonstrated ability in planning and deploying implementations with a variety of Development Methodologies: JAD, RAD, Agile - Scrum, and TDD
- Extensive experience and skilled in leadership, business negotiation, creative decision-making, crisis management, budget controls, policy making, client management, and negotiating project scope and business requirements
Agile and Waterfall Methodologies, ITIL process standard, Requirements Analysis, Incident Management, Process Analyst, Process Improvement, Process Re-Design, Project Management, Program Management, Risk Management, Scope Management, Resource Management, Scrum Master, Change Management, Release Management, Defect Tracking and Integration into Release Process, SDLC, Training and Instruction, Implementation Specialist (including Confidential products), Vendor Management, CMMI Level 3, Crisis Management
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the project lifecycle including Sprint Planning, leading daily SCRUM meetings, on-going product backlog grooming, and Review and Retrospectives
- Create and present executive dashboards on project progress and issues. Status reporting includes Release Burn Down Charts, Sprint Burn Down charts, and EACs
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered as part of risk and defect management
- Define and create project plans for projects, portfolio, and product prioritization and implementation
- Define, lead, and manage all aspects of the project, scope, budget, financial forecasting, scheduling, resources, and quality control of work products
- Manage project spending and validate financial forecasts throughout the project lifecycle
Sr. PROJECT MANAGER
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Project management duties include identifying resources and forecasting appropriate effort in conjunction with resource managers and obtaining their commitment as needed, creating baselines for comparison and tracking of project status, ensure development of successful communication plans for training and implementation, and ensure clarity of needs and requests resulting in clear requirements and expectations
- Scope Management / Change Management duties included tracking and resolving issues and risks, manage conflicts and solve problems, document and obtain written approval of all scope changes, track project expenses, provide clear and accurate weekly updates, tracking all necessary changes and impacts to the project from all involved areas of representation.
- Manage the portfolio of all projects via reporting, task management, and other toolset functions in Eclipse. Successfully tracked, initiated, reported, and closed projects. High caliber of communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate status of all efforts to the PMO, CIO, and leadership team
Sr. PROJECT / RELEASE MANAGER
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Provide analysis and insight to release management and change control processes and procedures
- Lead the release planning meetings for multiple platforms and project releases and prepare and publish release notes and communicates success or failure of the release to management.
- Provide direction for developing project release plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources for large scale program releases, which include maintenance releases and special dedicated project releases
- Meet with other IT and Business programs to align release schedules and timeline to minimize outages and/or production risks to ensure successful implementation of all release components to meet company commitments
- Implementations included Confidential Products and Curam Solutions to support the Affordable Care Act
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Managed elicitation and documentation of Business / Functional / System Requirement Specifications with stakeholders and users throughout project lifecycle
- Develop a Project Management Plan that provides Project Management, Configuration Management, Quality Management, and Communications Management
- Support Confidential -PMO technical reviews, prepare training sessions to ensure uninterrupted performance of on-going activities, conduct customer status meetings, and disseminate meeting minutes and action items
- Monitor, report, and provide input related to Confidential release activities using Confidential agreed reporting formats and schedules, to include project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS); Integrated Master Schedule (IMS); Confidential agreed Key Performance Indicator Reports; and other Confidential requested program management information.
- Develop the version of the IT Release plan that aligns legislative changes to the technology and projects and incorporated Curam solutions
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Responsible for application architecture, performance tuning, new feature development, monthly release support, and production support for 12 systems that support the Ecommerce site and internal teams across the organization
- Own project plans, estimates, technical documentation, deliverable lists, project management methodology and the overall development of the project
- Assure project managers own and drive detailed communication plans for each project/program
- Monitor team health and coach team members to optimally perform via daily Stand-up meetings
- Balance project time, resources and scope to ensure that projects support the business with a positive ROI and low risk of system failure via Sprint Planning Meetings
- Ability to assess the project and team needs in order to successfully follow a disciplined project management methodology. Providing leadership and management to entire project team and stakeholders
- Provide a single point of coordination to gain executive sponsorship, streamline communication, ensure common understanding of development plans, facilitate change management, and implement tracking and status reporting
- Align with the core project team to ensure business needs are addressed with the features and functionality in the final software product
- Conducted incident management to include metrics collection, analyses, triage, determine root cause, troubleshooting, escalation, resolution implementation, and timely reporting to stakeholders
PROJECT / RELEASE MANAGER
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Project planning and status reporting related to this initiative. Includes identification of milestones, internal and external dependencies, critical path, as well as risk and issue management. Includes in corporation of subcontractor planning into our own planning activities.
