- An accomplished successful multidisciplinary Information Technology (IT) professional with over twenty five (25) years of practical experience with Department of Defense, State & Local Government, Commercial, Healthcare Industry and Nonprofit Organizations .
- Program/Project Management: Over 20 years experience managing multiple IT projects small and large initiatives, concurrently, under aggressive time - lines from Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring, Controlling, and Closing
- Experience in developing requirements analysis for mission critical applications
- Project Cost Management: Practical experience in planning, estimating, budgeting, and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget
- Systems Design/Development: Practical experience in designing/developing/implementing E-Commerce, enterprise wide solutions, small and large applications and web based applications with Microsoft technologies
- Project Risk Management: Ability to identify, analyses, and control risk on projects
- Configuration/Change Management: Experience in implementing enterprise and Internet based applications configuration management tools and change management best practices
- Quality Assurance: Exceptional experience in software quality assurance plans
- Strategic Planning: Practical experience in design/implementing strategic plans
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) - Over 20 years of practical experience in ITIL methodology service strategy, design, transition, operation and continual service improvement
- Over 20 years experience in developing software under the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) methodology
- Contracts negotiation: over 20 years of contract negotiation experience
- Procurement/Acquisition: Exceptional Procurement and acquisition skills
- Uniquely qualified experience in Oracle design and implementing Mission-Critical database applications with complex requirements
- Exceptional issue resolution skills as well as excellent communication skills with team members, management, and customers
- Over 25 years experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
Senior Program/Project Manager
- Currently the Senior Program/Project Manager on a $20 million indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contract for the continued development, operations and maintenance of the Departmental E-Budgeting System (DEBS) sponsored by the Department of Labor (DOL) Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management.
- DEBS is the enterprise system that manages the entire budgeting process for the DOL and 26 agencies. It provides an integrated budget environment that enables users to enter, track, report, publish and analyses budget and performance data within and across all agencies
- Identified as Key personnel, and single point of contact to DOL
- Leads DOL engagement to ensure that it meets all scope, time, budget and quality expectations, through planning, controlling and managing customer projects
- Manage the day-to-day operations with team of 45 people and 3 subcontractors
- Collaboratively with, and in support of, the DEBS team to manage the DEBS program according to a mutually developed programmatic WBS, schedule, budget, project plan(s), and other governance requirements and documentation to ensure successful ongoing operations of the DEBS program
- Provide, or offer input to, both a project management approach that includes the implementation approach as well as project management processes and deliverables based on the PMI’sPMBOK®
- Provide Earned Value Management (EVM) to track project progress and manage best practices
- Responsible for business Strategist
- Providing written proposals for new task orders/statements of work
- Manage the current physical and virtual configurations of all information technology systems and related assets, and provide support for all aspects of IT software/hardware, as well as technical support for IT systems.
- Trained help-desk technicians to support functional and technical phone calls from users
- Manage services to comply with terms and conditions of SOW and individual Delivery Orders
- Evaluate and ensured all activities and deliverables conform to predefined quality standards and comply with the DOL SDLCM and other applicable Federal mandates (legislative or otherwise)
- Ensure that DOL SDLCM is appropriately applied to services provided and to supporting documentation furnished, updated, and maintained in conjunction with the PMO with proper configuration management in accordance with DOL’s SDLCM and the DEBS Configuration Plan
- Provides innovative solutions to complex and critically sensitive issues affecting multiple disciplines and working groups
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the team's activities to manage and implement project and/or interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage
- Determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk
- Leads the project team in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans
- Applies some subject matter and domain knowledge to solve IT and business issues
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Leads functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives
- Provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees
- Provide significant experience in leading and managing DEBS large infrastructure projects
- Provide Senior Program/Project on going operations, maintenance and support services
- Responsible for proposing a release management structure and ongoing maintenance calendar with resources needed to operate/maintain the system administration elements of the DEBS investment
- Provide system management patching of the DEBS system environment(s), to include, Development; Testing; Staging; Training; and Production
- Provide input to the Work Breakdown Structure
- Development of the project schedule related to services covered by Offeror’s Task Order
- Oversight of Offeror’s project scope, cost controls, quality and delivery of effective customer
- Provide Input/updates to the master program schedule, budget and other reporting
- Perform Project Management Plan from project initiation to project closure
- Executed Quality Management Plan to include program reviews, metrics and quality measures
- Implemented Communications Management Plan, keeping customers and stakeholders informed on project progress and status
- Managed Cost Management Plan, controlling cost, keeping projects within budget and schedule
- Provide Input/updates to the Risk Response Plan, updating and mitigating risk
- Conducted Change Management Plan
- Deliver weekly status and progress reports input to the DEBS TEAM
- Attend weekly status meetings and other project management meetings
- Manage Security and Authorization to Operate (ATO) - Security documentation related to the Authorization to Operate (ATO); certification and accreditation and continuous monitoring of security controls on a monthly, quarterly or semi-annual basis
- Manage/Oversee Penetration testing, security scanning, contingency plan reviews and active participation in table top exercises, and vulnerability scanning for the purposes of ongoing continuous monitoring
- Manage/Oversee Policy enforcement congruent with DOL Computer Security Handbook (CSH), NIST, FISMA, and DISA STIG common controls
- Manage/Oversee Enterprise Architecture (EA) - perform analysis and evaluation services to determine specific elements of the agreed upon implementation approach of DEBS
- Provide Analysis and evaluation may include items such as; Analysis of“As-Is”state—Analyzing and reviewing“As-Is”processes as documented in previous stages of the DEBS program
- Further definition of“To-Be”state—Refining“To-Be”processes based on gathered requirements “To-Be” processes documented in previous stages, and specific system requirements
- Identify new and potential requirements necessary to fulfill DEBS vision and goals. Provide analysis for the DEBS Change Control Board (CCB)
- Manage/Oversee Configuration Management - provide services for all aspects of system design, configuration, and development.
- Attending/facilitating regular DEBS configuration control board meetings
- Performing regular configuration management related audits, and producing after action reports.
- Manage Regular maintenance releases of the DEBS application
- Alignment of future DEBS application functionality with systematic release campaigns both internal to the DOL and any external customers
- Manage/Oversee Training - Development of a certification program with the express purpose of devolving the training related requirements of the DEBS application to external entities
Project Manager/Technical Lead
- Worked for Confidential on a six month contract at Catamaran Corporation (formerly Catalystrx and SXC Health Solutions) located in Lisle, Illinois. Catamaran is a pharmacy benefit management company that sells services related to pharmacy benefit management and medical record keeping to businesses in the United States. Catamaran works independently of the government and insurance companies allows it to operate as a third party verifier.
- As the Project manager/Technical Lead my responsibilities was the migration of corporate enterprise mission critical messaging system. The current messaging system sends and receives more than 4.2 Million messages a month, and with 8000 users service accounts. The current corporate messaging system was comprised of four (4) technologies Websense email Security, Symantec email encryption, BlackBerry Server smart device technology and Microsoft Exchange 2007 messaging system. That was being migrated and upgraded, from Rockville Maryland data center to Ashburn Virginia data center. My responsibility was to create a project plan, budget, staffing plan, technical migration plan, communication plan, risk plan, testing plan and rollback plan, also responsible for the day-to-day operation for the corporate messaging system.
Senior Information Technology Consultant
- Senior Consultant to Union Station Redevelopment Corporation (USRC). USRC oversee the Union Station's restoration and renaissance as Amtrak’s corporate headquarters building and as a retail/entertainment center, tourist attraction and economic generator for the city of the District of Columbia, Washington DC. As the Senior Information Technology Consultant for 13 years my duties and responsibilities was to managing USRC technology enterprise systems. Key responsibilities at USRC requirements analysis, system design, system implementation, system integration, system operation and maintenance of USRC network infrastructure, telecommunications systems, data centers, application servers, storage system, and desktop management. Mission-critical projects at USRC;
- Designed and implemented enterprise wide network using Microsoft Technology;
- Designed and Implemented enterprise wide messaging system "Microsoft exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010" with Active Directory for 425 users;
- Designed and implemented enterprise-wide Security Policies and profiles for the network infrastructure, telecommunications systems, data centers, application servers, storage system, and desktop;
- Designed and implemented data storage system with Microsoft SharePoint;
- Designed and implemented Key system (Phone system);
- Also responsible for procurement of all hardware, software and information technology resources;
- Also responsible for creating the yearly budget for information technology which is a part of USRC Capital Planning and Investment Control.
Senior Director of Information Technology
- Responsible for directing and managing IT consulting engagements for Federal, State and Local government; quasi-government and private sector corporate clients in the areas of e-commerce, COTS systems selection and implementations, IT strategic planning, telecom systems, enterprise-wide solutions, data center consolidation, network security and other specializes areas of IT consulting. In addition, responsible for enhancing and expanding TCBA IT Consulting Principal working relationships (joint venture and/or sub-contracting) with larger national IT consulting firms, the “Big Five” and other second-tier national IT firms and information technology companies.
