- Detail - oriented IT Project Manager having an overall 7+ years of experience, constantly being updated on all the latest in information technology. Adept at organizing a complete system upgrade and hiring a complete IT support staff.Specializes in legacy platforms and enterprise wide migrations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standard Software Development Life Cycles (SDLCs), Content Management Systems (CMS), Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions.
- Strong ability to identify and develop change strategies, establish cultural change and monitor efficacy of changes, with organizational change management approaches.
- Identified trends and changes: deadlines and deliverables; and maintained contact with all stakeholders (both internal/external).
- Practical experience of successful Scrum based development team management as an Agile Project Manager and Scrum Master
- Effectively led the team's effort by writing proposals, Statements of work writing, Agile Earned Value Management, Agile Release Train Planning, Agile Risk Management and securing department resources including budget preparation, development of budget reports, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of expenditures, to ensure that expenditures remained within the budget.
- Responsible for managing the financial cycle including bidding and proposals, purchase orders, and review and approval of vendor invoices.
- Experience in conducting JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, and design.
- Excellent Analytical Skills to understand the business process and functionality, requirements and to translate them to System Requirement Specifications.
- Extensive experience in developing Functional Specifications - Preparation of functional and technical requirement for Business Process Refinement and Automation, Data Modeling, and System Architecture.
Business Tools: Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Quest, Clear Case), MS Visio, MS Project Planner, MS Access, MS Office Suite, Visual Paradigm, Business Object (Crystal Reports), PowerPoint Project Timeline.
Business Skills: Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis, Gap Analysis, Use Case Modeling &Analysis, Business Environment andMarket Research Analysis.
Methodologies: RUP, OOAD, UML &Business/Data Modeling, Agile, Waterfall.
Testing Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Quick Test Pro, PR Tracker.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/95/98/NT/2000, Mac OS X, DOS, UNIX, Linux.
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g; SQL Server 7.0 & 2000; Access 2000, DB2.
Languages: UML, C, C++, HTML, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, ASP.NET, .NET
Confidential, Fort Wayne, IN
- Created and guided the governance body, administrative board, and project unit to facilitate proper functioning of the project.
- Coaching team in value-based prioritization and challenge the norm, time to time to ensure focus is on delivering value. Coaching Product owner and team in writing effective user stories
- Established and maintain effective relationships with the customer and key stakeholders of the project.
- Involved in the requirements gathering of the entire project functionality.
- Responsible for defining project requirements/specification and preparing project plans by using Microsoft Project Planner.
- Analyzed and prepared project deliverables su ch as Project Charter, Workflow designs using Visio and Governance decks.
- Project scoping, defining project requirements and specification and preparing project plans by using the MS project for execution
- Identified resources needed and assigned individual responsibilities and deadlines.
- Tracked the project according to the plan through its various life cycle stages.
- Coordinated with the members of the project team and lead the project meetings to develop agreements and solutions to mitigate challenges.
- Identifiedrisks/issues and reported them to stakeholders on weekly basis.
- Developed work break down structure (WBS), communication plan and risk plan.
- Reported the project health by running the weekly meetings for various streams and relaying the status updates to business/stakeholders.
- Acted as a liaison between the various stakeholders in various business units and the development teams.
- Responsible for project status monitoring and feeding project statuses to various dashboards.
- Communicated and executed the changes associated with the project in compliance with the Change Management Process.
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
- Interacted with stakeholders to gather project requirements to facilitate the quick and orderly creation of departmental projects and minimize errors.
- Responsible for coordinating all IT projects with departmental managers and executive team.
- Assisted in creating the scope and timeline for each IT project.
- Created MS project plan and manage project status control in line with client standards.
- Assisted in assembling necessary technical staff for completing each project.
- Assisted in developing an ongoing manual for the operation of the legacy networking platform.
- Communicated project plan to team members through meetings and presentations.
- Assisted in drafting project schedules, cost estimate, and deliverables.
- Assisted in budget preparation for IT operations and invoices.
- Created project documents, status reports, and monitored project progress.
- Extracted and documented of business process logic/rules from legacy programs.
- Create system level, program level and activity level flow charts for batch and online programs.
- Flow-charting the complex sequence of jobs in EOD batch process with timings to tune the batch cycles and job dependencies.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
IT Project Coordinator
- Instituted process to automate approval presentations from newly created charter document decreasing project cost and time.
- Created an MS Access database to track all project information for upper management and incorporated it into our SharePoint site for easy access. This included ratings, business sponsors, initial and final budgets, and future expenses.
- Directed project managers on all financial matters pertaining to the project portfolio including charter creation, contract labor and invoicing, vendor payment, and inter-department billing.
- Monitored the project slides to keep track of project specifics including actual spend versus budget, milestone dates, resource assignments, and any project changes to provide updates and reminders to project managers and management board.
- Project planning through MS project and execution for implementing the project.
- Proctored project approval meetings for department director to facilitate project approvals.
- Restructured existing disposal process to ensure AIG data was properly removed from HDDs, ensuring all assets were removed in compliance with Federal Regulations and AIG's legal standards.
- Created original tracking reports and gave frequent updates to clients and management.
- Acted as a liaison for projects with other corporate departments, including Executive, Legal and Information Services as well as responsible for vendor relationship.
- Helped BA in gathering Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Test cases and Test Plans.
- Coordinated with testing team for execution of test cases and close out defects.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
IT Project Coordinator
- Developed and maintained process workflows and procedures per project requirements.
- Maintained project training and presentation materials.
- Reconciled any discrepancies between project schedules and project reports.
- Communicated pertinent information to all team members in a proactive manner, such as changes in schedule dates, project's requirements, risks, and/or issues.
- Cooperated with the project manager in various activities such as resource allocation, executive status reports and in meetings with upper management.
- Provided comprehensive consultation to business units and IT management at the highest technical level on all phases of the project development lifecycle.
- Provided high level and in-depth presentations to application team heads, business stakeholders and cross functional units on the access provisioning automation process, highlighting the objectives and benefits
- Analyzed business requirements and defined and provided enterprise Identity management solutions.
- Analysed and prepared project deliverables such as Project Charter, Business Requirement Document (BRDs) and Functional Requirement Document (FRDs).
- Helped and Created Use Cases and Unified Modelling Language (UML) diagrams (Activity diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams).
- Gathered/reviewed requirements for Single Sign on (SSO) and Identity management.
- Worked on requirements for user store and policy store data from Active Directory to LDAP.
- Utilized Agile Scrum practices to help the team increase their velocity by 63% within the first year of agile adoption.
- Facilitated Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, and Retrospective meetings.
- Facilitated team and cross-team retrospectives to build good working relationships among the 4 agile teams.
IT Project Coordinator
- Regular face to face communication and recurring project status checkpoint with all key project stakeholders
- Assisted with the Financials and Resource Management System (RMS) process; including entering time for resources and approving timesheets and processing invoices.
- Created, maintained and updated presentations for Program Managers.
- Assisted Program Managers and VPs with project plans on program level and for ad-hoc PMO reporting.
- Responsible for SEP and deliverable audits.
- Responsible for new hire on-boarding (issuing seating, laptop, Blackberry, conference call #s, access, etc.)
- Contributed to the development of General Budget/Payroll/Accounting /Finances.
- Accounted for inventory surplus/deficit for project completion.
- Assisted in weekly payroll, accounts payable and outside vendor collaboration.
- Gathered business necessities through meetings, studies, prototyping and perceptions of record supervisors and UI (User Interface) of the current Portal framework.