Customer - focused senior software professional with exceptional analytical, communication, and people skills. Dynamic and credible leader adept in balancing technical and business considerations, making good decisions in ambiguous situations and influencing teams across the organization. Polished interpersonal and leadership skills with proven ability to work through high pressure situations in a calm and solution-focused manner. Excellent Client Interfacing & Consulting skills.
Process Improvement: Certified Scrum Master, Agile Methodologies, Retrospectives, Certified Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant
Project Execution: Taking a Concept to Product, Product Evangelization, Cross-Functional Innovation, Vendor/Partner Management, Sprint Planning
Product Development: Technical Product Management, User Stories, Backlog Grooming, Customer Needs Analysis, Release Planning
People Management: Vision & Leadership, Performance Management, People Development, Coaching, Mentoring, Hiring
Confidential, Plantation FL / Phoenix AZ
- Introduced Agile practice's through six phases as follows: Engagement Planning & Preparation; Training and Workshops; Project Chartering; Release Planning; Agile Coaching; Agile Retrospectives.
- Lead the first Portfolio transformation through Agile Transformation efforts for AMEX as well as starting up new teams and business units & manage dependencies at the Portfolio & Program Level (using SAFe Agile Release Trains).
- Support the organizational Transformation toward Agile as a Software Delivery model
- Coach the processes related to the development, road-mapping, and execution of a portfolio of strategic projects designed to optimize the company’s capabilities.
- Partner with PMO on cross-functional initiatives related to readying key processes for new product development and product releases
- Develop training to support Agile knowledge acquisition and adoption Conduct Agile Training sessions
- Employed Scrumban (Scrum with Kanban), Kanban and XP (TDD and Pair Programming) practices.
- Coached, trained, and mentored Scrum Teams, Product Owners, and ScrumMasters responsible for delivering product & software projects, training and reinforcing Agile Scrum practices
- Driving organizational agility through agile values, principles, and practices for software delivery by working with the executive, mid-senior management, and development teams.
Agile Coach / Scrum Master
Confidential, South Lake, TX
- Synchronized the Agile adoption practices between business and technology stakeholders to ensure that all efforts were coordinated and achieving their stated objectives.
- Participated in project planning sessions with business analysts and team members to analyze business IT Requirements and translated business requirements into working software.
- Scrum master for multiple & individual teams; Scrum of Scrums; release planning; sprint planning/review; retrospectives; coaching; facilitation; Extreme Programming (XP).
- Coach the Product Owners in Agile, especially with regards to preparing User Stories and prioritising the Product Backlog.
- Integrated a User Experience (UX) runway into Agile software development framework
- Implemented Scrum methods into multiple levels of project engagement using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Coached younger professionals in applying Agile software development techniques. Building ultra-high performance Agile teams
- Organizational cultural transformation of technical/business units to foster Agile practices
- Organized and facilitated project planning, daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, Scrum of Scrums and retrospectives.
- Ensured demos are prepared for presentation.
- Managed sprint team issues, risks and mitigation plans; work with management team to resolve issues that must be escalated.
- Tracked and communicate team velocity and sprint progress.
- Compiled and presented post-sprint performance reviews, recommends changes to improve sprint performance.
- Coordinated delivery of development (beta) and production releases that meet quality assurance standards.
- Authored and managed all aspects of scrum documentation including; sprint backlog, burn down, team roster, velocity, ROI, etc.
- Experience coaching, teaching and guiding teams to adopt the Scrum methodology.
- Provide instruction and training to software development teams in the area of agile software principles
- Ensured team delivered required functionality on time by resolving roadblocks, e.g. access to remotely-hosted source code change control system.
- Managed offshore teams in different geographical places.
- Managed the software development in a high profile project with 24×7 support and twice a week overnight deployments. SCRUM implementation for delivery acceleration and increase communications.
- Assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Interface with other functional areas and manage the project with decisions often impacting several units or divisions.
- Managed projects and deadlines in anticipation of customer needs and requirements; effectively design work processes and shape deadlines to meet those needs.
- Report status and progress on a timely basis along with active management of project issues, risks and dependencies.
- Act as a change agent on matters that affect the project; help to identify and eliminate barriers to needed change and improvements and frequently offering new ideas to resolve problems.
- Coached and mentored team members in Unit Testing and design
Environment: Oracle 10g, Oracle Jdeveloper 10.1.3.2, WebLogic 10.3 , MQ Series, Windows XP, Suse Linux Enterprise 10,Redhat Linux 9,Eclipse 3.0.x, JSP 2.2, Java-Servlet 3.0, Jakarta Struts 1.2.4, JFreeChart, JSF, Spring 2.0/2.5.1,XML 1.0, XStream, JDBC, IBatis for java 2.1.0,Hibernate 3.1, JBOSS 4.0, QuickTest Professional (QTP), Crystal Reports 11.0.x, UML 2.0, Swing, MS Project, MS Visio 2003, Agile Processes, GIT, Java Script 1.1, InDesign, Ext JS, CSS, (D) HTML, Adobe Flex 3, UML 2.0, PL/SQL, Unix and AJAX, Rally, VersionOne, JIRA and MS Team Foundation Server.
Confidential, Las Colinas, TX
- Responsible for analyzing the requirement and providing solutions for development of Eligibility use cases like enroll, reinstate, terminate member and dependent.
- Championed the introduction of Scrum/Agile practices within development group.
- As the Scrum Master with the pilot team, demonstrated benefits of adopting Scrum; also identified potential issues and recommended action plan in order to address them.
- Facilitated regular meetings with the Scrum teams and the Product Owner to review developments (demonstrate functionality), plan for upcoming requirements (user stories) and commit to delivery in the forthcoming four week sprint.