- Managed elicitation and documentation of Business / Functional / System Requirement Specifications ( Confidential, Fit-Gap Analysis, User Stories, Use Cases, User Acceptance / Unit / System Test plans, QA and Support, Risks, Dependencies, and Policy & Procedures
- Team size of 50+ employees depending on project workload with staff based in 3 regional geographies
- Coordinating tasks for team members supporting this initiative and managing the service delivery of project business functions
RELEASE / CONFIGURATION MANAGER
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Track, follow up on process dependencies and communicate status to upper management and required stakeholders
- Identify areas of risk/opportunity, and influence and implement continuous improvements to the process
- Define and report on product development process status, issues and success metrics
- Provide guidance and best practices to successfully drive initiatives through the product development process via Agile methodologies
- Provide work direction, training and development to other cross-functional team members (Scrum Master, Development Team, Product Owners, etc)
- Work closely with the Product Line Directors and VPs to understand priorities, influence decisions, propose solutions and ensure success of the process
- Manage cross functional team(s) and subject matter expert with representatives from Engineering, Sales, Service and Support, Finance, Operations, and others in the establishment, planning and implementation of multiple projects and/or programs
- Evaluate high level business problems to identify and execute logical programs and solutions to solve the problem
- Ability in detailing project mission and performance measurement baselines, accurately estimate and forecast to determine the project's scope, possible constraints and potential risks enabling supporting risk management, lowering costs and maximizing organizational profitability
Sr. RELEASE MANAGER
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Partner with Change Management teams to ensure the successful execution of release migrations.
- Manage overall implementation and ownership of implementation plan for release execution including communication and coordination with internal teams.
- Manage daily activities related to project scope, budget and schedule to advance the work of one or more sub-projects.
- Establish schedules and priorities. Facilitate decision-making on scope, budget, and schedule revisions.
- Ensure critical issues are identified, tracked and resolved, including root cause analysis. Responsible for incident reporting and resolution.
- Ensure business/operational deliverables are developed and tracked.
- Adhere to corporate and business unit standards and procedures. Obtain required approvals.
- Manage daily/weekly project communication and status reporting
- Ensure release is appropriately communicated to all stakeholders clearly stating business justification/impact prior implementation
- Ensure SDLC and PMAP required deliverables are prepared, approved, and archived where defined for emergency
Sr. RELEASE and CHANGE MANAGER
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Ensure client's standard Release Plans meet interdepartmental considerations and are executed in a manner consistent with internal customer requirements.
- Collaborate with IT and business teams and vendors to enable a unified project delivery IT work-stream
- Identify IT project components - create, maintain and communicate project schedule updates on a weekly basis. Monitor progress and work with leads to bring the schedule back on track or institute a schedule change process if deviations occur
- Ensure the creation of relevant lifecycle artifacts such as scope, requirements and design documents, rollout plan, training etc. Hold owners responsible for content creation, review and approval of these artifacts
- Proactively assess, document & communicate project risks and mitigation and follow through on open issues/action items
- Create positive relationships with stakeholders through open dialogues, so as to manage their expectations and set agreed objectives as appropriate
- Deal effectively with difficult issues, facilitate groups with highly disparate opinions to alignment on decisions that are optimal for the overall company
MANAGER of PROJECT and RELEASE MANAGEMENT
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Worked with Architecture, Development, Quality Assurance, and Project Management teams to implement releases of Java/J2EE based software.
- Customized source code and Confidential bug tracking tools to meet release process requirements and/or identify new tools/technologies that will make the release process more efficient, reliable, and cost effective
- Coordinated Release activities and chaired the Change Control Board ( Confidential ) presiding over “go/no go” decisions for over 85 applications.
- Supported Software Configuration Management audits and coordinated Code Reviews Coordinated and managed the effort of establishing an elaborate Confidential of company Infrastructure and all Configuration Items using HP Universal Confidential
Sr. RELEASE MANAGER
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Worked closely with all teams, including DBA and Infrastructure, to coordinate and facilitate promoting .NET and database application code releases across multiple environments to improve release quality
- Worked closely with Architecture and Development Leads to define a Visual Studio solutions standard to be used across all projects
- Worked closely with Dev and QA teams to resolve deployment issues
- Coordinated with all project PM’s on the sign-off process for releases and developed and maintained the overall release plan and release calendar
- Defined and implemented a common build and deployment process that was leveraged by all projects
- Responsible for developing scalable, reusable, and traceable processes and functions within the release management system
- Responsible for developing and maintaining release process documentation
- Developed the Change Control Charter, chaired the weekly Change Control Board meeting