- A former senior diplomat, a PMP accredited Software Program/Project Manager with over a decade of software project management experience in Washington DC area;
- Have over 15 years experience in managing Full Life Cycle development of software; pioneering role in mega software project development and management in one of the most complex and demanding environment (The Confidential Loan Servicing System of the Confidential ); outstanding career in the Indian Confidential, in senior management positions for Management
- Information System and Project Development including the Chief Information Officer; and, a prestigious deputation to a senior diplomatic assignment at the Indian Embassy in Washington DC.
- Have worked on Mainframe, DEC, super minis and Desktops using VAX/VMS & ALPHA, UNIX, DOS and Window (Desktop and servers), MVS, ICL - 2900 operating systems.
- A programming guru, have written/modified over 3000 modules in PL/SQL, SQL and embedded SQL, COBOL, C/C++ and JAVA over past 25 years.
- Expert in database design and performance enhancement, especially of very large databases (1 TB).
- Have set up a new Data Center, provided technical leadership and supervision to a team of 200 IT professionals in, Business Process Re-engineering and downsizing a legacy system to state of art modern system. Can bring in cost reduction and higher productivity.
Hardware: Mainframe (IBM & ICL-2900), VAX, Alpha (Client/server), Superminis and Desktops.
Operating Systems: VAX/VMS, UNIX, DOS, MVS6, WINDOW (Desktop and Servers) and VME-2900.
RDBMS: ORACLE (SQL, Form, Report, Net, Menu, utilities), ORACLE RDB, SQL Server, SYBASE, DB2, ACCESS.
PC Based: Worked on DOS and WINDOW based Word Processors, Spreadsheets, Databases, Graphics Project Management and Presentation packages of most of the leading brands.
Project Management: MS Project, IB Rational tools (Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Clear Quest)
Senior Program/Project Manager
- Head the PMO of the company: Manage multiple projects simultaneously from cradle to grave i.e. from proposal to project closing. The current projects are listed below
- United States Confidential - New Technology Assessment
- United States Confidential (Office of the Surgeon General) for conversion and transportation of Commissioned Officers data to US Coast Guard (PeopleSoft Platform).
- National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Web Support, SharePoint & IT Services for the Office of Equal Opportunity and diversity Management. This project is using 100% Agile methodology since Oct 2011.
- United States Department of Defense for transforming primary care system into a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Project.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture ( Confidential ) Food Safety & Inspection Service (FSIS) District Office Consolidation project using Agile methodology (Total project duration 10 months).
- Expert in DoD budgeting Process based on PPBE (Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution) Framrwork.
- Develop new business. Write Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and Capability Statements for new businesses
- Provide cost, technical data, and proposals for the new and existing program and projects.
- Provide Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM)/Detailed pricing for new proposals using Bottoms UP/Top Down approach for new and existing program and projects.
- Conduct Planning (both strategic and tactical) for the programs
- Write evaluation plan, white papers of new cutting edge technologies for Confidential
- Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Act as primary customer contact for program activities. Lead program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and performance
- End to end Complex program management with each program comprising of one or more projects
- Develop, Execute, and update detailed program plans, budgets and schedules to meet changing needs/requirements
- Setup roadmaps for programs/projects in consultation with all the stakeholders
- Facilitate project execution, monitoring, controlling, and closure where necessary.
- Control Cost, Schedule and Performance of company existing program and projects
- Calculate, Monitor, and report Earned Value Management (EVM) indicators.
- Create, Update, Comply and enforce company Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Process improvements and Lead CMMI level 3 certification initiative
- Identify possible project risks. Recommend and implements risk avoidance, mitigation, and elimination solutions as approved and as appropriate
- Identify, interview, select, and hire project staff. Assess training need, select training tools for team members. Identify, implement, and monitor areas for internal improvement
- Effectively delegate authority to project members/leads
- Create/approve performance objectives of project staff, evaluate performance against the performance objectives, act as a mentor of the staff members
- Recommend over high performing staff for bonus, promotion or other incentive. Provide guideline/help to underperforming to improve
- Update/Upgrade/Create a comprehensive Change Management System encompassing process, product, documents, and resources
Project / Product Manager
- Worked with multiple modern project management tools and capacity to identify risks and develop appropriate mitigation measures;
- Responsible for leading and motivating large teams of professionals; coordinating cross-functional and cross-unit activities.
- Successfully lead teams under high pressure projects such as Title - 4, Teach Grants, etc.
- Successfully delivered quality products on or ahead of schedule
- Responsible for understanding the organization's business strategies and link it to project goals and all project activities.
- Responsible in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- As Project Manager of Master Billing Units for generating complex invoices for over $15 million per month, based on multiple services provided.
- As Project Manager - Responsible for decomposing features into manageable work items. Created a tool for mapping features to requirements and generation of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) mapping requirement to Design, Development and Testing Objects.
- Managed the Design, Development and Implementation of Interface with Confidential for 1.5 millions electronic debits, using multiple technologies and System Oriented Architecture.
- Introduced the usage of Earned Value Management (EVM) in Project Management process.
- Served and supported multiple Scrum teams
- Worked with Scrum teams to manage team backlogs and facilitate continuous delivery of items on the backlog,
- Lead and directed multiple project teams engaged in the design, implementation and modification of IT projects that span across functional organizations.
- Built a delivery-focused, highly collaborative culture within the teams.
- Facilitated the agile ceremonies including sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, software demonstrations, etc.
- Ensured Agile SDLC processes are implemented effectively; provided coaching and training to individuals or teams as needed; improve, fine tune, document and improve these processes
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution