- Infrastructure Build - outs: Storage & Network engineering, Database-System Security Administration, Application workflow mapping and datacenter migration phase packaging, network refreshes and upgrades, Windows & Exchange Server Builds including Active Directory + LDAP Migration,
- Banking / Brokerage: front-office / back-office application design and implementation of fixed income, mortgage backed securities, depository-clearing house interfaces, wealth management interfaces to trading and investment systems.
- Life-Cycle Support: project estimates, phase costs, planning, charter / requirements creation, design, development, QA testing, Deployment
- Business Continuity: business recovery solutions / application prioritization / tier leveling
- Disaster recovery planning, testing, DR solution implementations, backup & recovery
- System End of Life planning and application (s) phase out / closedown,
- Outsourcing: offshore team management, monitoring and setup of ITIL Service Desk, ITSM Tools
- Virtual environments: Setup of Hyper-V to create Virtual Machine environments for migrating physical servers to VM environments in the US, Confidential, Asia PAC
- Management consultant for major NYC & NJ corporations to assist senior managers with automation planning, improvements and cost savings strategies.
- Manufacturing Applications: Bill of Material automotive parts assembly, steel frame construction components, Navy ship / submarine component parts.
- Vendor Management: Vendor evaluation, qualification, selection and management for client projects.
ConfidentialSr. Infrastructure Mgr.
- Work with American and International teams to define the steps required to migrate office, IT and network equipment to new floor space in another building / city.
- Set up meetings with remote teams to define IT and business tasks required for the move of equipment, people, staff and networks to new offices and floor space established for the move.
- Interface with IT and management staff in US and foreign countries to plan-out the move.
- Work with network / IT teams to order new equipment, build-out new space, relocate equipment and complete move within required time frame.
Sr. Infrastructure Mgr.
- Planning, scheduling and implementation of Oracle 11.x, thin/thick clients and server upgrades,
- Major tasks - Oracle / infrastructure upgrades, data center consolidations, disaster recovery testing, software analysis/discovery, hardware requisitioning, ordering / purchasing of network, software, hardware (servers, routers, and controllers) and integration testing,
- Utilized Messaging Software (IBM MQ Workflow, MSN MQ Workflow, MSN MQ Messaging Software, XMS, IBOLT, Java Message Service, Oracle JMS (WebSphere / Weblogic)
- Developed Middleware Software to provide routing of traffic to specific datacenters and departments for processing,
- Status Reporting: RAID, RACI, financials and project governance for senior management.
- Use of Oracle Database 12c, Oracle Linux, Red Hat Linux for a select set of applications
Sr. Infrastructure Mgr.
- Planned, scheduled, managed, and implemented network infrastructure upgrades for subsidiary companies. Activities included testing of network software & hardware, reporting team progress, managing upgrades, reporting team progress, that included - infrastructure, active directory, data center migration and productivity metrics to senior management.
- Held weekly/monthly meetings with engineering, network, application teams and senior management to plan and forecast data center upgrades; disseminated product information and reported progress weekly and as needed basis.
- Governance reporting included creation of RACI Charts (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed) and RAID (Risks, Issues, Assumptions / Action Items, and Decisions made).
- Managed risks, issues, escalations and reporting to senior management and project governance.
- Obtained pricing (RFP) for specific Network hardware to migrate from level2 to to level 3 certification.
Sr. Infrastructure PM, New Jersey
- Evaluated, and tested ITSM / Service Management vendor software capabilities. Created detail requirements, presented findings / recommendations to senior management. Set up presentations for client to evaluate ITSM vendor software that included Service Management capabilities that would enable IT to provision, support, monitor, and control the operations environment effectively.
- Service Management features and functions included Event, Configuration, Incident, Availability, Problem Management, Change Control, and Service Level Management.
- Vendors evaluated included: Service Now, BMC, HP, VMware (v-Sphere)
- Obtained pricing (RFP) from vendors to provide pricing from varous ITSM vendors.
Sr. Infrastructure PM, New Jersey
- Planned, defined, designed and implemented Windows, Solaris and Unix VMware / virtual environments for Bank software / applications. Locations included New Jersey and New York areas in coordination with staff / data centers in Confidential . Major activities included analyzing existing physical server environments and working with engineering teams to develop technical specifications and implementation plans for migration to VM environments.
- Decommissioned EOL and Physical servers migrated to VM environments.
- Developed technical architecture and application environment documents for presentation to senior management. Presentations included “virtual machine” design, transition & migration steps, “Cloud” Computing Architecture, transition steps, and cost / benefits savings.