- Technical lead - Administrative Services Modernization Program (ASMP) Project
- Responsibility was provide a blend of Technical Leadership for the Functionality and be the subject matter expert on the domain and institutional knowledge for the implementation, maintenance, support and development for Administrative Services Modernization Program (ASMP) Project. Also Identifies ways technology solutions can be applied to support business strategies and improve business processes. Partner with the stakeholders with business units and Business Consultants team to communicate and clarify business needs to vendor resources, contribute to development of long-range systems plans and architecture, assist in requirements elaboration, and ensure products and services are aligned and implemented to meet business needs. As the Technical lead for the selection team on the PeopleSoft implementation for Human Resources, Payroll, and Time & Attendance for The Chief Technology Officer of the District of Columbia the system designed and implemented to supports 30,000 District employees.
- Responsible for managing the District of Columbia (DC) Office of Property Management (OPM) Day-to Day operations for 325 user enterprise network that consist of hardware, software, local area network, telecommunications, maintenance and repair service agreements for all OPM equipment.
- Provided project manager support for the DC IT project; an e-government initiative for The Chief Technology Officer of the District of Columbia (OCTO) implementing several web-based (“Kennedy”) applications to provide D.C. citizens and the business community with online access to government information and services such as tax filing and submission, small business life cycle management, license, permit and renewal as other on-line e-government services.
- Project manager for OCTO successful in taking Commercial Off-The-Shelf products and designing critical applications for OCTO. Responsible for requirements analysis, documentation, software and hardware system analysis, design, development, the re-hosting of software and Backend databases.
- Successfully designed, implemented, and managed E Commerce web applications for the District of Columbia. Assisted the District with the development of e-commerce strategy, back-office support and processing requirements, appropriate infrastructure, penetration testing strategy and final implementation. With the District’s e-commerce sites, as a result District of Columbia now has the ability to significantly enhance and promote their services adding to their overall e-government marketing strategy.
- Also was responsible for the high level requirements analysis for the Cross Enforcement Initiative from the District of Columbia Office of the City Administrator, Operational Improvements Division. The initiative improved the enforcement of regulatory requirements pertaining to the maintenance of clean, safe, and healthy neighbourhoods. The requirements also included trash disposal, fire prevention, and business licensing/building construction. The initiative involved four prongs: Teeth in Enforcement, Code Harmonization, and Consolidated Adjudication.
Vice President/General Manager, Information Technology
- Successfully designed, implemented, the Basic Electronics Screening Tool application (BEST) for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) job applicants, computer-base version of the (BEST), a screening test of knowledge of basic electricity, electronics, and related mathematical skills.
- Coordinate, plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. Engage in acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Works with the business line / stake holders to define and refine requirements and help guide the project teams to the right technical solution. Provide technical knowledge of the environment / platform, coding practices, and software development lifecycle to assist with design, development and quality assurance aspects of the project. other responsibilities;
- Define the project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively timely and clearly communicated project expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members/stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Engage with external vendors to establish SOW agreements and manage vendor deliverables.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortem and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Providing architectural guidance and drive infrastructure decisions in collaboration with other technical and management stakeholders.
- Assisting with System Requirement Specifications, System Design Documentation and Test Planning.
Director, Information Systems Division
- Collaborated with business counter parts in defining information technology needs, Establishing priorities, and creating/monitoring plans. Planned, directed and coordinated the overall direction of all activities for a strategic business unit. Developed strategies to achieve business goals. Directed the assessment and development of new business. Responsible for quarterly and annual planning activities including resources, revenue, services and forecasts. Developed procedures for the company and was responsible for maintaining a relationship with major clients and prospects. Established and monitored budgets and controlled expenses to achieve corporate goals.
- Managed the Confidential Network Implementation contract with a value exceeding $25 Million. This project included a consolidation of office voice and data communications. The first phase was a 3-site prototype network site survey and implementation. The second phase included modifications determined as a result of the phase one with the final technical solution for 24 sites throughout the state of Kentucky.
- Managed the DOD Contract responsible for managing the GCCS SORTS (GSORTS) Proof-Of-Concept portion of the contract worth $2 Million, and SORTS Modernization effort, for a team of 9 engineers including 7 subcontractors. The system became the single, global command and control, communications, computer and intelligence system to support the USA in combat. Upon successful approval of the proof concept the contract expanded to $120 Million.
- Responsible for providing training for all military and civilian users on the local and wide area networks for Defence Modelling and Simulation (DMSO) contract. Worked closely with the customer to develop and continuously update customized training plan to meet the needs of users. Also developed the yearly Information Technology (IT) budget for DMSO.
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing, and managing large databases, accommodating varied amounts of data from commercial and government clients.
- Provided customer support services for large-scale local, wide area networks with over 150 Windows NT, Window 2000, Unix servers, Oracle databases and over 4,000 users for the Department of Defence.
- Responsible for providing hardware, software, repairs, installation, upgrades, configuration management, troubleshooting failures on Networks, LAN/WAN in Windows, UNIX, SunOS environment at the Pentagon and other EDS government customer sites.