- Confidential has over twenty years of experience in Information Technology, planning, managing and delivering end - to-end complex integration projects involving medium to large team sizes team sizes, and multiple stakeholders in Healthcare, Public Sector Insurance industry, primarily in Insurance Regulation and Continuing Education.
- Experienced in delivering across multiple geographic boundaries such as USA, UK, Europe and India. Experience is complemented with on-shore, off-shore as well as on-shore/off-shore delivery models.
- Confidential 's experience demonstrates expertise in managing people, processes and technology. Over the past 12 years, Confidential has been intimately involved with managing all SDLC phases - Initiation and Visioning (Project charter, plan, and validation of requirements), Realization (design, development, monitoring, testing, training & BPR) and Implementation phases of large scale integrated systems. Confidential has implemented Risk/Issue resolution process and an agreed upon Change Management process to manage scope and deliver projects on schedule and within budget. Confidential 's “we all work as a team” attitude and ability to deliver tough messages to clients in a timely manner, have led to excellent relationships and trust with clients.
- Confidential has built teams by leveraging existing team members as well as augmenting them, with fresh talent, by participating in recruiting activities. He contributes to the thought leadership by working with other teams to determine long-term and short-term goals for the project/ product, which can be transferred to multiple clients with minimum/cost-effective customization.
- Successfully implementing highly visible multiple medium to large scale, complex highly integrated global technology projects on time, within budget and meeting overall business, financial objectives, governance structure, processes, tools and quality goals.
- Managing relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Works under minimal supervision and sometimes under ambiguous tasks where out-of-the-box and creative solutions are needed.
- Excellent problem solving skills where you get multiple cross-functional teams involved and have a collaborative approach on reaching a common objective.
- Implementing Change/ Issue/ Risk management process and an agreed upon Change Management process to manage scope and successfully deliver projects.
- Excellent program management skills including clear communication, both verbal and written - across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command.
- Proficient in project management tools, processes and best practices to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and implement projects.
- Well versed in Agile as well as Waterfall development methodologies.
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, Santa Fe, NM
- Application Manager for the State Base Marketplace (SBM) real time eligibility interface project which has high visibility and challenging deadlines using State of New Mexico Project Management Methodology and the State governance process.
- Manage the requirements, development, debugging, deployment, testing and other agreed upon deliverables (some examples are documentation, performance) with effective use of resources.
- Work with development leads to translate the business requirements into technical specifications.
- Maintaining the relationships with the client (NM Human Services Department) as well as other internal and external vendors.
- Compiling the prospective changes for the system, finalizing scope and documenting the same for the formal delivery to client management and other stakeholders, monitoring and tracking progress.
- Reporting to Client and Deloitte executive team on the status of the project and escalating items as needed.
- Work with the Client business stakeholders to assess testing requirements, procedures as well as associated risks on each release cycle.
- Work very closely with Problem Management, QA/UAT, Data Center Operations, Infrastructure Services, and software development groups, and external vendors.
- Schedule meetings for periodic status update as well as for getting approval on various phases; get the minutes published and follow-up on resulting action items.
- Full people management responsibility that includes hiring the team, mentoring, providing training resources and if staff don’t perform to expected level, to let them go.
- Make sure that the team members are encouraged and mentored to take on additional responsibility as per their capabilities and preferences.
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, Lansing, MI
- Deputy Project Manager for Affordable Care Act ( Confidential ) project which has high visibility and challenging deadlines using State of Michigan (SOM) SUITE Project Management Methodology and the State governance process.
- Ensure that the Program is managed and governed as per the contract terms. Supervised functional managers to ensure that the enhancements to the system are well designed tested and implemented. Work with the technical team and ensure that the product stays current with the latest technology.
- Managed the development and testing teams along with maintaining the relationships with the client (MI DHS and MI DTMB - Department of Technology Management and Budget) as well as other vendors.
- Recommended the scope of the releases to state management and other stakeholders, monitoring and tracking progress. Lead the negotiations in the Release Planning and Management (RPM) meetings.
- Reported to client and Deloitte executive team on the status of the items included during the period of the release.
- Worked very closely with problem management, release planning management group, PCO, Governance Team, QAT/UAT, data center operations, infrastructure services, and software development teams, and external interface partners.
- Led scope management by working collaboratively with State executive team during a release cycle to control scope creep while assessing the inclusion of critical production fixes. This resulted in 25% reduction in scope creep and overall efficient and effective implementations over the past two years.
- Managed full cycle of critical system fixes into production via an immediate release process, from the assessment phase of such fixes through the development, testing, and communication of status project-wide.
- Mentored the team on tools, processes, best practices and keep on building the ‘lessons learned’.
Confidential, Okemos, MI
Confidential Senior Program Manager
- Managed project managers ensuring successful delivery of projects.
- Provided senior level project management and business analysis services to ensure delivery of the system(s) including managing expectations, scope, time, cost, communication to executive sponsors, quality, and risk management coupled with anticipation and mitigation.
- Led and directed all phases of SDLC including initiation, planning, estimation, gathering requirements, designing, scheduling work assignments, directing work, setting priorities, correcting any deviations from plans and managing sub-contractors.
- Provided technical, functional and project management inputs for proposals in response to RFP.
Confidential Program Manager
- In addition to project manager responsibilities managed a portfolio of projects which were led to successful completion.
- Managed the project plan, defined the scope, implementation to successfully complete the project within the stipulated time and budget.
- Leading data conversion activities mapping source State database(s) to local and finalizing the conversion design specifications, reviewing ETL tools
- Led the requirements team in gathering and analyzing and negotiating customer requirements, conducting gap analysis, work flow analysis and creation of the functional specifications