- Engineering and definition of Hyper-V & VM environments: used existing physical machines resources, new virtual machine design, and project steps required for cutover to Hyper V & VM / virtual environments.
- Service Now Configuration Management support updates for physical server conversion to VMware.
Sr. Infrastructure PM
- Managed the planning, scheduling, moving and implementation of multiple US data center platforms / software to Canadian data center sites. Major activities included: hardware - sizing, ordering, infrastructure & middleware build-out, testing and installation of multiple applications / environments - Dev, SIT, BAT, PAT, production and Disaster Recovery for both mainframe (ZOS) and distributed environments. Managed data center staff - system administrators, DBA’s, Websphere & middleware engineers. Completed the server de-commissioning and disposal of legacy hardware and applications:
- Data Center and business application migrations of front-end banking systems to data-centers in international locations. Implementations included internet, intranet, client-server, multi-platform (UNIX, Windows, AIX, and Linux). Web environments included Websphere and WebMethods; database environments included Oracle, SQL.
- Migrated Bank applications in US Data Centers to centralized Canadian Data Centers. Decommissioned EOL and physical servers no longer needed.
- Developed proposals, project costs, project plans - for the tracking and implementation of several business applications across multiple lines of business areas.
- Managed multiple data-center rollout teams that consisted of network engineers and Windows, UNIX, Linux, AIX engineers, Oracle / SQL DBA’s, SAN engineers and operations staff.
- Tested & implemented platform messaging / software interfaces for Oracle JMS (WebLogic, Websphere), IBM TX Series.
Sr. Infrastructure PM
- Managed data center - contractors, vendor staff - system administrators, UNIX & middleware engineers, electrical & engineering contractors, decommissioning / disposal of legacy hardware and software.
- Designed - development, integration and Quality Assurance environments for programming and testing teams, which improved efficiency and rapid solution implementations for their major clients.
- Assisted in the evaluation, selection and implementation of Sunfire 6400 virtual environments.
- Established ITIL Framework for Offshore Level 1 & 2 Infrastructure monitoring support teams
- Implemented document Imaging system with dual infrastructure and backup recovery systems that provides trade / deal broker dealer document lifecycle tracking.
- Wrote RFI / RFP to obtain Network Engineering Support
- Developed interfaces for Wealth Management software platforms and off-shore service centers
- Upgraded MS Exchange Server from 2003 to 2007. Added improved - calendaring, unified messaging, mobility and Web access.
- Wrote RFP’s and BPO’s to obtain vendor support to implement worldwide optical networks.
Sr. Infrastructure PM, New York
- Migrated 400 software platforms on over 100 servers to consolidated servers in new Delaware data centers.
- Managed data center staff - system administrators, UNIX & Windows, electrical & hardware server engineering contractors. Completed decommissioning and disposal of legacy hardware and applications.
- Established ITIL procedures for Help/Service Desk Monitoring of Mainframe processes.
- Implemented ITIL framework for offshore support the Investment Tracking System in India, Hong Kong & Australia
- Managed major phases of the IBM remediation / outsourcing contract with Chase. Communicated and coordinated business software, operations and engineering activities (network cabling, Storage Area Network, mainframe & distributed database creation / installation).
- Implemented business software (including fail-over and business continuity) at data-centers in the tri-state area. Implementations included internet, intranet, client-server, multi-platform (SUN Solaris, Intel Windows 2000) environments and technologies. Web environments included Websphere and WebLogic; database environments included Oracle, DB2, and UDB, Network environments included VAN, WAN, LAN and VPN that supported worldwide operations.
- Implemented a 24 Intel server business continuity site for Retirement Services in multiple data centers.
- Implemented SAN / NAS storage systems as part of the major business continuity initiatives for existing bank software platforms.
- Defined and implemented backup and recovery strategies / equipment for NT, UNIX and (EMC/Compaq) storage networks.
- Developed proposals, project costs, project plans - for the tracking and implementation of several business continuity sites.
- Managed multiple data-center rollout teams that consisted of network planners, NT engineers, DBA’s, SAN engineers and operations staff.
- Held daily/weekly meetings with engineering and product teams to disseminate product information, training materials and reporting templates.
- Wrote RFI, RFQ, RFP’s to obtain hardware, labor and software costs required for data center upgrades, migrations and consolidations.
- Obtained COTS - Commercial Off The Shelf software use by Confidential departments / subsidiary banks for financial and cost reporting.